Live from the 12/3 Regal

Host CJSKIDS

Dinner tonight in sabatinis was wonderful except for the main course. The first course of puffy bread, delicious! Burrata appetizer was both delicious and so very well plated. A work of art. Salad course was light and again beautifully plated. Pasta, had them make it with just olive oil and garlic.

Then came the chicken course. Both mine and my girlfriend’s came out cold Ok. Can deal with that. But not only was it visually unappealing it it was more packed chicken and was terrible. 4 at the table of 4 sent it back. What a letdown.

Dessert was another major rebound.

Getting the large bottles of water have been a hassle at dinner. They all just keep saying no.

Chicos just opened a short time ago and they had a fashion show. That was a first.

It seems like most of the events on board are more a pitch to sell things. I’m so not a fan of princess live. Feel they really ruined the different game shows and trivia by having it in there.

Our cabin steward is fantastic. The crooners and vines crew are just great. Jovie and Jason in crooners really are just great.

Captain Tim is the best I’ve come across. He was again walking around the dining room at breakfast saying hello. Just love all th info he gives when he comes on the speaker system, especially when leaving port.

Only two more nights left. Boo.....

Boo for you but yay for me since we board Sunday! Be prepared for chilly weather. Ft. Lauderdale temperatures are forecast to be high of 65 and low of 48 but the sun should be shining.

Thanks for sharing all of the information and I hope the rest of your cruise is wonderful!

can you also take your valuable cruise time to check on the butter situation in each of the various dining venues?

I for one, really appreciate whatever you post

don't let this thread and requests consume you:evilsmile::cool:;p

We were on the Nov 26th cruise. We had early dining in the Allegro dining room. Table for 4 with 4 little balls (not pats) of butter. No problem getting more when asked.

Yesterday in Cozumel was a fun.

This mornings service in the MDR for breakfast is awful. From the bad attitude at the door when people wanted to not share a table to the server on our area. He is snarky to all of the tables around us.

And no offer of butter! Lol

It’s a rainy day and a bit rough due to the cold front.

Dinner tonight in sabatinis was wonderful except for the main course. The first course of puffy bread, delicious! Burrata appetizer was both delicious and so very well plated. A work of art. Salad course was light and again beautifully plated. Pasta, had them make it with just olive oil and garlic.

Then came the chicken course. Both mine and my girlfriend’s came out cold Ok. Can deal with that. But not only was it visually unappealing it it was more packed chicken and was terrible. 4 at the table of 4 sent it back. What a letdown.

Dessert was another major rebound.

Getting the large bottles of water have been a hassle at dinner. They all just keep saying no.

Chicos just opened a short time ago and they had a fashion show. That was a first.

It seems like most of the events on board are more a pitch to sell things. I’m so not a fan of princess live. Feel they really ruined the different game shows and trivia by having it in there.

Our cabin steward is fantastic. The crooners and vines crew are just great. Jovie and Jason in crooners really are just great.

Captain Tim is the best I’ve come across. He was again walking around the dining room at breakfast saying hello. Just love all th info he gives when he comes on the speaker system, especially when leaving port.

Are you saying that there is a Chico's store on the ship? That would be great!

The cold front arrived and according to captain Tim we had hurricane force winds. Cold, grey weather for our last day. Not always easy to walk!!

They closed the sanctuary today. Not allowed up there. We are attempting to get our money back for the day. They have said no, because it’s open rain or shine. Well you have a closed sign up so you have removed my choice whether to sit there!

Went to pub lunch. Service was off and it took forever to get our food. Our server seemed like he wanted to be any place but there.

There is definitely less crew on the ship than in years past. And the quality of food in the main dining room has dropped.

We have had a great cruise and I’m sorry it’s our last night. We have had the greatest time with our dear friends and have laughed and laughed non stop.

Did you do anything special in Cozumel? it seems like we always end up at Pancho's Backyard for a drink or so before we get back on the ship. Did Tulum, and the little scoop coops for a tour around town on previous trips.:cool:

Did you do anything special in Cozumel? it seems like we always end up at Pancho's Backyard for a drink or so before we get back on the ship. Did Tulum, and the little scoop coops for a tour around town on previous trips.:cool:

We have been there so many times that we just shopped, had lunch with our friends at Panchos and the bar hopped. Basically spent my day drinking tequila!

The cold front arrived and according to captain Tim we had hurricane force winds. Cold, grey weather for our last day. Not always easy to walk!!

They closed the sanctuary today. Not allowed up there. We are attempting to get our money back for the day. They have said no, because it’s open rain or shine. Well you have a closed sign up so you have removed my choice whether to sit there!

Sorry that you're dealing with the nasty weather. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale today and way out we could see the huge waves. It's cool and cloudy here with occasional rain here today.

I hope you get your money back on the day at the Sanctuary. You certainly should. They definitely lost the "rain or shine" argument when they put up the "closed" sign.

This mornings service in the MDR for breakfast is awful. From the bad attitude at the door when people wanted to not share a table to the server on our area. He is snarky to all of the tables around us.

I don't know why, but Princess seems to have trouble being even OK at breakfast, even though dinner is usually pretty good.

We've had crummy service on almost every cruise we've been on. The exception was the Island in December 2015.

We rarely go to the MDR for breakfast now because it's so frustrating.

Jim

I'm boarding on the 10th. My first Princess cruise, and after reading this review, my expectations are about equal to Carnival, which are none, but thanks for the heads up.

i was on the regal 2 months ago and it was fantastic except for the room that creaked in the super high winds. all else was stellar and if it was cheaper on a regular basis id go back over and over. but i got a steal the 1st trip and i'm spoiled.

I'm boarding on the 10th. My first Princess cruise, and after reading this review, my expectations are about equal to Carnival, which are none, but thanks for the heads up.

Seriously?! So most of the live from was so extremely positive and that’s what you walk away with?!!

My reviews are always honest. Good and bad. I’ve done 21 cruises and bought another FCC.

I’m sad as hell to leave tomorrow.

Seriously?! So most of the live from was so extremely positive and that’s what you walk away with?!!

My reviews are always honest. Good and bad. I’ve done 21 cruises and bought another FCC.

I’m sad as hell to leave tomorrow.

Stay on another week with Brad and I..... :)

Don't get distracted by all of the medallion discussion. For those not involved with the medallion "stuff" it will not impact your cruise in the least. For that matter, if you are involved with the medallion it will not impact your cruise in the least either. You will notice a difference between the Carnival ship and the Princess ship I believe, however. Go expecting to have a good time and you most probably will have that kind of a cruise!!

Tom

I will have a great cruise. My attitude was just a come down from what was expected. I guess that was too high.I don't care about the Ocean Medallion because i don't have a smart phone, and got $200.00 OBC in lieu of the *****. I am looking forward to meet all of you, and have safety pins for our name tags.That is a great idea, having name tags. That's the first time I've seen that.

Sorry that you're dealing with the nasty weather. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale today and way out we could see the huge waves. It's cool and cloudy here with occasional rain here today.

I hope you get your money back on the day at the Sanctuary. You certainly should. They definitely lost the "rain or shine" argument when they put up the "closed" sign.

I can agree with the argument that you should get a refund if they closed the Sanctuary to do some maintenance, but if they are closing it due to the high winds and a passenger safety issue then I would think not.

I will have a great cruise. My attitude was just a come down from what was expected. I guess that was too high.I don't care about the Ocean Medallion because i don't have a smart phone, and got $200.00 OBC in lieu of the *****. I am looking forward to meet all of you, and have safety pins for our name tags.That is a great idea, having name tags. That's the first time I've seen that.

That's the attitude everyone should have prior to boarding. Any voyage is as good as you make it. We have come away from some nasty situations aboard the ship and still wanting more of the good stuff we encountered. We are still looking forward to the Regal Princess at the end of February even though it looks like we won't be a part of the ***** experience. Disappointed? Yeah, sure but then we are still on the ship we love to sail on and we get to stop at Falmouth which is first for us. All the other aspects of the ***** experience we got to enjoy while on the 2-day inaugural roll out of the ***** in November and it was pretty cool.

That's the attitude everyone should have prior to boarding. Any voyage is as good as you make it. We have come away from some nasty situations aboard the ship and still wanting more of the good stuff we encountered. We are still looking forward to the Regal Princess at the end of February even though it looks like we won't be a part of the ***** experience. Disappointed? Yeah, sure but then we are still on the ship we love to sail on and we get to stop at Falmouth which is first for us. All the other aspects of the ***** experience we got to enjoy while on the 2-day inaugural roll out of the ***** in November and it was pretty cool.

exactly what ***** experiences did you receive on the 2 day preview??:cool: