Fort Lauderdale Hotel

AnneS

I'm booking a cruise that begins on a Sunday in mid-January, and need a hotel near the Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port, for just one night. The advertised rates are extremely high (about $300) at the "brand name" hotels. Can anyone recommend a decent, clean hotel that would charge one person less than $200 in the high season? Preferably around $150.

I just looked at Trip Advisor.

You are not going to find a hotel that is clean and is at the price point you want.

Try one of those sites that offers deals and see if you can find something.

This is peak season and as CruiserBruce noted it is the weekend.

I used checkin January 13 and checkout January 14.

Keith

You are a bit late in the game for this coming January, and Sundays will be busy. I wish you luck.

January is peak season - you are not the only one who wants to escape to sunny & warm FLA. Book something ASAP and then keep shopping.

OP - if mid-January is the weekend of the 13th and 14th, that is a 3 day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is Monday, January 15) and prices will definitely be high. Do as John advises and book something ASAP.

Find a hotel with a price you can live with, with the realization that it’s peak season and you are kind of late in booking. Make sure it’s cancelable in case you find something else. Then keep looking and hoping. Did you look at the Cambria? Also, try valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place . We got that hotel for 219.00 per night on February. Good luck!

I’m seeing the Courtyard in Plantation for 163.00 plus tax (cheaper if you are a rewards member) . This hotel is really good for one night prior to cruise for value. It does have a shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the port. Be sure to call the hotel in advance to get on the shuttle to the port.

There is a mall within walking distance and plenty of restaurants to eat at. Safe location right beside a FBI depot.

Correction, I just re-read your post I thought you needed the room for Sunday night but see you need it for Saturday. It is 239.00 for Saturday.

Highly recommend.

As most of us have said it will be very challenging to find a hotel that meets your criteria.

Either you have to be willing to spend more or to stay further from the port but that will be offset with higher transportation costs.

Good luck with this.

A couple of us have provided web sites to use for your search.

Keith

I am not sure if we are allowed to drop site names on here, but if you are the gambling sort you can do what I did for both our son's upcoming cruise in Feb at very peak time and ourselves in (almost) mid March. I logged into a site that rhymes with "NotFire" Go to their hot rates site, figure your filters out and take that gamble. For our son & fiance we felt they would want Hollywood area or Airport South (Dania) which hopefully would further help their thrifty travel with free airport shuttle as well as complementary breakfast. Often times the hotel the site claims was the past "choice" is the one you too will get. I took the gamble for 2 1/2 star. shuttle, free breakfast & in Dania. Sure enough they scored Sleep Inn & Suites for $145 plus taxes. I also found a $15 off coupon.So they should be happy with all my research...

For my husband & I, I went with the downtown area in March hoping for access to the water taxis, and again had great luck with The River Side Hotel for $150 plus taxes. Keep in mind we too are in height of the season, although not as badly as our son. For me to secure for him our hotel (A month earlier) it would be $200 plus taxes.

Once you put in your credit card and press "send" you are locked in without the option to cancel with reimbursement. Good luck!

Find a hotel with a price you can live with, with the realization that it’s peak season and you are kind of late in booking. Make sure it’s cancelable in case you find something else. Then keep looking and hoping. Did you look at the Cambria? Also, try valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place . We got that hotel for 219.00 per night on February. Good luck!

I booked the Hyatt Place through valuetrips.com, but it's been a few days now, and I've received no confirmation from valuetrips. I called the hotel yesterday, and they have no record of the reservation. The hotel's sales director says this has happened before with valuetrips. Did you have this kind of delay in receiving your confirmation? No one at valuetrips picks up the phone.

I booked the Hyatt Place through valuetrips.com, but it's been a few days now, and I've received no confirmation from valuetrips. I called the hotel yesterday, and they have no record of the reservation. The hotel's sales director says this has happened before with valuetrips. Did you have this kind of delay in receiving your confirmation? No one at valuetrips picks up the phone.

I booked Hyatt Place through value trips in August and didn’t receive a confirmation from them. I was able to check the hotels website for my reservation and it was there so I didn’t worry. Also I did email value trips when I didn’t hear back from them after about two weeks and they finally sent me a confirmation. I would give it a couple more days with the holiday and all. Send value trips an email, they will eventually respond.

Sent from my iPad using Forums