Likely Promo

jtdlmc

Does Princess have a specific promo that is offered quite often like Many of the other lines now seem to have? Do they ever offer free beverage packages?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Promos are almost running, but not all voyages have promos. Check your cruise on the Princess web site to see the current promo if any. The Premier Beverage Package promo which includes most alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, has been offered the last two summers for future cruises.

Thanks! I'm looking at Alaska 2019 and it will be a balcony. Trying to decide between Princess and Hal as both have the itinerary I am looking for and both are close in price. Just trying to find something to sway me one way or the other :confused:

The Premier Beverage Package promo which includes most alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, has been offered the last two summers for future cruises.

Just a minor clarification. The Premier Beverage Package (formerly the all Inclusive Beverage Package) has been offered during the last 3 summers at least. I know because we reserved a 31 day 2016 South America cruise in the summer of 2015; a 25 day 2017 Med and TA cruise in the summer of 2016 and an a 2018 7 day Alaska cruise in the summer of 2016. Of course none of that is a guarantee of a similar promo in the summer of 2018 but I hope so.

Princess usually runs a Sip and Sail promo in the summer (for the following summer) which is the beverage package, and usually does the Three for Free promo in the fall (also for the following summer) which is free gratuities and onboard credit. Of course who knows if it will be the same next year, but that is how it's been for the past few years. You will need to just keep checking your cruise periodically for new promo's.

I had the Sip and Sail from 2016 for my recent 28 day on Emerald. I have it from the same S&S for my upcoming 14 day Circle Caribbean on Caribbean Princess. I have it for my "booked but likely not sailing" 19 day and 30 day FLL around the Horn to LA (they gave it to me as two segments but wouldn't do it as a single 49 day sailing???) and am "hoping" it will come up this summer so I can transfer the 2 cruises we booked to replace the ones we are likely cancelling. (Did that make sense?)

We have booked a 12 day In Search of the Northern Lights and a 14 day TA from Barcelona to FLL. The first ends October 31 and the second starts November 4. We'll take the high-speed train from Southampton to Barcelona via Paris between cruises. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! That is why we are not doing the FLL to LA around the Horn. Yes, we would looooooooooove to do that one but this is half the cost and..... NORTHERN LIGHTS!!!!!!! Gotta do it. Period.

Hoping to move the 2 new cruises to a Sip and Sail if (big IF) it comes around again. I really loved it on the recent 28 day. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay too cheap to pay for it but, as a perk, I love it!

There are constant promos (I don't think there is ever period when they are not running one), but when the beverage package is offered, it has (so far as I know) only been for balcony rooms and above.

Never offered in Australia in my experience. Our current "three for free" promotion is $100 OBC, one restaurant dining experience, and a cabin upgrade within the same category, which is often not really an upgrade. Big deal and thanks for nothing Princess. It is really getting under my nails when it comes to the lousy "promotions" we get here. I really want to keep cruising with them as we are not far from Platinum now but they are making it hard to stay loyal.

I had the Sip and Sail from 2016 for my recent 28 day on Emerald. I have it from the same S&S for my upcoming 14 day Circle Caribbean on Caribbean Princess. I have it for my "booked but likely not sailing" 19 day and 30 day FLL around the Horn to LA (they gave it to me as two segments but wouldn't do it as a single 49 day sailing???) and am "hoping" it will come up this summer so I can transfer the 2 cruises we booked to replace the ones we are likely cancelling. (Did that make sense?)

We have booked a 12 day In Search of the Northern Lights and a 14 day TA from Barcelona to FLL. The first ends October 31 and the second starts November 4. We'll take the high-speed train from Southampton to Barcelona via Paris between cruises. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! That is why we are not doing the FLL to LA around the Horn. Yes, we would looooooooooove to do that one but this is half the cost and..... NORTHERN LIGHTS!!!!!!! Gotta do it. Period.

Hoping to move the 2 new cruises to a Sip and Sail if (big IF) it comes around again. I really loved it on the recent 28 day. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay too cheap to pay for it but, as a perk, I love it!

Sounds like a great trip, but sorry to read you are missing South America. Somehow, I expect you will find a way to book it in a future season.

Thanks! I'm looking at Alaska 2019 and it will be a balcony. Trying to decide between Princess and Hal as both have the itinerary I am looking for and both are close in price. Just trying to find something to sway me one way or the other :confused:

Funny I am also considering Alaska summer of 2019 Princess vs HAL. Pretty set on princess at this point and was going to book now and can always cancel/switch if any promos pop up. Also i know often promos are for new bookings only and the new booking price increase between now and when the promo shows up can be more than the promo savings.

Also i know often promos are for new bookings only and the new booking price increase between now and when the promo shows up can be more than the promo savings.

Despite their very liberal use of the word "free" in promos, nothing is really 'free' - you're always paying... and have to do the math to figure out how much.

For several years 3 for Free has been offered in early September. For the most recent 2 years that included tips, OBC & category upgrade. This offer is for all types of cabins unlike S+S which is only available with balcony & above cabins.

Last September we added 3 for Free on cruises in June 2018 and April & May 2019. We’re booked in November 2019 but no promotions yet. If S+S is available first, we’ll add that promotion (either drink package or OBC) & hope for 3 for Free which has been our best option. :)

Despite their very liberal use of the word "free" in promos, nothing is really 'free' - you're always paying... and have to do the math to figure out how much.

Well... I just made final payment on our 14 day Circle Caribbean for March 18, 2018. I booked under the Sip and Sail last year. We have "free" drinks and my final payment was $1,100 per person less than the cruise was selling for under the recent "sale". I think that worked out pretty well. I'm sure I must have "paid" for the promo somehow but I'll take the drinks and the saving on price and not let what I "paid for it" worry me. :D

JUSt got an upscale offer for Feb 25 cruise on the Regal, funny we still have not been given a cabin yet but they want to up sell to a suite for additional $899,00 ea.

Since the 14 day sailing on that date shows suites as "sold out" I'm guessing this is for the 7 day. $1,800 more for 7 days... I could do a lot with that cash rather than taking the upsell.

Funny I am also considering Alaska summer of 2019 Princess vs HAL. Pretty set on princess at this point and was going to book now and can always cancel/switch if any promos pop up. Also i know often promos are for new bookings only and the new booking price increase between now and when the promo shows up can be more than the promo savings.

One difference between Princess and HAL is that Princess usually stops in Skagway, and HAL usually goes to Sitka. I have had a great time in both, and with both lines, however it was really nice being the only ship in port when we went to Sitka. Skagway usually has 3 or 4 ships per day, so consider what you might like to do in port.

I do hope you see the Northern Lights. Living in Alaska, we do get to see them periodically. But of course, forecasting them is difficult (but still somewhat possible) and entirely dependent upon having clear skies, which is never a guarantee in Alaska. My mom came to visit a few years ago, and one day announced, "ok, take me to see the Northern Lights!" :rolleyes: Yeah, doesn't work like that.