What is the appeal of booking a Jr Suite

yuvraj

What I noticed is in comparison...though I would actually have to do a head count to be sure....but it seems on a percentage basis that there are fewer JS cabins on Oasis class than other older ships. They seem to sell out first over all other cats.

Could be supply and demand?

Hi Pat,

The percentage you referred to is probably correct.

Our former TA gave us an Agents Guide Book a few years ago. At that time it stated there were 85 Junior Suites on the Freedom of the Seas. Total Junior Suites on the Oasis were 86. Do not have the current total breakdown of the Oasis J3 and J4 Junior Suites.

Does Bucky receive a fee for wheelchair duty?

Enjoy your cruise.

There aren't any balcony rooms on Majesty so I had to book a jr suite to get one. This will be my first jr suite but I'm not expecting it to be much different from a regular balcony room.

You will get the bathtub in the JS on Majesty, but no walk-in closet. Better than Empress where you don't even get the bathtub.

There aren't any balcony rooms on Majesty so I had to book a jr suite to get one. This will be my first jr suite but I'm not expecting it to be much different from a regular balcony room.

Yup, I booked too late to get a balcony cabin (JS) for MJ...which will feel strange not having a balcony. :o At least I have a porthole for natural light and "pretend". ;)

Hi Pat,

The percentage you referred to is probably correct.

Our former TA gave us an Agents Guide Book a few years ago. At that time it stated there were 85 Junior Suites on the Freedom of the Seas. Total Junior Suites on the Oasis were 86. Do not have the current total breakdown of the Oasis J3 and J4 Junior Suites.

Does Bucky receive a fee for wheelchair duty?

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks! Just finished packing and bags are now out to the little Ford for our early flight.

Indeed when you look at how many total cabins are on Oasis class...the number of JS cabins, as a whole percentage wise, seem limited.

Yeah, Bucky gets a fee. A big smile and thank you from his adoring wife. Awwww.....:* And then I crack the whip if he is not compliant. ;p:')

Coastal Kitchen Access was not allowed on our Dec 17th sailing on Allure. We were told this perk has now been moved.

Still on the website. Perhaps because of the high demand with full suites and Pinnacles with your cruise being during the holiday?

Junior Balcony Suite

These suites offer a comfortable bedroom, small sitting area and a private balcony.

Sea Class Exclusives*

• Dinner at Coastal Kitchen
  • Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L'Occitane®

Beds

• Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
  • One double sofa bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests
  • One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests

OccupancyUp to 5 guest

I see a lot of posts on CC regarding booking a Jr suite.

What would encourage you to book a Jr Suite? Double points, larger room or the restricted access to CK. For me none of these would warrant paying a premium over a balcony.

So I am genuinely curious. What would persuade you to pay a premium for a Jr suite over a balcony?

If moving up to the next C&A level is important to you, the most efficient way to do it is to book a JS whenever you cruise. JS cruisers get the same 2 points per night as cruisers in GS or better rooms but most of the time a JS costs much less than a GS and the room is only slightly smaller. My wife and I cruise in Junior Suites because we are hoping to make Pinnacle by the end of 2019 and we could not do that any other way. Of course, there is some risk in booking rooms based on C&A perks; we know that Royal is always free to change either those perks or the number of points required to qualify for them.

If moving up to the next C&A level is important to you, the most efficient way to do it is to book a JS whenever you cruise. JS cruisers get the same 2 points per night as cruisers in GS or better rooms but most of the time a JS costs much less than a GS and the room is only slightly smaller. My wife and I cruise in Junior Suites because we are hoping to make Pinnacle by the end of 2019 and we could not do that any other way. Of course, there is some risk in booking rooms based on C&A perks; we know that Royal is always free to change either those perks or the number of points required to qualify for them.
Points are WAY down this list when i'm deciding between a JS and a standard ocean balcony.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

For us, it usually depends on which junior suites are available. Just booked a 12-night Med/Greek Isles cruise on Vision. One of the JS on Deck 8 aft with the lovely wrap-around balconies was open. Only $200 more pp than the standard balcony cabin rate. Didn't even have to think about it. :D

For us, it usually depends on which junior suites are available. Just booked a 12-night Med/Greek Isles cruise on Vision. One of the JS on Deck 8 aft with the lovely wrap-around balconies was open. Only $200 more pp than the standard balcony cabin rate. Didn't even have to think about it. :D

Now THAT is a "sweet" suite deal!! Congrats!! :D:cool:

We like to be comfortable on vacation, and standard cabins are TIGHT! A JS is most like a hotel room, with plenty of floor space, a larger bathroom than a standard cabin and on most ships, a lovely walk-in closet! Because the JS is wider than a standard cabin, so is the balcony. It's just a comfortable way to cruise!

This is exactly why we book a JS over the standard balcony cabin plus the double points. It's not a vacation if we are crammed into a cabin and have a small balcony.

Both of these. We bought up from a balcony to a JS guarantee on our recent Indy cruise when the prices dropped post-hurricanes. Loved, loved, loved the size and the layout of the cabin, closet, balcony. We do spend time in the cabin and on the balcony, and having room to spread out over nine days (technically nights but disembarkation day was really just a few morning hours) was great.

Our favorite thing in the JS is the lounge chairs on the balcony. We take our pillows out there and nap every afternoon. Also the walk in closet is great! Love that bathtub too! So much space in the room. And the double points.......we will be diamond after we cruise in February [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums