Oasis class deck 6

Esterobay

Does anyone know if the lifeboats on the deck below the balconys on deck 6 on this class of ship obstruct the view so you can only look out towards the water but not really down as you stand at your rail??. Was about to book a room on deck 6 but looking at at picture I decided this might bother me...???
clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Does anyone know if the lifeboats on the deck below the balconys on deck 6 on this class of ship obstruct the view so you can only look out towards the water but not really down as you stand at your rail??. Was about to book a room on deck 6 but looking at at picture I decided this might bother me...???

It depends on the cabin. We have been in 6278 on oasis and allure and we could look straight down to the water.

We are sailing on allure in a few weeks in cabin 6612 hard to tell from the deck plans if this is above a lifeboat or over one of the gaps between them anyone know of this cabin or a way to tell the cabins from outside view?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

6612 will have a lifeboat below. You are between the "humps" on the side of the ship, according to the deck plans. You can compare your location on the deck plan to photos of the ship you can find with a Google Image Search.

Just sailed a week on deck 6 and if there was an issue - we did not notice. I guess we did not stand at the rail and look down. Wouldn't there be the same issue from all the decks above also.

enjoy

M

thanks wasn't expecting to have an issue when I'm on the balcony I'm looking out not down so having a life below doesn't seem to be a worry. Will report back in few weeks when we are back on how it felt being there!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Just sailed a week on deck 6 and if there was an issue - we did not notice. I guess we did not stand at the rail and look down. Wouldn't there be the same issue from all the decks above also.

enjoy

M

This is what I've never understood about this question - the lifeboats don't becoming see through as you move to higher decks.

This is what I've never understood about this question - the lifeboats don't becoming see through as you move to higher decks.

Hold your hand two inches from your face. Now hold it two feet from your face. Which position allows you to see more? The same properties of physics apply to the topic of this thread.

That is why there is less obstruction as you go to higher decks and move further away from the life boats.

Thanks for the answers, people. I have only ever posted 2 questions on cruise critic... both times I got several helpful answers and some snarky ones.... I had always been taught there is no such thing as a dumb question...

Obviously, lifeboats “do not become see-thru from a higher deck” but they do occupy less of your field of vision from a higher deck than if you were immediately above them. One of the people who answered my question said that it was an issue for them... that was enough for me to book on deck 10 instead of deck six...I thank that person for the answer...I would never answer a legitimate question by trying to make the questioner feel dumb...

Just done a week on deck 6 Oasis and the lifeboats below didn’t bother me. But I see how they might bother some. I actually liked that deck on Oasis as it was close to the street, boardwalk, Central Park, dining rooms and theatre. A long way from the pool deck though!

Thanks for the answers, people. I have only ever posted 2 questions on cruise critic... both times I got several helpful answers and some snarky ones.... I had always been taught there is no such thing as a dumb question...

Obviously, lifeboats “do not become see-thru from a higher deck” but they do occupy less of your field of vision from a higher deck than if you were immediately above them. One of the people who answered my question said that it was an issue for them... that was enough for me to book on deck 10 instead of deck six...I thank that person for the answer...I would never answer a legitimate question by trying to make the questioner feel dumb...

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

People were not being snarky or trying to make you *feel dumb*.

Hold your hand two inches from your face. Now hold it two feet from your face. Which position allows you to see more? The same properties of physics apply to the topic of this thread.

That is why there is less obstruction as you go to higher decks and move further away from the life boats.

Yeah that's not what's happening when you look down at a lifeboat sitting against the side of a structure.

Hold your hand against your desk sitting in a chair. Put something on the floor hidden by your hand when you're sitting. Without moving your hand stand up. Can you see any more of the object on the floor under your hand?

There's the exact same amount of obstruction, you're just seeing more of the ocean forward from the obstruction. When you can also see on deck 6, just tilt your head upward.

I don't think you can go high enough to see the water hitting the side of the boat under the lifeboat so it seems moot.

Edited by Dixie1337

I wasn't trying to make you or anyone else feel dumb, sorry if you felt that way. Just trying to understand the issue other people have. I'm a fan of deck 6, but to each their own!

I know exactly what you're talking about. We had a cabin on Deck 6 years ago and you could definitely see the lifeboats when looking down. I have to say it did bother me somewhat. We were on Allure last February on Deck 6 and had a perfect location, Cabin 6668. There's a break between the lifeboats at certain locations. This cabin is toward the aft elevators. Cabins 6664, 6666, 6668, 6670 would be the same and I assume the cabins across on the port side would be the same. This location was our favorite so far. It was so convenient to the elevators, the Promenade, the dining room. Even though this cabin was very close to the elevators and stairs, we were never bothered by noise at all.

Yeah that's not what's happening when you look down at a lifeboat sitting against the side of a structure.

Hold your hand against your desk sitting in a chair. Put something on the floor hidden by your hand when you're sitting. Without moving your hand stand up. Can you see any more of the object on the floor under your hand?

There's the exact same amount of obstruction, you're just seeing more of the ocean forward from the obstruction. When you can also see on deck 6, just tilt your head upward.

I don't think you can go high enough to see the water hitting the side of the boat under the lifeboat so it seems moot.

You are right about that point. That is why i never said you would be able to.:)

The view directly down is an issue in most rooms regardless of deck, ..... but there is no obstruction near the rear elevators ( balcony rooms approx. 6650-78 and 6250-78).

Capture2.jpg

The range of rooms with no lifeboats is quite large. I noted the std balcony rooms only. The rooms on the aft "hump" have no lifeboats as well, but are Suites.