Mobile Pass

eandx

I just noticed an app called mobile pass in the iTunes App Store. It is CBP approved for port Everglades. It appears to give you expedited processing at customs. Just wondered if any princess cruisers have had luck using the app. We are cruising in January and will give it a try.

Yes, it’s awesome.

Now please remove this post so no one sees this. Once people know how good it is, they will take advantage and get in my virtually non-existent line. [emoji6]

Oh no, you are SO wrong about the app!! It's JUST awful!!

(Please, change your post so no one else will get this app and then get into our virtually non-existent line--lol)

what % of Princess cruisers are avid CC readers and will learn about this app thru this thread, and will be on your particular cruise?

10-20 max?:cool:

And what percentage of the general public read USA Today who saw this ib 2014?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2014/08/12/filling-out-your-customs-forms-theres-an-app-for-that-/13942863/

Have used it at multiple airports with great success. Last cruise from FLL it was supposed to be operative but was not. No big deal as we were in first walk off for early flight but I was hoping to take advantage of it. On the safe side fill out your paper customs form, you can always toss it later.

Have used it at multiple airports with great success. Last cruise from FLL it was supposed to be operative but was not. No big deal as we were in first walk off for early flight but I was hoping to take advantage of it. On the safe side fill out your paper customs form, you can always toss it later.

No more paper customs form (at least at San Pedro). :D

YMMV

We have yet to be able to use the Mobile Passport Line at Port Everglades - was hoping to use it last February and November. It might be that since we do walk-offs, the Mobile Passport line isn't open that early. There is a sign for the Line so it must be used for the later disembarkation times.

We have yet to be able to use the Mobile Passport Line at Port Everglades - was hoping to use it last February and November. It might be that since we do walk-offs, the Mobile Passport line isn't open that early. There is a sign for the Line so it must be used for the later disembarkation times.

I walked off in the first group from Royal (in November 2017)

There was no special line, nada.

As I mentioned in another thread:

I had my phone open with the mobile passport ready.

The Customs gent looked at it and said "What do I need that for? All I need are your passports."

And, as another poster mentioned, no customs declaration form.

And, we were not asked a single question.

We used it yesterday in PE and it was the third time that we got to use it in terminal 2. Yesterday was the first time that they actually scanned the bar code from the app and didn't need our passports. We breezed out of the terminal quickly! Love it.

Since you no longer have to present a customs form unless you have gone over your limit, the mobile passport app isn’t really that useful at the port anymore.

Oops, yeah, what Vickie said LOL sorry to be redundant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Used it Sunday at Port Everglades. When we got to the customs area I asked someone where to go for Mobile Passport. He opened up his section of the guides (or whatever you call them) and let us in. He told us to go to a counter for which we were the only people. We bypassed the rest of the line and were out of customs in seconds. We also used it once coming into JFK. Again we bypassed the line and went through customs very quickly. I love Mobile Passport.