Suite amenities...our 1st Time...tell me what I need to know!

Gatormomma

We just disembarked the Regal one week ago. We were in a suite and didn’t get free bottle water. We did turn in our complimentary mini bar set up for all soda. I could of gotten water instead but extra water was not in addition to the complimentary mini bar you get in a suite. At least for us, we didn’t get any additional bottled water and I asked but was told it was an additional charge.

One amenity that we enjoyed was ordering room service off of the main dining room menu. Ask your cabin steward for the menus and he will have them in your room each day.

Be sure to try the Suite breakfast served in Sabatini’s each morning.

I do have a question for others who have been in a suite. The PDF of suite amenities lists....Upgraded Turn Down Service. Does anyone know what this is? I didn’t notice anything different from being in a balcony or mini suite. Got the same 2 pieces of chocolate on the bed every night. Just curious.

just saw that water is included in suite...did not know, now will cancel bottles I ordered. Made me think....what else am I missing? ...any secrets I should know?

We board Regal 12/17

Water was listed as an amenity for a while but that seems to have been dropped as a current amenity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We received two bottles of water each day in our suite last April on the CB. You can exchange the bar setup for two coffee cards. Not really sure what the upgraded turndown service is. I don’t recall anything special. Fave perks are CC dining, breakfast in Sabatinis, and free same day laundry and cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do have a question for others who have been in a suite. The PDF of suite amenities lists....Upgraded Turn Down Service. Does anyone know what this is? I didn’t notice anything different from being in a balcony or mini suite. Got the same 2 pieces of chocolate on the bed every night. Just curious.

Upgraded Turn Down Service is when you ask your spouse at bedtime for a little something-something and you get nothing.

:evilsmile:

We are Elite and Suite. Never had any problem getting a supply of water just ask.. Laundry is one of the best perks and don't forget ,ask your steward for copy of the main dining room menus both lunch and dinner. Depends how port intensive you are but on a sea day indulge yourself with a nice long breakfast in Sabatinies then other meals in Club Class. Use it or lose it.

We were in a Window Suite on the Caribbean Princess - we did not get bottled water. I had pre-ordered 24 bottles of water and we didn't get anything else.

What we did get was:

a mini bottle of champagne each (day 1);

a fruit basket (day 1):

a DVD player and a pretty extensive list of DVDs to choose from (everyday);

Laundry bags - with clean laundry delivered the following day (everyday);

Rose Corsages and boutonnière delivered first formal night;

a plate of small bites the first day and checklists for subsequent days;

the MDR breakfast menu delivered to the cabin each night for the next day;

Chocolate covered strawberries on the first formal night;

the profiteroles on the second formal night.

We also had club class dining which was excellent. There was frequently additional menu items (sometimes 2 - one prepared in the dining room and a chef's special) and service was over the top great.

With the free suite laundry we are able to pack a lot less for a cruise. Has to make it to the laundry folks by 9AM for it come back same day. Our steward always checked to see if we had anything around 8:30 every morning. With 4 of us in the cabin it seems we had something for laundry almost every day.

We just got off the Star and had the two bottles of water in the frig when we arrived but had to ask the Steward for water the second day. It was there after that. We also tried to order a case of water while on board but RS told us that this has to be ordered before you board online. This was something new for us.

Wow! Wonderful info!

Question.....what is so special about bkfst in Sabatin"s!

Unlimited mimosas and espresso beverages are included. The menu includes items you cannot get in the MDR for breakfast. Like poached eggs on top of roasted potatoes topped with hollandaise sauce in a beautiful glass globe bowl. The danishes that are offered on a tray included things that were not in the MDR as well. It was very relaxing with only a few tables dining at a time when we were there. The French toast is amazing too!

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking over the PDF for suites. Can anyone tell me what the "complimentary photo sitting with photographer" consists of? Just a free pic or some kind of special sitting? I am sailing on the crown, should I ask for the 2 waters daily or has it been established that is no longer a perk?

I was just looking over the PDF for suites. Can anyone tell me what the "complimentary photo sitting with photographer" consists of? Just a free pic or some kind of special sitting? I am sailing on the crown, should I ask for the 2 waters daily or has it been established that is no longer a perk?
I don't think the photo sitting includes any free photos. We automatically received the two bottles of water each day earlier this month on the Royal. On the first formal night, we had the two boutonnieres. We had chocolate truffles on both formal nights.

For the OP, the Regal has a concierge lounge for you to enjoy--along with a concierge to assist you in any onboard requests. Since our suite was at the very front of the ship, we did not take advantage of the lounge very much. The concierge did make the reservations for us for the first night's complimentary dinner at the Crown Grill. (That was great.) The lounge has a variety of light refreshments, including a fancy coffee machine that you can use to make cappuccinos and other coffee drinks. There are also games and books.

Laundry was never the same day for us. I don't think our cabin steward made it to our cabin in time to get it to the laundry for the same-day service even though we were out of the cabin in time for him to do so. We ended up sending it out at night instead of trying to have it ready in the morning. It always came back the next night.

Our suite (the Rhodes Suite--Aloha 102) did not have some of the amenities listed. We were missing the walk-in closet and the upgraded balcony furniture (we had two chairs with ottomans and a table, not four chairs--and there wasn't room for any more furniture on our balcony). I did not see any umbrellas and fortunately did not need them in any ports.

Unfortunately, on the Royal and Regal, suites don't come with free access to the thermal suite in the spa. I think they should.