AARP gift Cards

beargrass1

If I buy e-gift cards, can I apply them to my onboard account online or do I just take the codes with me and apply them at guest services? I wouldn't want to risk ordering snail mail cards this close to our trip.

Just take the number/pin to gs or a kiosk and have them applied that way.

Thanks! I did find them. Funny thing doing it from my pc the website was all messed up, when on my phone to the website and they were there.

2 purchased and already applied to one of the excursions we wanted to do. Love saving 10% when I can.

Thanks for this everyone!

Thanks! I did find them. Funny thing doing it from my pc the website was all messed up, when on my phone to the website and they were there.

2 purchased and already applied to one of the excursions we wanted to do. Love saving 10% when I can.

Thanks for this everyone!

Go ahead and stock up on them to pay off your next cruise that you will be booking if you haven't already. ;) 10% on an excursion is nice, but 10% on an entire cruise is better. ;)

Can you get these cards for other cruise lines too or just Carnival?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get them for Royal Caribbean and Carnival. However, Royal's cards have restrictions on how you can use them, while Carnival's do not. For the RCL cards, you can only apply them to a NEW cruise, not one you have already booked and you cannot use it to buy OBC or Cruise Cash.

As of 8:19PST January 29, e-gift cards not available only mail. Tried purchasing 2 e gift cards but the option to email was not available only mail.

Yeah, for a few months it was nice having the ecards available at will. It seems we're back to the older way of doing it with limited releases. I'm back to checking every day to see what's available--at least I get a few points added to my AARP account every time I log in. I go to AARP, and then to my cruise to see if the check-in times have opened yet, all with my morning coffee. :D

You can get them for Royal Caribbean and Carnival. However, Royal's cards have restrictions on how you can use them, while Carnival's do not. For the RCL cards, you can only apply them to a NEW cruise, not one you have already booked and you cannot use it to buy OBC or Cruise Cash.

Thanks. When you say “booked” what if you haven’t made the final payment yet? Can you use it then?

Yeah, for a few months it was nice having the ecards available at will. It seems we're back to the older way of doing it with limited releases. I'm back to checking every day to see what's available--at least I get a few points added to my AARP account every time I log in. I go to AARP, and then to my cruise to see if the check-in times have opened yet, all with my morning coffee. :D

Where do you look for the check-in times? I completed my cruise documents and there was nothing about check in times.

Where do you look for the check-in times? I completed my cruise documents and there was nothing about check in times.

It's under your cruise manager. If it isn't there, keep an eye out and keep checking. It'll show up closer to your sailing.

Does anybody know if you chose the mail gift cards how long does it actually take to receive the gift cards in the mail?

do they provide a tracking number once they mail the gift cards?

I have seen people say 5-7 days if by US mail. My experience has been 7-10 days.

No tracking with US mail. The 500.00 cards are delivered UPS, with a tracking number, and take about 5 business days, with a tracking number.

That is my personal experience.

Thanks. When you say “booked” what if you haven’t made the final payment yet? Can you use it then?

Nope. It must be a new booking...or at least made within the previous two weeks. Its really restrictive and actually difficult to use. In my opinion, not worth it. And I wish it was because 10% is 10%.

I just purchased some gift cards to be mailed today. Can I add those online to our cruise in May or do I have to wait and take them to GS to have them added to our account when we get on the ship? If I can add them to our account now how does one go about doing that? Thanks.

I just purchased some gift cards to be mailed today. Can I add those online to our cruise in May or do I have to wait and take them to GS to have them added to our account when we get on the ship? If I can add them to our account now how does one go about doing that? Thanks.

If you're not paid in full yet, you can use them to pay towards your fare, or pay Cheers! if you're getting that. If not, you'll have to wait until you're on the ship. Last week I just waited until a quiet late night and went to GS to get mine added, only took a couple of minutes.

I called my travel agent & gave her the gc info. She applied the gc's towards our cruise and emailed the updated booking/balance info to me.