Hop On/Hop Off Excursion Key West

panzafit

We did the trolley. Good way to get an overview of key West wilt stops at convenient points. We got tickets through their web site. Cheaper than RCCL. You can check there about the 1 year old.

You will probably see a Key West Turkey along the route

We did the trolley with my 6 year old son. This was 10 years ago. At that time only the trolley was hop on/ hop off. Not sure if the conch train does the on/off. We enjoyed it. We stopped at the Hemmingway House and toured that among other things we stopped at.

My group wants to do a hop on/hop off excursion in Key West. On the RC site it shows 2 of these. The trolley and the conch train. Has anyone tried these? Is one better than the other? Will they allow a 1 year old?

It's been a few years, but I thought Old Town Trolleys was the best and not offered by Royal, but its close to the pier.

there are like three different HO/HO options. all allow all ages although there are no seatbelts or baby seats. the Old Town Trolley is a 90 minute trip that hits most of the Duvall Street Highlights( Butterfly house, Hemingway House, the Lighthouse, etc,.) about the only thing you might have to walk more than a block to from a stop is the Buoy.

it is narrated and you learn about the people that founded the area , local flora and fauna, architecture, how to spot a speakeasy by looking at the railings and the most photographed (and stolen) mile marker in the world.

don't bother buying it from the ship. cheaper online beforehand directly from the site.

there are like three different HO/HO options.

don't bother buying it from the ship. cheaper online beforehand directly from the site.

How much cheaper is it on-line vs waiting until we get there? If not much, I'd rather wait so we can assess the weather first.:rolleyes:

How much cheaper is it on-line vs waiting until we get there? If not much, I'd rather wait so we can assess the weather first.:rolleyes:

It’s only a few dollars so we usually check out the weather and buy tickets directly from the trolley company when we arrive.

We like Old Town trolley the best...seats are a bit more comfortable

It's been awhile, so may be different now. Majesty didn't announce it, but a fellow passenger told me that people who had excursions got off the ship faster. You had to go through customs and it went by cabin type, but excursions were a priority. I checked at the excursion desk and they confirmed it. I bought the trolley tickets. It was the only option then. I walked off the ship and walked to the trolley

Absolutely LOVED the trolley; hubby and I purchased tickets and it was a great way to see Key West. We were hungry, so we jumped off when we saw a Denny's on the route. Took some time to stroll down one of the streets for souvenirs, then re-boarded the trolley to return to the ship.

It's been awhile, so may be different now. Majesty didn't announce it, but a fellow passenger told me that people who had excursions got off the ship faster. You had to go through customs and it went by cabin type, but excursions were a priority. I checked at the excursion desk and they confirmed it. I bought the trolley tickets. It was the only option then. I walked off the ship and walked to the trolley

at this particular port, getting 'priority access' via a ship excursion is negligible at best. as in anyone without a ship's excursion will be off almost as fast since it is a docked port . the loading point for the Old Town Trolley is literally at the end of the walkway from the pier. right by the Aquarium.

the only time it really matters is at tender ports where you do get on the first 2-3 tenders if you have a ship purchased excursion.

We did the bus (through RCI) and did the Miami Beach loop. The buses were full and we ended up not getting off anywhere. My issue with the buses is there's always a line of people waiting to get on at the popular stops. That said, we'll probably do the city loop in April because we want to go to Little Havana and Coconut Grove, both of which are on the city loop. What we liked, is because it was an RCI excursion, we were picked up at the port and had a separate bus to take us back after so we didn't have to get a cab or walk across the bridge.