RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Haven't seen that in years

No one has. That wasn't the point.

They couldn't fill ships the first three weeks of December. The prices are still very cheap in December.

The hurricane season is not what it once was because a lot of ships are still in Europe.

In FL you get a lot of snowbirds and retirees who don't need to pay premiums to sail holiday weeks or high demand weeks; so they sail a lot in October, November, January, February

So it’s cheaper to cruise during these times for the most part? Nobody wanted to say that. I did.

This all goes back to the Lounge. If you want to have less full DL’s , choose another time with less Diamonds to cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

September is pretty cheap as well. Gotta love hurricane season.

The fall TA's siphon off some of the upper tier crowd as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Didn’t think about the TA. Good point.

But bottom line, it is cheaper to sail during these periods. Yes, Hurricane season was my brother favorite time to sail. Extended days the loved.

I said that last year and just got abuse.

CL for Suite and Pinnacle

DL for D+

D will get drinks on card only

I do like the unlimited, although most nights I never have more than 3

This argument is certainly not new.......We became D+ in 2008.......We were so afraid of losing benefits.. Guess what RCi is a for profit corporation....Reading these post... same old stuff just ten years later.

This argument is certainly not new.......We became D+ in 2008.......We were so afraid of losing benefits.. Guess what RCi is a for profit corporation....Reading these post... same old stuff just ten years later.

RCI spent a million dollars building Diamond Clubs and gave you 3 drinks in any bar. If that's taking away benefits...

Enchantment in November is doing Coco Cay and Freeport

That’s out of PC as well. Will look at that. No open dates yet for us other than Harmony and Jewel. We are doing some land based vacations this year. We love spending time in NYC.

Same here. It's been many years since I've been here. We missed Coco Cay last week and came to Freeport instead. I thought that was nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We were on the Jan 15 majesty and went to Freeport. Had not been to Freeport in 30 years. We took a taxi to Sands Brewery for a tour. Then stopped at local place for lunch.

It was interesting to watch the working port and seeing the ships in dry dock.

Agree -a nice stop for a change

M

We were on the Jan 15 majesty and went to Freeport. Had not been to Freeport in 30 years. We took a taxi to Sands Brewery for a tour. Then stopped at local place for lunch.

It was interesting to watch the working port and seeing the ships in dry dock.

Agree -a nice stop for a change

M

Freeport is a nice change once in a while for Nassau. I think most of us here have been there too many times. We used to book just for Nassau as they used to sell our perfume/cologne we like. Two trips ago they were out of our smells and last time they no longer sell it. Good thing. We got a great price in both St Thomas and St Maarten so great excuse to go back.

We were on the Oasis last week and the diamond lounge was very crowded every night. On this sailing the lounge hours were 4.30 until 8.00. We typically go in around 6.00 to 6.30 until around 7.00 to 7.30. People were standing around and it was difficult getting a drink. On 2 occasions we popped in just after the lounge opened and it was crowded then, don’t know what time people arrived. We asked if they were going to open an overflow area and were told no.

We were happy to use our 3 coupons at other bars.

Same here. It's been many years since I've been here. We missed Coco Cay last week and came to Freeport instead. I thought that was nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I would love to come to Freeport again. Nice to have another option to explore in the limited Bahama sailings. :D

Just back from 10 day Serenade cruise. With over 350 D&D+, total available seating in DL was 34. Long waits for drinks each night as well as almost zero seating. We all asked why the door connecting the Vortex lounge with DL was not opened to create a normal overflow area (this was done each night on this same ship back in 2015 NE cruise).

The diamond concierge said it was "corporate decision to keep this door shut".

I have never experienced such an overcrowded DL in all the cruises we have taken as diamonds. Most others we talked to agreed.

Needless to say, there were a lot of pissed off guests each night. Most of them got so frustrated they left and used their sea pass drinks elsewhere.

Now I don't have a problem with the 3 free sea pass drinks.....however, as diamonds, the DL experience is important for meeting old friends and socializing in your own private lounge. This is what loyal customers pay their money on and expect a consistent corp. policy (providing adequate overflow areas with proper personnel).

Please, chime in diamond members if you have had similar recent DL issues.

I would hate to think corporate is modifying their DL policy to put profit over loyalty.

It was worse than that on the Freedom TA in October.. We are not appreciated as we once were.. Sad...

Sounds great to me...hope we get to make it work some day.:D Bucky loves it when I read your posts to him. He is my official "lurker". LOL!:')

Pauline never reads posts unless i read them out.

When it comes to chatting she can talk for England lol.

As long as we can go into the lounge, get our plates and drinks and go back out into Viking Crown, we're good.:halo: They're keeping the door shut now, because too many non Diamonds were coming and going. Key to use your card now.

Totally agree!;) We frequently cruise with non-Diamond, so appreciate being able to pop in, just to get our drinks and snacks, and return to the VCL with our friends! Love the views from up there too!:cool: Wish all DL's had windows!:(

Amazed that folks still complain that the FREE Drink Lounge is crowded. Of course it is crowded. What is the incentive for the company to open a larger lounge.... so folks can drink more? It is so simple to go to another bar and get a drink, especially on larger ships. No wait, no overworked staff etc.

I guess if folks keep complaining about the crowds, then the company can simply close the lounges and just offer vouchers, or nothing. That will stop the complaining! Remember all the complaining about the bad chocolate, or the repeat passenger gifts. Everyone complained about the free gift - that they already had the hat, bag, frame or whatever. So, RCCL figured out a way to stop the complaining - they stopped the gifts!

Why should a company offer a free perk and have so many public complaints - when it is easier for them not to offer the perk at all! Be careful what you wish for.

We might pop in to the lounge a few evenings each week and if it too crowed, we go elsewhere. No problem

M

Amazed that folks still complain that the FREE Drink Lounge is crowded. Of course it is crowded. What is the incentive for the company to open a larger lounge.... so folks can drink more? It is so simple to go to another bar and get a drink, especially on larger ships. No wait, no overworked staff etc.

I guess if folks keep complaining about the crowds, then the company can simply close the lounges and just offer vouchers, or nothing. That will stop the complaining! Remember all the complaining about the bad chocolate, or the repeat passenger gifts. Everyone complained about the free gift - that they already had the hat, bag, frame or whatever. So, RCCL figured out a way to stop the complaining - they stopped the gifts!

Why should a company offer a free perk and have so many public complaints - when it is easier for them not to offer the perk at all! Be careful what you wish for.

We might pop in to the lounge a few evenings each week and if it too crowed, we go elsewhere. No problem

M

Perfect post.

So, it used to be you could only get unlimited free drinks in a lounge. Then they expanded it to include 3 drinks at any bar, and it appears that they are expanding it to free drinks in the dining rooms.

Yet the ungrateful people here only talk about diminished benefits. Are some of you people actually for real?:evilsmile: Ungrateful doesn't really begin to cover it.:eek: Further nobody getting to diamond complained that they achieved diamond status, but as soon as they got it they immediately start complaining that it is too easy for others to, also become diamonds. In fact, it is downright horrible how there are so many diamonds that they no longer feel respected for their glorious achievements, and are mad that Pinnacles are still treated better, and people spending 3 times as much for the same cruise are also treated better. :eek:

Good grief, get over yourselves already.

JC

Just at breakfast and lunch.

Curious how wearing the name tag will go over in DL.

We've only worn on MJ so far.

John - never know when you are kidding or serious. On recent Oasis saw lots of pinnacle badges in ship bars and the DL. The few times we went to the DL, we saw a small group with badges (some with out) enjoying the venue.

M