Want to ask my gf to marry me

WoodBushes

Leave on the sunshine dec 9th I figured this would be the perfect chance any ideas?

It's cheesy, but you could do it right before you get on the boat when do they the welcome aboard pictures. Or at another photo opportunity when you are dressed up. It would be nice to capture the emotions on photo!

Leave on the sunshine dec 9th I figured this would be the perfect chance any ideas?

If you want more private, You could also have rose pedals befor you go in room. Then when you go in she wouldn't put it all together right awAy.

Or you could take her to the fun shops and go look at engagement rings and then do it there. (Or work with the head guy and put the actual ring in the cAse and when she tries it on... get down on your knee)

At A port is always a good option.

For what it's worth....first formal night (which should be your first full day on the ship). You can do it privately or publicly, before or after (or during) dinner, and there will be plenty of opportunities for photos.

Formal night would be best . Prearranged it with the photographers ( seek someone at the pixels gallery before formal night and tell them your plan ) you will be sure to get pictures of the moment you proposed .

Or set it up with it being on Morning Show that is done with the CD on sea days if you two get up early enough to see it .

If you want more private do it on a beach at one of the ports . Either way congratulations to you both and I am sure however you propose to her she will be surprised and very happy .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Morning show would be a great idea...you could have the photographer in the audience ready to go and your GF won't have a clue because all you have to tell her its aactivity you really wanted to do. Just give CD a heads up and he/she will be ready to help you out and que you up at the show. Good luck!!

Or you could take her to the fun shops and go look at engagement rings and then do it there. (Or work with the head guy and put the actual ring in the cAse and when she tries it on... get down on your knee)

Not sure this is a good idea. She might see another ring she wants to try.

I was thinking of doing the same, but decided to make it more personal and ask her by the tire swing she loves to go on right after Sunday service at our local church. We’re planning on driving up to port Baltimore right after the 10am Sunday service. Will be an interesting drive up and more memorable start to our vacation.

Less than 2 weeks till our trip! Excited!

Edited by mrneil001
added

As some one who was proposed to on a Carnival ship- some helpful hints.

Be aware of acting weird. I knew it was coming because he kept trying to hide something from me. If you want the ring hidden, put it in a single spot that doesn't have to be moved a bunch of times in your luggage.

Pick a spot/time/location and stick with it. Apparently I kept moving and interrupting all his romantic gestures that he wanted to do until he panicked and just asked me in the cabin as we were getting ready for dinner one night. So be prepared to just ask her to stay for a minute or something.

There are plenty of private spots for you to ask the question on board, if you don't want other people around. Sunset on aft decks or during sail away from a port are usually less crowded.

:)

Marriage is a dying institution - but I would consider doing it early on in the trip, if not right before departure. My life partner was never happier than when I popped the Q and let's just say never more adventurous. Unfortunately, none of that made up for the pains of wedding planning!

If there is any chance she might not say yes then wait until midway through the cruise at least. In my case I proposed on the 5th day of a 7 day cruise and just off the coast of Key West. It was too far to swim so I had a feeling she'd say yes.

Very excited for you both! Recently two of my four boys got engaged (one already pulled the trigger) so I am alongside your mother whose fist and arm are pulling down alongside her body with a strong “YES!” :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve thought this through, and when I ask my wife to remarry me (renew our vows) for our 10 year anniversary, I’ll do it on the bow of the ship during a sunset early on in the cruise. As other can attest, nothing is better than a gushing new bride-to-be. The attitude is infectious.