Children eating off adult menu

bama_girl1

We sailed last year on Oasis and are planning another trip this summer. My 9 year old ordered off the kids menu each night. I am curious if it is allowed for them to order off of the adult menu on occasion. I didn't think about it at the time, but it would be nice for him to have more options than before.

Thanks!

We sailed last year on Oasis and are planning another trip this summer. My 9 year old ordered off the kids menu each night. I am curious if it is allowed for them to order off of the adult menu on occasion. I didn't think about it at the time, but it would be nice for him to have more options than before.

Thanks!

They can have anything they want. So can you. People say that the brownie sundae on the children's menu is marvelous. :)

I assume that we are talking about the MDR.

Thank you! That is great news and opens many more doors for food choices! I would prefer he not live on the standard burger and fries for 7 days :'). I wish I would have asked while we were on the ship last year!

Mine weren't as young as yours when we started cruising, but it was on a cruise that they learned to love escargots. :)

They can have anything they want. So can you. People say that the brownie sundae on the children's menu is marvelous. :)

I can vouch for both statements, esp the brownie , my grandson had one every night. 12 night straight

People say that the brownie sundae on the children's menu is marvelous. :)

People? ;););)

I haven’t ordered that, but I’ve gotten the linguini with marinara from kids menu when the adult vegetarian options have made me want to cry...

My family laughed when I first ordered the mini brownie madness...and then they saw it! Now, when nothing on the menu for dessert grabs us...that’s what we order! A waiter in October said, “That’s for kids.” I asked if I could have it anyway, and he brought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My kids almost always ate from both menus. I also started a little game with them from age 5 onward to try something new every day. They didn't have to finish it, but very often they were pleasantly surprised and found a new dish they liked. My middle DD was especially picky...still is at 20 actually lol, but she liked some things that surprised us, and she's always looking for something different when we cruise. And if she didn't like it, the rest of the family would usually take a bite or two so it wasn't wasted food, and it didn't add to the bill like it would in a land based place.

Kids and adults can eat from either menu. The exception is the specialty restaurants. Some have a kids menu and if the kids eat from this it is cheaper. If they eat from the regular menu it is full adult price.

Kids and adults can eat from either menu. The exception is the specialty restaurants. Some have a kids menu and if the kids eat from this it is cheaper. If they eat from the regular menu it is full adult price.

The kids menu at the specialty restaurants are the same as in the free restaurants, so it is free to order off of them.

Thanks!

My kids have never had food from a childrens menu since they were like two.

"I don't know what that is so I'll have that"

I would have been sorely offended if that was not permitted. Make it half the amount if you want, but don't force my kid to eat mush and become picky.

ETA: I have no experience with kids on cruises - I just needed to vent :-)

Couple of years ago when our grand-daughter was about 11 or 12 on a family cruise, DH and I had dinner with just her in the MDR. I asked if she would like to see the children's menu, and she didn't even know such a thing existed. She had always eaten from the regular adult menu. That night she had mac and cheese and chicken fingers for dinner! Oh, and the brownie sundae for dessert. DH and I had the sundae as well and Merion Mom is right ...it is delicious. :D

I'll say that your assumption on that brownie sundae is 100% accurate. Ahhh-mazing.

The kids menu at the specialty restaurants are the same as in the free restaurants, so it is free to order off of them.

Not true. Very small children can do this - I think up to age 5 - but for older children up to age 12, there is an abbreviated version of the adult menu for $10.