Poll: Anytime Dining

winddawn

How do you feel about Carnival possibly doing away with Your Time Dining?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Carnival possibly doing away with Your Time Dining?

• I love Carnival's Your Time Dining. Please keep it!
    • I don't care for Carnival's Your Time Dining and prefer set Early Dining.
    • I don't care for Carnival's Your Time Dining and prefer set Late Dining.
    • I don't care because I only eat supper at the Lido Buffet or at a paid venue.

Carnival's Brand Ambassador recently asked whether passengers like Your Time Dining or could live without it, sparking interest in whether Carnival is considering doing away with Your Time Dining. What is your opinion about that?

I don't think it is going to happen, but if one way were to go away, my guess would be just the opposite.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I personally prefer early assigned dining, however I think it would be a huge mistake to do away with Your Time Dining.

The poll questions are skewed and don't really offer the choice to leave it alone by continuing to offer Early, Late, and Your Time.

I agree with you that the question is skewed and that they should have both available ... YTD for those that desire it ..... and fixed for folks like us where it would be a deal breaker if there's no fixed seating available.

I actually think that ATD became popular because the hours of fix dinning were never correct. They were to early or to late in my opinion.

I always wondered if they apply this if it would work ? Early would be 06:00 and 06:30 and late would be 07:00 and 07:30 then I would put you can show for anytime from 08:30.

What do you think of this ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

Way too early. 0700 I'm just eating breakfast! :D

I'm really scratching my head about why personal FLEXIBILITY could be such a question or a problem for any cruiser?? If one likes a set dining time but someone else likes (LOVES) to not be tied to a rigid schedule for when to have dinner on a cruise ship....

One of my/our biggest peeves about set dining schedules is that the early dining time is too early and late dining is too late. That is about 95% of the reason why we love your time dining, because neither one of us likes either of the set dining times.

But once again I would really hope that CCL or any cruise line would never do away with ytd because anyone who never uses/doesn't like ytd would vote to do away with it. To me it seems that ytd is VERY popular with a lot of cruisers and so it would be crazy for any cruise line to eliminate that choice. And we have never had to wait for more than 10-20 mins to be seated which I believe is no longer than a lot of people have to stand in line during the early or late dining rush. I may be wrong but even so when I'm cruising I personally LOVE having the flexible choice of when I want to go to dinner every evening that I'm on a cruise ship and would absolutely hate losing that personal choice.

At home some days we eat dinner at 5pm, other days we eat dinner at 8:30pm, it all depends on our moods. I don't want to have to stop doing something just to go to dinner. We eat when we get hungry. Not to mention if you're in port, you'd have to rush back to get ready for dinner if it were at a set time.

You do realize you can eat by yourselves in regular dining.....

I do but tough to get a table for two unless I email the ship and beg or visit the MDR on the day we board and request it. Plus, we all have schedules in "real" life. We don't want one when we're on vacation.

Carnival's Brand Ambassador recently asked whether passengers like Your Time Dining or could live without it, sparking interest in whether Carnival is considering doing away with Your Time Dining. What is your opinion about that?

So glad to see I'm not the only one who gets the impression when John starts posting questions on certain subjects, they could soon become part of Carnival's past! :')

I've also seen John's recent questions about dining times, but I was getting the impression that Carnival was considering having anytime dining only and eliminating fixed (early/late) seating since it seemed the majority preferred anytime dining. But by having only Anytime Dining, I'm afraid that would create a new problem...many passengers (not all, but many) would probably be going to eat at a similar time, probably between 6 and 7PM. I just hope Carnival keeps it as is with the three options (early, late, and anytime). We shall see.

We quit sailing NCL when they did away with set dining times. If Carnival does away with late dining then it will be Adios Carnival!

We, too, did one last cruise on NCL after they did it, and it was awful. Maybe they've worked the kinks out by now, but it seemed to us the dining room staff just didn't care if you were happy or not.

Now, to address the "never the right time" complaint about early/late dining, I would make one dining room the early dining room and set it at 6 p.m., and make another dining room the "late dining room" and set it at 7:30. That way they wouldn't have to clear out the early diners to get the late diners in, and they wouldn't have to keep out the late diners until the early diners finished.

So glad to see I'm not the only one who gets the impression when John starts posting questions on certain subjects, they could soon become part of Carnival's past! :')

I've also seen John's recent questions about dining times, but I was getting the impression that Carnival was considering having anytime dining only and eliminating fixed (early/late) seating since it seemed the majority preferred anytime dining. But by having only Anytime Dining, I'm afraid that would create a new problem...many passengers (not all, but many) would probably be going to eat at a similar time, probably between 6 and 7PM. I just hope Carnival keeps it as is with the three options (early, late, and anytime). We shall see.

I believe that many more people request ATD than early or late. I had a conversation with Carnival’s senior maitred Ken Byrnes and his concern was just the opposite of yours.

John throw lots of stuff out there, if everything happened that he posted on fb or his site then we would in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I personally prefer early assigned dining, however I think it would be a huge mistake to do away with Your Time Dining.

The poll questions are skewed and don't really offer the choice to leave it alone by continuing to offer Early, Late, and Your Time.

I'd appreciate reading your interpretation of why Carnival's Brand Ambassador is asking this question on social media.

We like ATD. We prefer the company of family and friends over strangers. We also like to eat on our schedule. Not sure if we would quit sailing on Carnival if ATD was cut but it would make us take a harder look at other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We would be very sad if they stopped YTD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

I strongly agree. Early and late diners are happy, your time diners are happy, and people who choose to eat outside the MDR have several options, from included-in-fare venues, to more up-scale for-fee venues. Something for everyone.

Happy sailing.

I'd appreciate reading your interpretation of why Carnival's Brand Ambassador is asking this question on social media.

I believe he throws stuff out there that's bound to strike a nerve one way or the other with readers .... thus keeps 'em coming back to read the responses. It keeps Carnival in their minds and it remains the first line they go to when searching for their next cruise.;)

I will throw in my 2 cents. He does it for several reasons. The most obvious is this discussion. His job is to represent Carnival and keep people engaged in discussion. Add to that is gathering input into the likes and dislikes cruisers have and his forum is a perfect vehicle to do just that as well as to present a little humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe he throws stuff out there that's bound to strike a nerve one way or the other with readers .... thus keeps 'em coming back to read the responses. It keeps Carnival in their minds and it remains the first line they go to when searching for their next cruise.;)

Correct and I say this with no malice, he's a soft WUM who enjoys toying with his fan base and yes he does bring repeat business to Carnival.

I would make a very large bet that YTD will not go away. If anything it will continue to expand. It is the most demanded of all seatings. It's just a ploy to get people talking and see the response.

I never want to go back to fixed seating.

Take care,

Mike

And we have never had to wait for more than 10-20 mins to be seated which I believe is no longer than a lot of people have to stand in line during the early or late dining rush.

There is no standing in line for the set times. You just go right to your table at your assigned time. It's for that reason that we choose the set times and don't choose ATD.

That being said, I hope Carnival sticks with all 3 of their MDR dining options.