RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

First night on the MJ last week in the VCL they asked for our Seapass cards for each drink. Never asked again the following 3 nights.

No limits on the number of drinks.

Not asking on this cruise, but "guard dogs" at the entrance at the elevators before six pm, with the stairs roped off.

Just signs after the first seating bail out...and still not asking.

Ahh...You ARE on board right now! :D

I think this unusual five night brought out a lot of upper tier. :cool:

Sailing was sold out pretty quick. I booked late and could not even get a balcony cabin..:( Oh well, cute and cozy on deck nine. ;)

Yea I'm left over from last week [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have nothing to hide,i don't sit anonymously on a computer winding people up.

Any photos are post connected only.

If people do recognise me thats great because they are cruisers who love RC and the DL and a good way of introduction to DL friends.

Don't worry sweetie...we would be thrilled to find you and your beautiful bride in one of the lounges on a future cruise, and would be very happy to sit with you! :)

Oh the conversations about wine and chocolate! :D

With so many diamond and above it doesn't leave them much choice. The small roped of section couldn't handle it. There are 29 pinnacles alone.

It’s easy to figure out why so many Diamonds and above on ships sailing this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot seem to like it. John Denton wears a Pineapple lapel pin.

Check out my new swim wear.

9a0c05804725785cd0d2fe93a116fa85.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

OMG John...those are perfect!! :D:cool: Great find!!

I love seeing some of the interesting homemade Pineapple pins that some Pinnacles have fashioned to wear next to their Pinnacle pins. These are the ones with the healthy sense of light hearted fun that we love to associate with! :cool:

Edited by island lady

My husband and I will be cruising for the 1st time on RC this November (Mariner of the Seas) in a Grand Suite. Are you saying that as Suite guests (even though we will be 1st timers on RC) we board before Diamonds??

This is true on the initial rush, but if you are not in the boarding area when it first opens it really dosent matter. It's board as soon as you have your sea pass card. I have even seen the no status line move faster than the suite or diamond line later in the day.

That part I don't remember.

Diamond "Event"...not full DL. ;) Had a good time in there on Jewel, and some of the best memories in the large lounge on Freedom during the old "Diamonds in December" promo. Which was also the old "Diamond Event" with just beer, wine, cheap bubbly and bar munchies. Worked for us and many others. :cool:

This time of year has nothing to to with it. This is a unique sailing.

Tell that to those sailing on Brilliance and Serenade.

Understand MJ unique cruise before Drydock But in general, certain times of the year have above normal Diamonds and above cruising.

Go to Top Tier party and have a couple screwdrivers or mimosas. Head up to SL for pre lunch beer, go to CK at 12:30 for lunch and a few white zins. Head back to room and have some C&A wine. Go to SL at 3:00 for more beers, leave around 4:00 with drinks, go to DL stay till 6:00, go to CK enjoy dinner with more drinks, head to Blaze for pre show cocktails, go to show, head back to SL for nitecap.

Total cost, Maybe $20 in tips.

Have liver checked in the morning.

Urble...sounds like my last Oasis cruise. ;p:eek:;)

And don't forget to pile up those empty wine buckets in the hallway. :p:p:p

Don't worry sweetie...we would be thrilled to find you and your beautiful bride in one of the lounges on a future cruise, and would be very happy to sit with you! :)

Oh the conversations about wine and chocolate! :D

That would be brilliant and we would be delighted to meet you both.

Tell that to those sailing on Brilliance and Serenade.

Understand MJ unique cruise before Drydock But in general, certain times of the year have above normal Diamonds and above cruising.

Fall and January

Same here. It's been many years since I've been here. We missed Coco Cay last week and came to Freeport instead. I thought that was nice.

It would be nice to go to Freeport every once in a while. Maybe trade out for a Nassau every other week.

And just why is that prime time for Diamonds and above?

In FL you get a lot of snowbirds and retirees who don't need to pay premiums to sail holiday weeks or high demand weeks; so they sail a lot in October, November, January, February

In FL you get a lot of snowbirds and retirees who don't need to pay premiums to sail holiday weeks or high demand weeks; so they sail a lot in October, November, January, February

September is pretty cheap as well. Gotta love hurricane season.

The fall TA's siphon off some of the upper tier crowd as well

Yep, and here is the truth about hurricane season; so long as there is no active hurricane near you, chances are you have smoother waters than an average week out of hurricane season.

basically right after labor day until thanksgiving, then after that until X-mas. Then after New Years until about March when colleges and schools start spring breaks. I think the best rates are in that November range and January range; the most ships are in florida then

Have only done 2 TAs with a third coming up soon. Huge D and above on the two we've done: one had 1100 or so.

Especially Southampton to FL. Told by some that quite a few Brits have winter places in FL. Cruise west in fall and then cruise back in spring.