Some of you have interesting cruiser names

haladdict

Pretty boring compared to some on here, but mine is the first 3 letters of my first name and I married the love of my life in 1977. <3 I sign off with 3 smiley faces for my family - DH, DS and me.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Love this thread. I always think this should be a part of every Meet & Mingle.

I signed up on CC while I was still working. Since I had a login name at work, I just used that one. But when my wife and I retired, I opted to change my CC name. While on a long road trip, I was trying to come up with something catchy related to cruising. So many of you have such great names! Anyway, my thoughts began to come together about the "sea" and "writing" when I realized that the word "Retirees" spelled backwords is seeriteR.

There is a CC thread on changing your login name. You need to submit 3 or 4 choices in case the one you want is already taken. However, you can pre-check your new name by doing a member search. Good luck!

Jim

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

Signed up for cruise critic while living in Australia in 2005, just before we took a 16-day segment on the QE2's world cruise. Moved back to Canada soon after and did not cruise again until 2012. We did become citizens of Australia though so the name still fits.

UM, if you think VERY carefully, you might be able to figure out what kind of car I have.

BTW, my car tag reads 'GR8 TOY'.

You should be able to figure that one out as it accurately describes what the car is.

In U.S. Navy lingo, a Mustang is someone who spent at least four years as an enlisted person, and then became an officer. After 13 years as an enlisted U.S. Navy Sailor, I received an officer's commission, and so became a Mustang. Many years later, I retired from active service, and at that time, I became a Retired Mustang.

Dave

In U.S. Navy lingo, a Mustang is someone who spent at least four years as an enlisted person, and then became an officer. After 13 years as an enlisted U.S. Navy Sailor, I received an officer's commission, and so became a Mustang. Many years later, I retired from active service, and at that time, I became a Retired Mustang.

Dave

Retired Navy Supply Officer here...:)

I’ve been known as Gut most of my life.

First little Gut (some knew my brother as Gut, but never sure why, he’s a little bloke).

Then when I started high school a chap whose sister had dated my brother said “Hey are you Gut’s brother” so for a while it was Gut’s Brother.

Then off to University, and playing a Rugby League, some said “He’ll he plays with a lot of guts” (courage) another guy said “He was always known as Gut in school” it just follows me.

When I joined CC it wouldn’t accept just GUT so I added a date that has relevance to me.

If you see GUT on just about any online forum 10 to 1 it’s me.

20 years after a High School there was a reunion on.

They hadn’t been able to find one guy (I hadn’t seen him for about 18 years) I knew where his mum was. Rang her and got his number, when I rang his wife answered.

Me : Hi it’s ..... here can I talk yo Ed

Her: Ed it’s ....... on the phone for you

Ed (in background) I don’t know a ....... holy $#€? It’s Gut.

A few years ago we were booked on a 49 day cruise around South America on Carnival. I found CC and really wanted to ask a question on the Roll Call. I needed to come up with a clever screen name that said something about me before I could participate. As I am a retired Navy person, I tried a few like "old sailor", "exNavy", etc and they were not available. So I inputted the years I was in the Navy and it worked.

I once saw an assortment of quips about actuaries. One of the entries was "He expects people to be dead on time",Roy

Now, that's a funny quip. But I'd always heard that a major in actuarial science was for those who found accounting too exciting :D:D.