Equinox A2 Aqua cabin question

LeCricket

Looking into booking an A2 cabin on our Equinox cruise in June. I want one of the cabins with the slanted balcony rail and more room on the verandah (they ARE A2 correct?). However, looking at the deck plans I worry that these rooms might be noisy, as they seem to be right under the pool area. Are they? We aren't terribly light sleepers, but I don't want to be annoyed with the sounds of moving deck chairs while I'm trying to sleep.

Is one side of the ship better than the other? A specific room you like? First cruise on Celebrity. Have no idea what to expect! Thanks.

AquaClass cabins located on the slant--with the larger balconies--are Category A1 staterooms... They are my favorites--I like the proximity to the elevators along with the oversized veranda--and have never noted them to be noisy...

The Aqua cabins are on Deck 11 and the ones with the slanted balconies are A1 cabins not A2. I can’t comment on noise as we haven’t sailed in any of them. We prefer cabins above and below us so we book a A2 after of the mid ship elevators.

On Equinox right now in an Aqua Class under the pool.

A light sleeper or a person who likes to sleep in might be disturbed.

We have heard noise when the staff is collecting or distributing the chairs - so one night at midnight and every am about 7:30. Lasts about 10-15 minutes above us and then fairly quiet. Quiet while underway, even though pool is crowded.

I’m an extremely light sleeper, but this has only really disturbed me the night I heard it late. DH says he hears it every am starting about 5’ but he goes right back to sleep.

What is nice, for us at least, is that we have the big overhang, complete shelter from sun and rain and more shelter from wind. If you want to sun your balcony, pick another floor.

On Equinox right now in an Aqua Class under the pool.

A light sleeper or a person who likes to sleep in might be disturbed.

We have heard noise when the staff is collecting or distributing the chairs - so one night at midnight and every am about 7:30. Lasts about 10-15 minutes above us and then fairly quiet. Quiet while underway, even though pool is crowded.

I’m an extremely light sleeper, but this has only really disturbed me the night I heard it late. DH says he hears it every am starting about 5’ but he goes right back to sleep.

What is nice, for us at least, is that we have the big overhang, complete shelter from sun and rain and more shelter from wind. If you want to sun your balcony, pick another floor.

Thanks. That helps a lot!

Not sure if your reason for selecting AQ class is because of the Blu restaurant (which is very good) and other amenities of this class. If you really prefer a slanted balcony, the balconies in the 1A class are basically the same size and there are quite a few of them. I think you would save some money on that class also, but you would eat your dinner in the main dining room. I hope you enjoy Celebrity in whatever cabin you choose, as we do.

Its a funny thing, but some folks love that big overhand and others (including me) hate it because it makes us feel like we are in a cave! Because of that issue and the potential noise from the pool deck we always choose Cat A2 and request "no upgrade." On our most recent cruise we decided to drop down to deck 10 to get away from both Aqua and the overhang. With the money we saved by not booking Aqua we bought a dine package so we could dine in the alternative restaurants on just about every night (except the Chic nights when we wanted to be in the MDR). Having dining in Murano for 10 out of 21 nights,,,,there is no way we would ever go back to Aqua,,,,,unless they totally revamp the menus in Blu,

Hank

Not sure if your reason for selecting AQ class is because of the Blu restaurant (which is very good) and other amenities of this class. If you really prefer a slanted balcony, the balconies in the 1A class are basically the same size and there are quite a few of them. I think you would save some money on that class also, but you would eat your dinner in the main dining room. I hope you enjoy Celebrity in whatever cabin you choose, as we do.

Thanks for your reply! We did choose Aqua for Blu for the most part. but also the Persian Garden area. We most likely won't do any spa treatments, so this seemed like a nice compromise. The difference in price was only $200. The Blu menu looks great, but I'm sure we'll head to the MDR as well. We most likely won't do Specialty Dining unless the offer a discount. I'd love to try Murano, but the hubby doesn't usually go for the upsells. :(

Its a funny thing, but some folks love that big overhand and others (including me) hate it because it makes us feel like we are in a cave! Because of that issue and the potential noise from the pool deck we always choose Cat A2 and request "no upgrade." On our most recent cruise we decided to drop down to deck 10 to get away from both Aqua and the overhang. With the money we saved by not booking Aqua we bought a dine package so we could dine in the alternative restaurants on just about every night (except the Chic nights when we wanted to be in the MDR). Having dining in Murano for 10 out of 21 nights,,,,there is no way we would ever go back to Aqua,,,,,unless they totally revamp the menus in Blu,

Hank

I totally get not liking the cave feel! At this point, I'm thinking the shade may be welcome (for us). We love the beach and the pool, and with four port days, most likely spent on the beach, i'm thinking we might like having a respite from the sun while enjoying the balcony. This thread has giving me lots to think about though. The only other balcony we have had was a boardwalk balcony last year on Oasis (with our kids in the next room, adjoining the balconies). It was really the only affordable balcony option for us booking two rooms, and we LOVED it! Those rooms are great. Anyway, just booked today and final payment is 4 Mar, so I'm sure I'll hum and haw about this for a while. Thanks for your input.

We stayed in 1650 under the pool deck and would never stay under the pool deck again. In addition to pool chair scraping you get early morning joggers as well as getting to enjoy late night pool party band noise like living in a dorm during my college years. If you're at all sensitive to noise choose A2s.

Thanks for your reply! We did choose Aqua for Blu for the most part. but also the Persian Garden area. We most likely won't do any spa treatments, so this seemed like a nice compromise. The difference in price was only $200. The Blu menu looks great, but I'm sure we'll head to the MDR as well. We most likely won't do Specialty Dining unless the offer a discount. I'd love to try Murano, but the hubby doesn't usually go for the upsells. :(

If your cabin is Aqua your dining room is Blu. I'm pretty sure you can't go to the MDR unless it is with very special, unusual arrangements. You could probably go there for lunch on days when it is open/open seating.

If your cabin is Aqua your dining room is Blu. I'm pretty sure you can't go to the MDR unless it is with very special, unusual arrangements. You could probably go there for lunch on days when it is open/open seating.

I was under the impression we could do either dining room. Are you sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We prefer the Aqua cabins with NO overhang so that we can see the stars and/or moon at night. We’ve had both, but like to see the sky
We are in 1531 on the Reflection next month. Do you know if this would have the overhang?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I was under the impression we could do either dining room. Are you sure?

If you are an Aqua class passenger your assigned dining room is Blu. You cannot just show up in the MDR and be seated.

You could ask the Maitre D' in Blu to arrange an evening to eat in the MDR, but there is no guarantee that it will happen.

There is a sticky with detailed information on cabin locations. You might find good information on the cabins you are considering.

Also, I would confirm whether you are excluded from dining in the MDR if you are Aquaclass. Doesn’t sound right to me.

Enjoy your cruise!