Noise with connecting cabins?

JudithLynne

Unless you are looking at Reflection, the other S class ships do not have the connecting door in the cabin. The doors to both cabins open into the hall and are set back from the hall in an alcove. There is a 3 door that closes right at the hall that creates the connecting cabin when both alcove doors are left open. There should not be any issues with noise.

We have had cabins with connecting doors inside the cabin on several different cruises and have never encountered a noise problem. Pre cruise I was concerned about the possibility, but found that the cabins were as quiet as those without the door and would not hesitate to re-book any of them. We've had some noise issues in veranda cabins without connecting doors when our neighbors were noisy on their balconies. (One played their guitars and sang outside on their balcony until 4 AM, at which time we finally called security!)

We are interested in booking a cabin (1130) on one of the S class ships. It has a connecting cabin. Should we avoid a connector because of possible noise problems? This cabin has excellent reviews, no negatives, Thanks for any advice......

Judith

Yes you will hear more noise.

We are interested in booking a cabin (1130) on one of the S class ships. It has a connecting cabin. Should we avoid a connector because of possible noise problems? This cabin has excellent reviews, no negatives, Thanks for any advice......

Judith

There is no difference between a connecting cabin and a non-connecting one. We've had both on Solstice.

If you have noisy neighbours, you'll hear them regardless but you won't hear any extra noise just because the cabin is a connecting one.

The only time I've ever heard people next door it was from a NON-connecting room. They must have gotten some weird satisfaction from slamming drawers late at night. I have to admit... I got some, too. About 4AM on the last morning.

As for connecting doors inside a cabin... the door handle makes a handy place to hang your clothes as you're dressing. Or your beach tote. :)

It is more of an issue with noisy neighbors than simply connecting cabins. We've had both types of staterooms and the noisiest neighbors we ever had was in a non-connecting stateroom. On one cruise where the heads of the beds were on opposite sides of the bulkhead, I learned more about our neighbor's 'amorous affections' at 11pm on three straight nights than I ever wanted to know! :eek: The sign on their door said it all, :Honeymoon Cruise." I saw them enter their stateroom once and they were in their 60's................and none the worse for wear!