Deluxe beverage package

when you purchase the drink package, it says bottled water. Does this mean you can grab several bottles to bring to your cabin? Or one at a time? Also, what is the definition of premium coffee?

One bottle at a time. You may find a bar that will give you more than one bottle, buit it's pretty easy to ask for a bottle every time you go by a bar and stock up in your stateroom.

when you purchase the drink package, it says bottled water. Does this mean you can grab several bottles to bring to your cabin? Or one at a time? Also, what is the definition of premium coffee?

Premium coffee is Espresso drinks but does not include Starbucks.

Yes, as stated, the coffees such as espresso, latté, cappuccinos, Americano and the like are coffees made from an espresso machine are considered "Specialty". The Drip percolator machines are the regular "complimentary" coffees that they use to fill the pump thermos coffee distributors.

dp

One bottle at a time. You may find a bar that will give you more than one bottle, buit it's pretty easy to ask for a bottle every time you go by a bar and stock up in your stateroom.

I have purchased the Deluxe package. Since the tip is included in the price, it is NOT standard practice to tip in cash when ordering a drink correct?

I have purchased the Deluxe package. Since the tip is included in the price, it is NOT standard practice to tip in cash when ordering a drink correct?

No you don’t have to tip for each drink. I usually find a favorite bartender and give a cash tip at the end of the cruise above what they get from the drink package. But......sometimes if you give a dollar here and there you may get special service too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought it does not include Starbucks. .???

This is always a confusing subject, after all, we are dealing with Royal Caribbean.

On Oasis class ships, which have a dedicated licensed Starbucks kiosk, the package does not include beverages from Starbucks, but DOES include specialty coffees from other venues like Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

On other ships, the package includes specialty coffees from all venues that offer specialty coffees. Some of those venues may use Starbucks beans for their espresso, so people will say that the package includes Starbucks on those ships.

Was always handed two bottles of water without asking. Sometimes without even asking for water.

Tipped a dollar cash every time, had the Deluxe package, but noticed almost no one else tipping at all. The bartenders didn't seem to mind.

No you don’t have to tip for each drink. I usually find a favorite bartender and give a cash tip at the end of the cruise above what they get from the drink package. But......sometimes if you give a dollar here and there you may get special service too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As noted, with the package , the tip is already worked in, BUT, if you have a favorite waiter, throwing an extra tip always helps. For me too, if I know there is a place I will frequent a lot, Ill leave a real nice tip with the first couple of drinks to create a "favorite waiter".

"I don't believe in tipping. I believe in over tipping."

---- Todd Wilkinson

it is a discussion that's been around a long time ... tip early or after????

option one - tip your bartender and cabin stew' the first day and they will take 'special' care of you. I'll admit I've done this ...

option two - see if the stew' or bar tender earns an extra tip (more prevalent since the advent of automatic tips)

On our most recent OASIS trip (a week ago) we had no problem getting special attention from our favorite bartenders - we had drink package. by the second night the guys in Schooner saw we were probably gonna be regulars and by day 3 were convinced. They made special treats for DW to try, ensured my glass was never empty. there were some other 'regulars' who were tipping cash ... they were not getting any service beyond what we were .... IMO, maybe less ... there IS something to be said for speaking nicely to your servers and engaging in conversation. The last nite I gave each a nice cash tip on top of our included gratuities. AND made a point to say a heartfelt Thank You.

p.s. I asked for two bottles of water dozens of times flashing my card marked for deluxe drink and was never denied or even questioned .... at Schooner they'd ask "how many would you like?"

I'm thinking about getting the soda package, but with the per day fee for a 7 day and the service charge, it comes out to $70 per person. I haven't cruised on RC before. How much are their sodas?

I believe a can of soda runs around $4 including tip. You will get a glass of ice with each can.

I'm thinking about getting the soda package, but with the per day fee for a 7 day and the service charge, it comes out to $70 per person. I haven't cruised on RC before. How much are their sodas?

The Liberty does not have the Freestyle machines, so on the soda package, you just get what the bars have "on the gun", which is Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic and Club Soda.

If you like other kinds, you have to pay for cans, and you can't always count on what they may happen to have in cans on your particular cruise.

Although RC's rules say that bringing your own is prohibited, almost no one is prevented from carrying on a six pack or two of cans of soda.

On OASIS recently, IME, the FREESTYLE machines were empty of over 50% of the choices at least 50% of the time and 75% of the time had only 'water' aka all the flavor cartridges were empty ....

We came to ignore them and just go to bars for refills as Coke or Diet Coke is fine for us ..... but if buying a package for the FS machine, be warned .....

My wife and I both had the deluxe package on our last Anthem Cruise. Both our plastic "Coke Souvenir" cups were still wrapped in plastic when we disembarked. We find them to be to awkward to carry around and forget somewhere.

dp

As noted, with the package , the tip is already worked in, BUT, if you have a favorite waiter, throwing an extra tip always helps. For me too, if I know there is a place I will frequent a lot, Ill leave a real nice tip with the first couple of drinks to create a "favorite waiter".

"I don't believe in tipping. I believe in over tipping."

---- Todd Wilkinson

While the tip is already "worked in" it's only 18%. That always irritates me because 20% is the standard for good service (and more for exceptional service). As a former employee in the hospitality industry, I feel guilty if I don't tip an extra buck. I wish they'd raise the surcharge to 20%.

While the tip is already "worked in" it's only 18%. That always irritates me because 20% is the standard for good service (and more for exceptional service). As a former employee in the hospitality industry, I feel guilty if I don't tip an extra buck. I wish they'd raise the surcharge to 20%.

I usually bring $100 in singles with me and make sure I distribute them all in extra tips. I usually over tip those that become "favorites" but try to make sure we always recognize superior service. These folks work hard for not a lot of money.

Edited by zdad59

I don’t mind tipping an extra buck if served by a real person, but do you think it’s really worth 20% if just using a machine?