Seafood Tower?

I just read on another website about a "Seafood Tower" offered at Chops. I have not seen any posts or pics of this on CC. Has anyone ever tried it? Is there an up charge for this? If so, is it worth it?

This has replaced the dry aged steaks and there is an upcharge. It’s available in two different sizes. $20 on top of the fee that we already paid for Chops...not worth it for us.

Wow!!!! Thank you both for the pics!!!

I helped eat the Tower from Ken’s link. The photos didn’t do it justice. We were sailing Star Class so it was included ;) but if I had to pay for it directly I might have passed. It was good, but the cost is one must decide themselves.

I helped eat the Tower from Ken’s link. The photos didn’t do it justice. We were sailing Star Class so it was included ;) but if I had to pay for it directly I might have passed. It was good, but the cost is one must decide themselves.

GREAT......hubby loves seafood:):):)

My sister and her husband just had the seafood tower on Grandeur last week. (The $19 one.) Huge, including two lobster tails. They said it was well worth the money. Next time they may consider having it for their entree, if possible. It was that good according to them.

• 7 months later...

Anyone had the seafood tower on Symphony? We are doing the transatlantic next month and would like to get feedback. I suspect different ships of the line may have somewhat different towers, or the towers may vary according to a number of factors. Thanks.

I just read on another website about a "Seafood Tower" offered at Chops. I have not seen any posts or pics of this on CC. Has anyone ever tried it? Is there an up charge for this? If so, is it worth it?

the tower is awesome.

u do have an up charge but u r on vacation.

This has replaced the dry aged steaks and there is an upcharge. It’s available in two different sizes. $20 on top of the fee that we already paid for Chops...not worth it for us.

One is for $19 and the other for $39. The $39 is double the smaller size and no add'l items, and yet it is priced at $1 more than if you ordered 2 smaller versions.

"Chops Seafood Towers Grande $19. 4 jumbo shrimp, 6 green-lipped mussels, 6 clams, 5 Jonah crab claws, whole Maine lobster tail, traditional garnishes and sauces. Imperial $39."

One is for $19 and the other for $39. The $39 is double the smaller size and no add'l items, and yet it is priced at $1 more than if you ordered 2 smaller versions.

"Chops Seafood Towers Grande $19. 4 jumbo shrimp, 6 green-lipped mussels, 6 clams, 5 Jonah crab claws, whole Maine lobster tail, traditional garnishes and sauces. Imperial $39."

It's on par with all of Royal Caribbeans marketing strategies. 1+1 always = 3 when it comes to sales and pricing.