Zip Line Charge!

sidari

I guess what I do not understand is, for those who are outside of the penalty, if these "fee based" activities bother you, why not cancel your Seaside booking and go to another cruise line?

I think it´s us who cannot cancel anymore who are upset as most of us booked way back, and didn´t have much info on the ship and all added costs that came with it. The blame is on me I guess. I am a bit dissapointed yes, but that doesn´t make me cancel even if I could. Also, most people book airfare and hotels around the same time, is not as easy as to say, just cancel.

I think it´s us who cannot cancel anymore who are upset as most of us booked way back, and didn´t have much info on the ship and all added costs that came with it. The blame is on me I guess. I am a bit dissapointed yes, but that doesn´t make me cancel even if I could.

I'm not blaming anyone...just trying to understand.

Also, most people book airfare and hotels around the same time, is not as easy as to say, just cancel.

That makes sense. Hotel you can cancel (as long as you purchased refundable. But I understand that flights aren't.

Thanks for clarification. Big difference of $825/person compared to $1,550/adult. What is date of cruise?

Spring break. March 31st.

The last thing that I ever want is for my kids to grow up, but when they do, it will be really nice to price out cruises without being confined to school holiday.

The last thing that I ever want is for my kids to grow up, but when they do, it will be really nice to price out cruises without being confined to school holiday.

I feel the same way! We have been fortunate all these years that our DD school has allowed us to take her out often for off-season trips. But this coming fall she will be heading into 4th grade and I fear our vacations will be dictated by school calendar.

I still think you got a great price for 4 people with the experience and drink package!

FYI - Just did a quote for MSC Seaside

Balcony Aurea

for the cabin April 21,2018:

· DepartingSat, Apr 21, 2018

· VendorMSC Cruises

· Ship NameMSC Seaside

· Rate CodeSECA81H4P

· Rate Code DescriptionWinter Sale

· Cabin TypeBalcony (B3)

· Cabin9033

Cruise Subtotal

$1,507.00

$1,507.00

$3,014.00 USD

Balcony Aurea

· VendorMSC Cruises

· Ship NameMSC Seaside

· Rate CodeSECA81H4P

· Cabin TypeBalcony (B3)

· Cabin9033

Cruise Subtotal

$1,507.00

$1,507.00

$3,014.00USD

Cool, Thats right in line with what we got. The two teens were a 100$ deal each. We totaled out to just over 3200$. The next closest matching package we found for our date/area was the Carnival Glory at 4800$.

Im very happy with what we have. :D

Cool, Thats right in line with what we got. The two teens were a 100$ deal each. We totaled out to just over 3200$. The next closest matching package we found for our date/area was the Carnival Glory at 4800$.

Im very happy with what we have. :D

And I hope you have a great time!

I have never cruised MSC but I have been following Seaside very closely because of the ship design.

I hate how all the new RCL, Princess, and NCL ships are so insulated from the ocean. I was especially upset when the newest Princess ships completely destroyed the traditional promenade on the 4th or 5th floor. Want to see the ocean? I guess you can catch a view from floor 14!

So the design of the Seaside really appealed to me. Bringing us back to the water.

However, since I have never cruised MSC, I decided to wait for reviews. Unfortunately, the way they're handling the entertainment on board is not appealing to me, so I am glad I waited to book.

I hope MSC changes their mind. I'm ok with a premium option or two. But everything?

The price for billiards, IMO, is a gross insult.

I guess what I do not understand is, for those who are outside of the penalty, if these "fee based" activities bother you, why not cancel your Seaside booking and go to another cruise line?

I'm not blaming anyone...just trying to understand.

That makes sense. Hotel you can cancel (as long as you purchased refundable. But I understand that flights aren't.

Also, fyi - in Australia we have non-refundable deposits. For 2 adults this was a combined $700 - or around US$550.

Balcony Aurea for the cabin April 21,2018:

· VendorMSC Cruises

· Ship NameMSC Seaside

· Rate CodeSECA81H4P

· Cabin TypeBalcony (B3)

· Cabin9033

Cruise Subtotal

$1,507.00

$1,507.00

$3,014.00 USD

•  

•  

This quote is high for April 18, 2018. I just did a few quick price checks. Looks like Aurea is going for $1,249 pp (taxes included). $100 obc. If you compete shop I’m very confident you can get that price around$1,150pp (or less). Add in past guest discount and agent locality perks and your looking at about $2,300 all in.

I’ve removed any agency info on these screen shots but you get the idea...

ba78464aa45b63accad316b397a023c7.jpg

35a88bac971a37381d28c1b3b41f234c.jpg

Hope this helps those still shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balcony Aurea

· VendorMSC Cruises

· Ship NameMSC Seaside

· Rate CodeSECA81H4P

· Cabin TypeBalcony (B3)

· Cabin9033

Cruise Subtotal

$1,507.00

$1,507.00

$3,014.00USD

Guess I got a pretty good rate then....B2 Frantastica for $3400 for 14 nights!

Guess I got a pretty good rate then....B2 Frantastica for $3400 for 14 nights!

If your taking April 18, 2018 the B2 balconies for 14 nights are pricing cheaper to book as BTB. Approximately $3,200 with $100 obc each week (200 total). Agency loyality and MSc discount brings her in at just over $3,000. Are you past final payment? In the US you can usually reprice. Just trying to save you a little change.

This quote is high for April 18, 2018. I just did a few quick price checks. Looks like Aurea is going for $1,249 pp (taxes included). $100 obc. If you compete shop I’m very confident you can get that price around$1,150pp (or less). Add in past guest discount and agent locality perks and your looking at about $2,300 all in.

I’ve removed any agency info on these screen shots but you get the idea...

ba78464aa45b63accad316b397a023c7.jpg

35a88bac971a37381d28c1b3b41f234c.jpg

Hope this helps those still shopping.

I am very familiar with those websites. the $1249 does not include taxes and fees, which it states on the screenshot it does not include govt taxes and fees.

Plus it is not for the Aurea experience BestNC Cruiser has.

Plus he has 4 to a cabin.

I am very familiar with those websites. the $1249 does not include taxes and fees, which it states on the screenshot it does not include govt taxes and fees.

Plus it is not for the Aurea experience BestNC Cruiser has.

Plus he has 4 to a cabin.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d never ever recommend booking with either one of the agencies I’ve screen shot. These are just the well known normal starting prices to begin negotiations :).

I can book myself on April 18th in aurea cabin for less than $2,500 this very minute (without shopping much). Naming specific agencies is against cc rules, but i encourage consumers to shop around!! I’m not an agent, just trying to save the consumer some cash.

Btw- it also looks like MasterCard is offering $300 OBC for this sailing in addition to other promos if that helps anyone further :)

How did you find out about the MasterCard promotion?

It came up in a very quick search using one of the agencies i screen shot.

Edit- just went back and it looks like the MasterCard promo is specific to agency, but it never hurts to shop :)

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Don’t get me wrong, I’d never ever recommend booking with either one of the agencies I’ve screen shot. These are just the well known normal starting prices to begin negotiations :).

I can book myself on April 18th in aurea cabin for less than $2,500 this very minute (without shopping much). Naming specific agencies is against cc rules, but i encourage consumers to shop around!! I’m not an agent, just trying to save the consumer some cash.

Btw- it also looks like MasterCard is offering $300 OBC for this sailing in addition to other promos if that helps anyone further :)

Don't get me wrong...I like saving $. Have no issues with that! :-) I still think BestNC Cruiser got a very good deal considering it is Spring Break week.

I will look into this mastercard promo. Wonder if it is for all or only select MSC cruises. I was waiting to book next week when I am onboard, but...

....will look into this mastercard promo. Wonder if it is for all or only select MSC cruises. I was waiting to book next week when I am onboard, but...

Here is the MasterCard promo. It applies to all MSc cruises in 2018- may be agency specific, but it doesn’t hurt to ask around.

0c1b017e6f4a218a8b1311cbbdec8e35.jpg

Unless MSc has increased their initiative for on board bookings, I found that the industry standard on board credit was about double what MSc offered.

Just trying to help. If any of the info I’ve shared saves you any $, all I ask is that you play it forward :)

Here is the MasterCard promo. It applies to all MSc cruises in 2018- may be agency specific, but it doesn’t hurt to ask around.

0c1b017e6f4a218a8b1311cbbdec8e35.jpg

Unless MSc has increased their initiative for on board bookings, I found that the industry standard on board credit was about double what MSc offered.

Just trying to help. If any of the info I’ve shared saves you any $, all I ask is that you play it forward :)

I have used these types of promo in the past, like AMEX Platinum. Unfortunately, my other MSC 2018 cruise is already booked for May. Then we are on another cruise line at the end of summer. I was eyeing the MSC NE cruise, but that is Oct 2019....bummer.

If your taking April 18, 2018 the B2 balconies for 14 nights are pricing cheaper to book as BTB. Approximately $3,200 with $100 obc each week (200 total). Agency loyality and MSc discount brings her in at just over $3,000. Are you past final payment? In the US you can usually reprice. Just trying to save you a little change.

No it is not for April 18th....it's in February. The first week is sold out and the second week I hear iis near capacity. I spent quite a bit of time online with MSC weighing the pros and cons with the agent...comparing B2B with the 14 night rate....factoring the obc, etc. It was not cheaper to do it as a B2B. I got my best price from them and then went to a TA and they got an even better price than MSC offered.