RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Someons just claimed it will sail out of SH for the summer....I doubt that - with the way the GB economy tanks....

A few bumps in the economy after the word beginning with "B' that we dare not mention but nothing wrong with it now :)

Sorry we did not touch base. Maybe next time

We went to the Diamond area the second night (only) and they did ask to see our sea pass card. Never tested the unlimited drinks.

M

First night on the MJ last week in the VCL they asked for our Seapass cards for each drink. Never asked again the following 3 nights.

No limits on the number of drinks.

They'll ask for your card unless they know you. I was on last week's cruise and never asked for my card since a'll of the bar staff know me.

On this week's cruise there are so many diamond and above that they're using the entire VCL. Shane is checking everyone getting off the elevator or coming up the stairs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

That part I don't remember.

January 2014. On Jewel, it was the DL. Interestingly, on two nights, there was entertainment. Piano and then 2 violinists on the "stage" area. Of course, we know now that more seating was added there.

June 2014. Brilliance, different ship, but the cigar bar was the CL and the DL was the small area sectioned off from the VCL.

I guess, that if the lounge was full for the entire time, I might calculate this into my choice of cruise line, but I have never seen a full lounge 15 minutes after first seating for dinner. So, go have a cocktail at any bar, at 5 or 5:30 or whatever time the lounge is open, then 15 minutes after first seating show up, have more free cocktails. Grab a glass on the way out of the door as you head to my time dining. Stop at bar before you enter the dining room get another glass, add them together. You should be good to go.

Seriously, these threads are so silly. People get so wound up about a serious non-problem that I wonder if they use logic ever.

JC

I have to agree! We have never seen a full or over crowded DL in all our cruises. Not sure if we just chose our sailings wisely and avoid the masses.... or because we always eat at late seating and are not geriatrics lol.

They'll ask for your card unless they know you. I was on last week's cruise and never asked for my card since a'll of the bar staff know me.

On this week's cruise there are so many diamond and above that they're using the entire VCL. Shane is checking everyone getting off the elevator or coming up the stairs.

Wow that is crazy... We were on majesty over Xmas and there were never more than 10 people total, usually 5 or less, up in the VCL for diamond happy hour. Great service obviously haha [emoji23]

Interesting - maybe they are part of the tip-pool :').....it is awfully quiet about it.....

Have not seen any relase date yet!:confused:

Someons just claimed it will sail out of SH for the summer....I doubt that - with the way the GB economy tanks....

I read the tipping problem was an easy fix.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I guess, that if the lounge was full for the entire time, I might calculate this into my choice of cruise line, but I have never seen a full lounge 15 minutes after first seating for dinner. So, go have a cocktail at any bar, at 5 or 5:30 or whatever time the lounge is open, then 15 minutes after first seating show up, have more free cocktails. Grab a glass on the way out of the door as you head to my time dining. Stop at bar before you enter the dining room get another glass, add them together. You should be good to go.

Seriously, these threads are so silly. People get so wound up about a serious non-problem that I wonder if they use logic ever.

JC

Go to Top Tier party and have a couple screwdrivers or mimosas. Head up to SL for pre lunch beer, go to CK at 12:30 for lunch and a few white zins. Head back to room and have some C&A wine. Go to SL at 3:00 for more beers, leave around 4:00 with drinks, go to DL stay till 6:00, go to CK enjoy dinner with more drinks, head to Blaze for pre show cocktails, go to show, head back to SL for nitecap.

Total cost, Maybe $20 in tips.

Have liver checked in the morning.

Is this the last cruise before dry dock?

I don’t think cruises will be canceled because of lack of free drinks but we are certainly rethinking our cruise choices going forward because of the over crowding, lack of seating and slow service during the cocktail hour before dinner in any lounge. If you add up all the extras on your Royal or Celebrity cruise you’ll find you can do a more expensive cruise that includes everything you’re paying extra for.

It sounds like you are saying people will jump to more expensive cruises that are inclusive? I would like to see a poll of P’s and Diamonds if they are willing to pay more to have a Lounge and drinks???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds like you are saying people will jump to more expensive cruises that are inclusive? I would like to see a poll of P’s and Diamonds if they are willing to pay more to have a Lounge and drinks???

So, create one. 😉

I went on an NCL that overnighted in Cuba. 4 days on the Sky. We went into lunch and were offered wine. When we asked did they want our cards, they said it was "all inclusive". While the "basic" drinks, beer, and wine were included, it did not have the camaraderie that the lounges have. There are too many benefits that would have to be included. I could just book suites and get most benefits, but why? Now that we made Pinnacle we can book balconies and JS and still get all the benefits. I have tried Celebrity, Cunard, Princess, Carnival, Costa, and NCL and none compare.

We've been in Michael's Club on Celebrity and it doesn't come close to the CL or DL.

I really hate to dodge all the walkers and scooters. That's why they have other lines like Norwegian, Cunard, and Holland that cater to that age group.

I could always go Silversea or Crystal but the clientele doesn't meet the category of people I like. I personally know people that use those lines and I don't want to be that stuffy.

I have found the crews of RCCL ships more friendly and committed than the others.

So, bottom line, no, I wouldn't switch lines because of all-inclusive.

So, create one. [emoji6]

I’m not “complaining” about a crowded DL, wanting more FREE drinks, more access to limited areas, about adding SL’s and dropping CL’s, moving to as much as a Star/Sky/Sea Class as possible on ships.

I went on an NCL that overnighted in Cuba. 4 days on the Sky. We went into lunch and were offered wine. When we asked did they want our cards, they said it was "all inclusive". While the "basic" drinks, beer, and wine were included, it did not have the camaraderie that the lounges have. There are too many benefits that would have to be included. I could just book suites and get most benefits, but why? Now that we made Pinnacle we can book balconies and JS and still get all the benefits. I have tried Celebrity, Cunard, Princess, Carnival, Costa, and NCL and none compare.

We've been in Michael's Club on Celebrity and it doesn't come close to the CL or DL.

I really hate to dodge all the walkers and scooters. That's why they have other lines like Norwegian, Cunard, and Holland that cater to that age group.

I could always go Silversea or Crystal but the clientele doesn't meet the category of people I like. I personally know people that use those lines and I don't want to be that stuffy.

I have found the crews of RCCL ships more friendly and committed than the others.

So, bottom line, no, I wouldn't switch lines because of all-inclusive.

I didn’t think so. I bet most will not either.

Is this the last cruise before dry dock?

Currently on MJ right now at Freeport. They are indeed returning here in a couple of days after they drop us back off at PC and pick up a lot of "worker bees". Interesting watching them backing Allure into the ship yard. They are having a devil of a time trying to do it. Assuming she is in for dry dock?

Indeed entire VCL being used as the D and up/suites event. Checking sea passes at the door until 6 pm, then they seem to disappear and just put the signs up. No problem getting good service for drinks and none of the waiters were asking for your sea pass card with your order. There were a few "sneak ins"...shamefully. One couple giggling about sneaking in. Pretty tacky.

When I was on MJ only a roped off section was used for D and above; rest was open to any cruiser. Frankly, that is how it should be. I'm not cool with blocking people from the VCL. Did you hear people actually saying they were sneaking in for free drinks or just assuming it? It's a fine velvet rope to walk...

I'd rather they just give me 40% off the Deluxe drink package.

Especially since they seem to think those drinks are worth $12. The 40% discount would be

less than the supposed value of 3 sea pass drinks. Plus I won't be crowding the DL.

Seems like a win/win.

When I was on MJ only a roped off section was used for D and above; rest was open to any cruiser. Frankly, that is how it should be. I'm not cool with blocking people from the VCL. Did you hear people actually saying they were sneaking in for free drinks or just assuming it? It's a fine velvet rope to walk...

With so many diamond and above it doesn't leave them much choice. The small roped of section couldn't handle it. There are 29 pinnacles alone.

No velvet ropes, sorry to disappoint you.;) Big tri-pod signs after six pm that stated "private event". One section back open to others after the usual first seating bail out. BTW..you probably should not go on Brilliance seven night cruises...the DL had overflow into the entire VCL during cocktail hours the whole week. :eek:

And yes, since I don't make up things....but thanks for asking...:rolleyes:.heard the couple next to us laughing about how they got in and got the free drinks. And the food they kept gobbling up at the happy-tiser station made you think they had been starving for weeks...sheez...like food is a rarity on ships. ;p

Any other questions?? ;)

Edited by island lady

With so many diamond and above it doesn't leave them much choice. The small roped of section couldn't handle it. There are 29 pinnacles alone.

Ahh...You ARE on board right now! :D

I think this unusual five night brought out a lot of upper tier. :cool:

Sailing was sold out pretty quick. I booked late and could not even get a balcony cabin..:( Oh well, cute and cozy on deck nine. ;)