Live from the 12/3 Regal

Host CJSKIDS

The medallion only works on 50% of the doors it’s installed in.

The lanyards were provided as a gift. They have them tied to your loyalty level for sale on the gift shop but otherwise everyone gets blue.

I did buy one of the wristbands because I was told by crew they stay. Well my slipped of at crooners last night as well as today.

They are still asking for the cards at the bars so not sure why we need to carry the medallion.

There were more options for lunch than what we had.

I know food is subjective, but I will say so far I so think the food has slipped a bit. Our friends who were on all last week said they had two terrible meals last week in the MDR

I got some of the chicken salad at the IC and wanted to say “dont we need some chicken in the chicken salad! It was mainly apples and celery. Tea service in the sanctuary is still fantastic.

Can’t tellnyou about the “butter situation” because we weren’t offered bread at lunch and we ate at Alfredo’s last night. Tonight will be the only time I am on there for dinner.

Tonight is the Winemakers dinner and I’m excited to be going to that.

I’m hoping Jovie got my good chocolate so my original chocolate martini can be decorated!

Crew members are still as amazing as they always were. They really are exceptional.

Cruise so far is fantastic. Doing nothing but laughing hard with our great friends. And we meet them maybe 8 years ago in the main dining room!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Update. Our medallion now works for the door!!

And Jason at Crooner got my chocolate that sticks to the glass. Two beautiful original chocolate martinis are sitting in front of us!

The girl playing guitar tonight is fantastic!

Winemakers dinner!

Great to hear...how about the other medallion functions...here and now or then there...any movement on the tagalongs showing up on the screens?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Purchase something in one of the shops and you can just lay your medallion on the sensor, no signature needed. They did find a gllitch on that for awhile last week but I believe they got it straightened out. My wife walked into one of the places last week and the gentleman working there said "Oh, hello Mrs. ____, how are you doing tonight?" She looked at him and said, "Okay, what previous cruise do I know you from?" and he replied, "Oh, no, the sensor read your Medallion. That's how I knew your name." Kind of surprised her that first time!

Tom

And Jason at Crooner got my chocolate that sticks to the glass. Two beautiful original chocolate martinis are sitting in front of us!

Winemakers dinner!

That's a welcome development!

Purchase something in one of the shops and you can just lay your medallion on the sensor, no signature needed. They did find a gllitch on that for awhile last week but I believe they got it straightened out. My wife walked into one of the places last week and the gentleman working there said "Oh, hello Mrs. ____, how are you doing tonight?" She looked at him and said, "Okay, what previous cruise do I know you from?" and he replied, "Oh, no, the sensor read your Medallion. That's how I knew your name." Kind of surprised her that first time!

Tom

I thought the medallion just had to be with you no need to pull it out...what about if i had it in that necklace i would either have 2 keep removing the necklace or bend down,over to place the medallion on the sensor? So why move away from the card if i still have to pull out the medallion ..thought all the promos showed you just had to be there with medallion get purchases and be like thanks and walk out?

I thought the medallion just had to be with you no need to pull it out...what about if i had it in that necklace i would either have 2 keep removing the necklace or bend down,over to place the medallion on the sensor? So why move away from the card if i still have to pull out the medallion ..thought all the promos showed you just had to be there with medallion get purchases and be like thanks and walk out?

I think that might be a misunderstanding we've had. Thinking about this scenario, It makes sense that a person who is buying something might have to actually physically place an item (e.g. card, medallion, whatever) onto a sensor for the sensor to actually know which item to register a charge to! Suppose you are standing closer to the sensor that is linked to the cash register that is ringing up the sale of a necklace that I'm buying for my wife and that sensor picks up your medallion rather than mine. You sure as heck wouldn't want to have to explain why your charge list at the end of a cruise shows a piece of jewelry being bought by you when she didn't receive one from you would you? :eek::eek: Now that might be a really interesting end to your cruise!! ;p I hadn't ever thought of that scenario until you brought this up.

Tom

Tom that does make sense...by the way i am the wife...so it would be explaining to the mr why i bought a necklace for myself..lol. But i just remember all those promo videos showing no need to remove the medallion...same could go for drinks...i am closer to the bar or your waitress at loungers and i get charged for your beer or wine. But i would hope it would show the pic of the person being charged and if they see it is not the person actually getting said necklace or drink they would correct it then and there....guess we shall see once this goes fully live

We are on the cruise next week and got the email below:

Message those on board and beyond for free

During your upcoming Ocean Preview cruise, you'll be able to enjoy free text messaging using the apps you, your family and your friends already enjoy. Before you depart, make sure your entire group has WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or WeChat. Or if you and your circle all have iPhones, simply use iMessage. As an option, you can also download the SocialOcean™ app to even better enable your experience, and you're all set to connect with friends and family while at sea!

Unlimited Medallion Net is free for Platinum and Elite and $9.99 per day for everyone else.

Thank you Azbirdmom! Hope you have a wonderful cruise next week!

Winemakers dinner!

Glad you are having some success with your medallion. We are loving the Internet speed.

We have heard that the bracelet or wrist Medallion is being redone to have 2 snaps (clasps) on it like the Disney ones so that they will stay on. The one snap design didn't work as well as expected so they are reverting to the two snap design.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glad you are having some success with your medallion. We are loving the Internet speed.

We have heard that the bracelet or wrist Medallion is being redone to have 2 snaps (clasps) on it like the Disney ones so that they will stay on. The one snap design didn't work as well as expected so they are reverting to the two snap design.

Ok. To the poster who laughed at me getting the dressing. It wasn’t even my husbands! It was our friend’s dressing! Lol

Wine dinner tonight was just more fun than I can say. We went through a lot of wine!! Not sure we are welcomed back!!! Lol

Here is one problem with the medallion and the blue “pilots license” that comes with it. Buying something on the store, they couldn’t tell I was elite to go be me my discount.

Gremlinbangels, where will you be tomorrow?!

Tom that does make sense...by the way i am the wife...so it would be explaining to the mr why i bought a necklace for myself..lol. But i just remember all those promo videos showing no need to remove the medallion...same could go for drinks...i am closer to the bar or your waitress at loungers and i get charged for your beer or wine. But i would hope it would show the pic of the person being charged and if they see it is not the person actually getting said necklace or drink they would correct it then and there....guess we shall see once this goes fully live

There was one case that I know of on the cruise where someone was charged for a large number of drinks that he allegedly did not consume. Whether that involved a Medallion or a regular cruise card, I do not know.

Oh, one other thing that I did find out during the cruise is that if you have a pacemaker installed in your body, you will not get a medallion but will be given a cruise card. That was a very interesting thing I thought. Normally, I would think that the medallion would show the photo of the person which would clear it up. Whatever the problem, they deleted the drink charges and I guess solved the question of who was supposed to get charged for them internally.

Tom

Ok. To the poster who laughed at me getting the dressing. It wasn’t even my husbands! It was our friend’s dressing! Lol

Wine dinner tonight was just more fun than I can say. We went through a lot of wine!! Not sure we are welcomed back!!! Lol

Here is one problem with the medallion and the blue “pilots license” that comes with it. Buying something on the store, they couldn’t tell I was elite to go be me my discount.

Yep, same thing happened to my wife a couple of times. With that special "Test Pilot" cruise card there wasn't any way to tell what loyalty level a person had since there was no card color to tell the level and the number down in the bottom right corner of the card is not a sure indicator of the loyalty level.

Tom

Oh, one other thing that I did find out during the cruise is that if you have a pacemaker installed in your body, you will not get a medallion but will be given a cruise card. That was a very interesting thing I thought.

Tom

Yeah i read that about the pacemaker...but didnt hear that they would actually stop you from getting one. I mean i can just see the medical emergency and then the lawsuit if someone with a pacemaker dropped it in their shirt pocket...:eek:. So i guess it is good that they wont even give you a medallion......well that is if you are honest with them in stating that you do have a pacemaker..wonder what would happen if you lied and something happened?

My friends that we are traveling with next year are interested in the tagalongs and us some of the other stuff, so i cant wait to hear more about what is working and what is not.

Is the bingo you can play on deck via a tablet just bingo or is it the actual bingo going on on the ship for money?

Arrived yesterday at the port at 10 am. There was zero lines! You could walk right into the building and check in. Then up to the preferred area. They have nicely redone this area. We were on board before 11 am! This was a first. Best embarkation ever!

Carolyn, since you had your medallions already, what was the check in process like for you? Had you used Ocean Ready? And could you walk straight onto the ship like the promo said you would?

Sandra

Carolyn, since you had your medallions already, what was the check in process like for you? Had you used Ocean Ready? And could you walk straight onto the ship like the promo said you would?

Sandra

That's the plan, but you still need to confess if you had diarrhea or throwing up on the medical slip and maybe show a passport.

As far as room service goes, you can order cocktails, beers, wines by the glass, and they are offering full bottles of wine. You CAN NOT order the small bottles of liquor that used to be available. So if you want those, order ahead of time.

Thank you for verifying that.

It seems strange, but that is also how the bottled water package works.

Thank you for verifying that.

It seems strange, but that is also how the bottled water package works.

Looks like I need to pre-order a bottle or two. I was really banking on that being a miscommunication. Thanks for the info.

Also a question to OP. Do you know if they showed Sunday or Monday night football on the MUTS screen the last two nights?

Hmm good question. We are heading to Lido deck for breakfast. We were going to look at events there, so I will let you know. We are wearing outr black Christmas shirts today....will let you know.

Looks like I need to pre-order a bottle or two. I was really banking on that being a miscommunication. Thanks for the info.

Also a question to OP. Do you know if they showed Sunday or Monday night football on the MUTS screen the last two nights?

Don't know about the Monday night game but they were scheduled to show the Seahawks game on the 3rd of December.

Tom

That's the plan, but you still need to confess if you had diarrhea or throwing up on the medical slip and maybe show a passport.

Passports & boarding passes were checked right after entering the building for all who boarded on the 26 Nov boarding. One of the reasons for that was because there was another Princess ship sailing from Lauderdale the same day. At least one couple was at the wrong pier too! :confused::o After the cruisers went through security scans, they were then divided into 3 different lines, regular boarding, preferred boarding and medallion and went directly to check-in.

Tom

Enjoying your “live” - we were on the repo 10/26-11/6

Internet slower than slow, ***** workers all over the place

Jason is awesome! Try a Milky Way martini -comes with the chocolate art work too!

Loved Archie in Wheelhouse-he was pre-dinner. Jason after dinner![emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums