Review of Anthem new year cruise

We disembarked just before you got on. Luckily we had decent weather in CocoCay and Nassau. The trip back had much cooler weather, with the outside decks being closed on Thursday afternoon and the flowrider closed from that point through the remainder of the trip. That's when I noticed all the people on the ship. When outside areas are open, they disburse. Otherwise, everyone is inside.

Great review. Sorry you've had such awful weather. Guess for bad weather you are at least on the ship for it.

The Wonderland food looks interesting. Can I ask what they are?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

b137f0239086b6121fe01d169690c7b5.jpg

View of the ship in Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonderful picture.

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Much respect for your positive attitude! I will be on in a couple of weeks, mentally preparing for similar type weather. Even if we can't have beach weather, I know it will be better than this current bitter cold we are having.

Even in late September I thought the solarium pool was a little chilly. Hot tubs were fine.

Thank you so much for your detailed and enjoyable post! We're sailing on the Anthem in February and this came in handy, especially the Disney information. Any tips on doing Disney in that amount of time? Did you purchase tickets ahead of time? We're doing Magic Kingdom and it closes early anyways that day, so it helps ease the pain somewhat (price of tickets for 5 and leaving early).

Also, did you find the drink package worth it? I also love SB Frapps and lattes ;)

Any pics of the dining room menues? No worries if not. Just curious and slightly addicted to anything pertaining to my upcoming cruise lol. Ok, addicted to anything cruises.

2pm was muster drill. Our station was the Schooner Bar so we just made ourselves comfortable. Drill a bit of a waste of time IMO. Place crowded and I couldn’t even see one of the monitor screens we were all told to watch! Still don’t know in an emergency where my lifeboat or life belt is!!

Don't worry - you didn't miss that information - it's not given. The only thing you need to know is that in event of an emergency, report to the Schooner Bar. You will be directed from there.

:)

Enjoying your review so far. Sorry you had such cold weather.

We had the same experience in the Anthem dining rooms. The tables for two that we were seated at were on top of the next table! It was not like this when we sailed on NCL's Breakaway a few months ago. Most of the time we were seated at a table for four and even when we were seated at a table for two, the tables were nicely spaced for the most part. It's one thing I hated about our cruise on the Anthem. We are cruising on Anthem again later in the year and I will be requesting a more private table if possible, when we check in for My Time Dining each night.

It's not an "Anthem thing". All of the ships have this kind of veryveryveryverycloseseating for the two-tops in MTD.

:)

Are the tables close together for the early dinning too?

Yep

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They don't move the tables around from first seating to second. (except for occasionally pushing two tables together for a foursome)

Is the ship experiencing any problems sailing back to New Jersey? I imagine Seas are rough!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bit rough. This ship rocks and rolls more than any other ship I’ve been in! Including travelling through bay of biscay in rough seas! Not sure why?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums