Sky Princess Sabatinis

chamima

Would be nice if it were Sabatini's rather than the new Sabatini's Trattoria.

Better off dining at Alfredo's with no upcharge and more filling fare.

But I assume the OPs reference was to the deletion of Sabatini's from the Asia-targeted Majestic Princess. With Sky Princess debuting with the typical summer Europe/rest of year Caribbean deployment the public venues will likely be indistinguishable from Royal and Regal.

Though the continued silence on any future versions of SHARE does speak volumes. (But I am among the seemingly small minority who orders the pork belly entree the night it is offered in the MDR).

Though the continued silence on any future versions of SHARE does speak volumes. (But I am among the seemingly small minority who orders the pork belly entree the night it is offered in the MDR).

Most people who dine have no idea they really love pork belly when it is called by it's more common name. I order it also....and what's more, I like Share....Have been numerous times, and I would be sorry to see it go. I think that Princess tries to elevate its tastes....Obviously it is not Seabourn or Crystal, but I find it refreshing to see it make an effort on doing something that is a bit different.

Food is a matter of taste but based on what I and my friends ordered from the Share options on the Star a couple of weeks ago, I not only wouldn’t pay a dime to go to Share, you couldn’t pay me to go. I had the chicken and leek pie: it was not what I expected. Under the crust, it was watery soup with tiny scraps of dark meat chicken that looked like they were picked off the carcas after the meat had been stripped off. My friend had the pork belly and it was mostly fat with a narrow (1”) strip of meat. I guess people really like that but I thought it looked gross.

Cruise last month Princess had lowered the price to the "one time special" of $29 same as CG. We were on a b2b and miraculously the "special" was on both cruises. We went to SHARE because we had never been and had a voucher. It was OK but not something I would want to go back to. Interesting part is that Princess had already scheduled us for one night at SHARE with our voucher. The ship was pushing SHARE hard which says to me attendance was not that great.

By virtue of the fact that they had lowered the price, the negative responses and that no other ship in drydock has installed SHARE, I would say it is a dead concept. It has already been reported that the new Sabatini's will be on the Sky so yet another death nail in SHARE's coffin. When we dined there last month a large table of 8 or so was next to us of crew members.

To the OP, we received the same email today.

Would be nice if it were Sabatini's rather than the new Sabatini's Trattoria.

Better off dining at Alfredo's with no upcharge and more filling fare.

It states Sabatini's Trattoria in the promo and isn't that the new name? And isn't that just a naming convention? Won't menu be standardized?

It states Sabatini's Trattoria in the promo and isn't that the new name? And isn't that just a naming convention? Won't menu be standardized?

The renaming from Sabatini's to Sabatini's Trattoria is advancing ship by ship as each ship changes from the actual-entree-sized dishes menu to the small plates/tasting menu.

New menu:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/sabatinis-trattoria/sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

Available on Caribbean Princess, Grand Princess, Regal Princess and Coral Princess. Coming to Star Princess in December.

Menu in the process of being phased out:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Sabatinis-Menu-Sample.pdf

...which based on the above is still the menu on Pacific, Golden, Island, Diamond, Sapphire, Crown and Royal. For the time being.

I realize you have two different links, but seemed to result in the same menu. Also, I noted $25 service charge. I thought it was $29 now - same as CG.

Yes, I was aware of the menu changes, but it seems Princess marketing is all using Trattoria name now. Anyway, I guess the best course is check the menu on the ship and if it appeals at the asking price, book it.

Never did Sab's before as always preferred CG offerings and the most we did it per cruise was twice and the second time was on a whim. Plan to try Sab's this winter (we have it booked for Feb 14).

Food is a matter of taste but based on what I and my friends ordered from the Share options on the Star a couple of weeks ago, I not only wouldn’t pay a dime to go to Share, you couldn’t pay me to go. I had the chicken and leek pie: it was not what I expected. Under the crust, it was watery soup with tiny scraps of dark meat chicken that looked like they were picked off the carcas after the meat had been stripped off. My friend had the pork belly and it was mostly fat with a narrow (1”) strip of meat. I guess people really like that but I thought it looked gross.

I totally agree with you Pam.

Tony

Just another example of trying to fix something that wasn't broken. I have suggested to Santa Clarita that instead of forging ahead and trying something entirely different, just improve what already works. The whole Curtis Stone thingy didn't make sense to me from the beginning, but I'm convinced it was to appeal to a newer up and coming future group of passengers and the heck with us "seasoned" veterans. The changes in the P/E/S lounge menu, the Salty Dog menu, the Planks and Steamers (where the jury is still out on the CB) are cases in point. Bring on more Alfredo type venues and send Share to the scrap heap.

Exactly what I experienced with the chicken leek pie on the Pacific back in May. I even tried it a second time, in case the first time was a fluke, But with the same results.....

Apparently the salty dog will be on the sky princess as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s good to hear as I’m still looking forward to trying it for the first time.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Apparently the salty dog will be on the sky princess as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would expect that because it's the hamburger, hot dog and chicken place near the pool. What is not working well with me at this venue is that they got rid of the brats and replaced with hot dogs and then brought on specialty burgers and charged for them. I don't know if they are trying to do something like the Johnny Rockets on RCI ships or what. They did hire a guy from RCI and it's his ideas for the Steamers, Planks, and the PES lounge menu.

I would expect that because it's the hamburger, hot dog and chicken place near the pool. What is not working well with me at this venue is that they got rid of the brats and replaced with hot dogs and then brought on specialty burgers and charged for them. I don't know if they are trying to do something like the Johnny Rockets on RCI ships or what. They did hire a guy from RCI and it's his ideas for the Steamers, Planks, and the PES lounge menu.

According to the menu I have from the Caribbean the Salty Dog has two different burgers, tacos, loaded fries and hot dogs. No brats, but hot dogs were always available at the Trident Grill. mentioned. The Ernesto Burger is $5, $8 with a beer.

l