Passengers killed in bus accident

Jdfireman

SamFritz,

My heart goes out to you and your family...words cannot express our sorrow in your loss and the other families affected by this tragedy.

Having done both private and ship sponsored tours we rarely consider the possibilities and this is the worst case imaginable.

I was reading an article on one of the news sites and the way it was written insinuated that this was NOT a ship sponsored tour but knowing it was and that private tours, especially in that region, are rarely in the big buses. Sounds like there were quite a few buses doing this tour reading the comments by those who were driving by on the way to/from the ruins.

Mind numbingly sad....

When I first heard about this, I thought there must've been a huge cliff that the bus went down for so many people to die at once. Turns out the terrain was nice and flat with vegetation on both sides. I cannot even imagine how hard the bus would've had to hit on it's side for people to die like that. It's just crazy!

I feel so badly for those that have survived because this is one memory that will be very, very hard to get out of their minds for a very long time. Just imagine being on a tour like this with your loved one and having them die in front of you. Poor people! <|3

Just found out 5 minutes ago by reading this post.

This is heartbreaking news and our sincerest​ condolences go to the families of the people who have died.

Obviously not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity handled their passengers' contacts, and Royal Carib handled theirs. A Royal Carib ship would not have access to Celebrity passengers' info. When someone posted that all Royal Carib people had been contacted, it was probably true. SamFritz' brother and wife were on Celebrity. As he said, Celebrity gave him the sad news.

Just came to the boards, decided to check Royal and found this. SamFritz, just must say you are in my and many's prayers and you did nothing wrong to wish a wonderful time you had for them. This is just one of those unimaginable accidents. So many prayers and much love to you and yours...so glad you came here for support/info. I am so very sorry. Sarah

Sam, I truly hope that you do not blame yourself. It was a senseless accident! Praying for you.

So very sad for Sam and his family..and the others that were lost or injured. So very heart wrenching indeed.

We were just at Costa Maya a few days ago. It is such a tiny place, and very unusual to have something like this happen....but can happen anywhere. Just such a shame when it does, and brings tears to my eyes.

Heart goes out to them all.

Royal is working diligently to arrange for my wife and I to bring my brother and his wife’s remains home. They have been very sympathetic and accessible.

Thank you all for your kind words of comfort and prayers of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. Unfortunately I know what you are going thru, as I lost my husband and son in a car accident 15 years ago and it is indeed devastating when something like this happens so unexpectedly. May God comfort you and your family in the coming days. I am just so very sorry.

Royal is working diligently to arrange for my wife and I to bring my brother and his wife’s remains home. They have been very sympathetic and accessible.

Thank you all for your kind words of comfort and prayers of support.

Good to hear Royal is doing all they can, I expect nothing but the best from them in this time of need. So sorry to hear you have to go thru this. Hoping Royal will make it as easy as possible for you and your family.

God Speed to you all.