Cabin thermostat - Numbers or dashes?

UmaDaughterOfUrsula

If they're sensitive to heat, I'd suggest looking into taking a portable fan. In the Caribbean it is often hot and muggy. If you have an inconsiderate neighbor who leaves their balcony door open, it can sometimes mess with the temp in your own cabin.

If they're sensitive to heat, I'd suggest looking into taking a portable fan. In the Caribbean it is often hot and muggy. If you have an inconsiderate neighbor who leaves their balcony door open, it can sometimes mess with the temp in your own cabin.

Wouldn't call it sensitive to hot or cold more like creatures of habit. They prefer as close to 73degrees as possible year round. Only inside, outside they don't care what the temp is.

Repeating what was said by WRK2CRUISE: Tell you stateroom attendant if you are not happy with the temp in your stateroom after you give your dial a spin......

In an aft cabin in the Caribbean (at far end of the hall) , after turning the dial all the way to COLD....stateroom still too hot.

Told attendant and within an hour it was cool.

Seems there are controls only they have access to. Speak up!!

If they don’t want a hot cabin tell them to close the drapes before leaving in the morning and to close them after the attendant does their cabin. I guess you could also make a request for him to close the drapes. It helps to keep the sunlight from heating up the cabin.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

LOL - - We always consider the thermostat the "wishful thinking control." Doesn't seem to make much difference. This was especially true when we were on the Regal Princess in a Club Class Mini - Suite (I know we should not have been on Princess. What can I say, they were cheap.) Princess seemed to turn off the air system entirely every night. We both woke up nearly every night sweating because of the big temperature increase in the middle of the night.

In any case, we have never to put much faith in the thermostats providing anything close to the expected temperature.

Actually I have found the temp pretty responsive to changes in the thermostat on "S" class ships. I've been able to adjust within a range of 5-8 degrees. When I couldn't get it warm enough for me I told the attendant and they had it adjusted in the hallway and then was able to fine tune it to be very comfortable for me.