Princess Cruises Future Sailing Credit

sexyaznboy

Hey everyone, I’m sailing a few times on Princess this year and want to book all of them and get the anniversary credit promo before it expires in February. Is there anyway I can still get extra future sailing credits if i put down more money on my future cruises when I am on my first cruise? Thanks!

You can buy, for $100 a Future Cruise Deposit. This will make your next cruise deposit $100 and give you some on board credit. The amount of the credit depends on the length and cabin type on your next cruise. If you do not use it within 2 year, it will be refunded to you. It needs to be purchased on your cruise.

You can buy, for $100 a Future Cruise Deposit. This will make your next cruise deposit $100 and give you some on board credit. The amount of the credit depends on the length and cabin type on your next cruise. If you do not use it within 2 year, it will be refunded to you. It needs to be purchased on your cruise.

What if I’ve already booked the cruise, can I still add more when I’m on board? Thanks!

The above is correct, and you can buy as many as you want. So if you have 5 cruises this year you can buy 5 or more @ $100. each.

If you have a traveling companion you need to buy the same number of FCD's for him/her, too....Each person who has booked with an FCD gets the cabin credit (OBC).

If only you have the FCD then the OBC will only appear on your account.

You can only buy the FCD's while onboard. Check with your TA or Princess about using an FCD for an existing reservation. Or someone here on CC will let you know.

I want to make sure I am reading this right ....

You can purchase as many future cruise credits as you wish ... we always buy a few while onboard if we are running low. They do not have to be applied to a booking immediately and will be held under your captain's circle membership number until they expire, at which point, the initial deposit amount will be returned to you.

You can, under certain circumstances have Princess push the expiration date out a bit although this isn't guaranteed. We've not had a problem with having them extend the expiry a month or two in the past.

You and your cabin mate can each apply one future cruise credit towards a future sailing. So, $100 each pax can be applied to a future cruise for a total of $200 deposit. This will serve as your entire deposit and provide some additional obc for the cruise you book.

Cruises do not have to be booked onboard. You can buy open sailing deposits (meaning you can apply it when you are ready to book a particular sailing) or, of course, you can apply it to a sailing when booking it onboard. Booking a cruise while onboard can be applied to a specific travel agent or booked directly through Princess. You can transfer those bookings made through Princess to a travel agent prior to final payment date. Once assigned to a particular travel agency, it is hard to transfer it back to Princess and nearly impossible to transfer that booking to another agency.

We've been successful in a couple of instances in applying a future cruise deposit for the additional OBC after the fact. Not sure if they were just being kind or if this is even against their policy but they've done it for us a couple of times before.

A couple of times, I ran out of future cruise deposits ... :confused: .... how does that happen?? Either bad planning or too many cruises, I guess.

If you live near a port that has BVE (bon voyage experience) available, you can book one of those at the cost of $39 per person (you do not have to be sailing on that cruise) and you can purchase future cruise credits onboard at this time. You can also apply the $39 fee for the BVE and it will be credited towards payment on your next Princess cruise booking. This cannot be applied after the booking is already in place, though.

If you use a future cruise deposit on a refundable deposit fare, the deposit will go back into your account and can be reused at another time before the expiration. You can use this deposit through Princess or any travel agency but you will have to call when making your reservation to let them know the deposit exists rather than booking it online. At least that's been my experience.

Thanks raider!

I am talking about buying them after I’ve already booked a cruise.

In other words, in order to get the anniversary sail credits I’d like to book three cruises, one in March, one in May and one in October. If I’ve already purchased them, can I go put in some MORE deposits on the cruises in May and October when I’m on my cruise in March or is it too late?? If I wait to book these latter cruises after February and wait until I’m on board in March I won’t get the anniversary credits

Sorry it’s hard to explain the situation I’m asking about.

I don't think anyone has answered the OP's question. She wants to book cruises before the end of the month to lock in a promo and then purchase an FCD to apply to each of those cruises after taking a cruise. Unfortunately I don't know how long you have to apply an FCD to an already booked cruise. I have been able to do so within a couple of days of booking when my TA did not apply one correctly.

1. You can't buy them until you are actually on a cruise, and then you can buy as many as you like.

2. As I understand it you can't apply more than one FCD to a booking so you can't stack them up to get more than one lot of OBC.

So if you don't have any FCDs at present you can't book a cruise using an FCD. So you would have to book the March cruise in the normal manner and pay the standard deposit required. On the March cruise you can then buy your FCDs and use those to book the May and October cruises. However Cruise Raider has said that they were lucky enough to be able to apply an FCD to a cruise that is already booked so you may choose to book the May and October cruises ahead of your March cruise (and pay the normal deposit) in the hope that you could apply an FCD during/after your March cruise.

Is that essentially what you mean?

I don't think anyone has answered the OP's question. She wants to book cruises before the end of the month to lock in a promo and then purchase an FCD to apply to each of those cruises. Unfortunately I don't know how long you have to apply an FCD to an already booked cruise. I have been able to do so within a couple of days of booking when my TA did not apply one correctly.

Thanks for understanding my question. I just did a quick google search and it cannot be applied if cruise is paid in full. So I am guessing that I can do so for my cruise in October but not my cruise in May, unless I want to take a chance and book my May cruise in March, which is cutting it too close. Thanks for your reply!

1. You can't buy them until you are actually on a cruise, and then you can buy as many as you like.

2. As I understand it you can't apply more than one FCD to a booking so you can't stack them up to get more than one lot of OBC.

I saw a post from someone just off the Sun Princes late last year that posted Princess will now allow you to buy FCD's for past princess passengers NOT onboard. I called Santa Clarita and was told No, you must be onboard. Boarded Royal for Xmas and New Years cruise and WAS able to purchase FCD's for my sister who was not onboard. FCD's are charged to my CC.

You are also allowed to use more than one FCD to a booking, but you only get the OBC as if you used only one, it just reduces your balance due.

I was also looking into the same issue about can you apply a FCD to an already booked sailing that has some deposit $ already on the booking but still before final payment. Was told NO by future cruise person on board, you would have to cancel and rebook cruise at current promo's, but unfortunately sisters bookings were on non refundable deposit promo.

OP is trying to book before end of Feb to get anniversary credits so they need to find friend or someone sailing before then that is willing to buy for them. Hope this answers your questions.

Wally

Thanks raider!

In other words, in order to get the anniversary sail credits I’d like to book three cruises, one in March, one in May and one in October. If I’ve already purchased them, can I go put in some MORE deposits on the cruises in May and October when I’m on my cruise in March or is it too late?? If I wait to book these latter cruises after February and wait until I’m on board in March I won’t get the anniversary credits

Actually, you have explained your situation quite well.

In general, a newly purchased FCD is meant to only be applied to a new booking, not to an existing one. It does not matter if an existing booking has been paid in full or not, the FCD is not supposed to be applied to it.

Every now and then there has been a post by someone who has had an FCD applied to an existing booking, but most posts about the subject say they have not been successful.

I applied 1 FCD on my July 2018 cruise. I had a FCD that was going to expire. Instead of the FCD being refunded, my agent was able to apply the expiring FCD to my July 2018 but without OBC attached to the FCD. My July cruise had 2 FCD attached to it with only 1 FCC (OBC) attached to it.

I applied 1 FCD to my Oct 2019 cruise. My cabin mate has not cruised Princess, she was able to get the $100 deposit without the OBC.

I booked a cruise on the first day of the "3 for free" event because I wanted to lock in a certain cabin. I paid the $100pp deposit because I had no FCC at the time.

5 days later we went on another cruise. I went to the future cruise desk and bought a FCC for myself and my wife (actually 2- each) and I asked the lady if she could apply one to my 3-for-free cruise.

She did and my $100pp deposit was credited back to my credit card. I also got the $50 pp OBC added to the 3 for free OBC.

Thanks raider!

Actually, it made sense to me. I was fortunate enough to have a cruise already booked before purchasing a future cruise deposit ... and then after getting home, I called Princess to see if I could add it to an existing reservation and they did.

I recently booked a cruise for 2019 where a certain nameless travel agent was offering the beverage package as well as free gratuities. I asked if I bought a future cruise deposit between now and then, would he be able to add it. He was still on the phone with Princess and he asked them and they said yes. Now, I haven't bought a new one yet and so don't know if that policy will change by the time I have one in hand but it's worth a try. I will always use it somewhere if they don't take it for that sailing.

The way it worked the last couple of times they allowed me to apply it later, they just added that amount as paid and it reduced my balance. One time, when I called Princess, she was the one that noticed I had a future cruise deposit and asked me if I wanted to add it. That's what encouraged me to call and request it for the second time I was successful. That was a few years ago, though ... but was happy with the response I got from that agency / Princess for my 2019 sailing.