Sailing Chartered- How Long until they contact you?

kruzerci

We booked our first ever B2B on Navigator for next December. Less than a week after booking (as of Tuesday) the first sailing (12/2/18) has been removed from the website and is showing sold out or N/A on all the booking websites.

I'm assuming this means the leg of the sailing has been chartered. What is the usual time frame for them to contact us and do they offer anything or price protect for another ship?

I can describe what happened to my Navigator B2B which was originally Nov 24, 2017 and Dec 3, 2017. The Dec 3rd sailing that I had booked in May 2016 was still open for booking earlier in the day on Feb 1, 2017, but later that same day, it became closed/sold out on the web site.

I already had an idea of the charter (but thought it might only have been a partial, not a full charter) because somebody posted in the roll call in Jan 2017 about getting the cruise for free as part of a promotion for buying a new car from a family of dealerships. Later, I found that dealer's promotion web site describing the cruise but there was a discrepancy in the itinerary, which confused me and fuelled suspicions about a full charter.

As late as Mar 17, 2017, RCI told me over the phone that the Dec 3, 2017 sailing was not cancelled or chartered, and my booking was still active -- it was simply a "sold out" sailing. I finally received the dreaded "charter" notification by email on Mar 24, 2017. I was offered $200 OBC (non-suite room) to book another sailing. I was also offered a $200pp change fee for domestic flights and $300pp for international flights -- which I didn't need as I planned to drive. There were 4 alternate sailings (two Independence, two Navigator) for which I was offered price protection.

I requested to maintain the B2B by switching to the Nov 19 cruise which was not one of the original price-protected cruises, but was actually cheaper than the four they offered, so the RCI finance team approved it. I got to keep the B2B, same stateroom as Nov 24th, and it was the best cruise I've had to date.

In short though, at least some people at RCI knew about the charter for at least 2 months before they publicly acknowledged it and started contacting guests. Wait for them to be in touch so you can see what they're offering.

We booked our first ever B2B on Navigator for next December. Less than a week after booking (as of Tuesday) the first sailing (12/2/18) has been removed from the website and is showing sold out or N/A on all the booking websites.

I'm assuming this means the leg of the sailing has been chartered. What is the usual time frame for them to contact us and do they offer anything or price protect for another ship?

Yes, be patient and wait. I think it took 3 to 4 weeks before they contacted us, but it all worked out in the end. This was last April and also our first B2B :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I was monitoring my Jewel cruise (March 19, 2017) several times a day, "hunting" for a hump cabin. Plenty of cabins were available in all categories.

Suddenly, the cruise showed "sold out".

Contacted my TA, who "smelled a rat", and immediately booked me in the following week cruise. Fortunately, I had the funds to put deposit for both cruises....

I asked in this board what shall we do meantime, and got good advice from "Host Clarea" (Bob) to WAIT for RC to contact us, and not cancel the cruise before that.

It took RC between 5 to 6 weeks to acknowledge the charter, and offering only 2 alternative cruises (it was "end of season" for Jewel before traveling to Europe), both of them falling on either Passover or Easter. Through our son, we get airline employees tickets, but cannot take advantage of them during the holidays period.

We only took the 200$ OBC offered for our inconvenience.

It usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks for them to notify you.

That said our 1/21/19 BR cruise has been "sold out" since June and we still have not been contacted. I have been told it was chartered and then told it's closed for inventory maintenance (which usually means that it's chartered). Still waiting to hear as the others have said you will be offered OBC and usually a few alternate dates price protected.

It usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks for them to notify you.

That said our 1/21/19 BR cruise has been "sold out" since June and we still have not been contacted. I have been told it was chartered and then told it's closed for inventory maintenance (which usually means that it's chartered). Still waiting to hear as the others have said you will be offered OBC and usually a few alternate dates price protected.

They've noticed how many chartered sailings you've been on and they are now just messing with you.:eek::halo:

That is insane! Hoping it will be in the next couple months that we are notified :(.