Edge officers, staff shaping up

vtcruising

34 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Luminae Maitre d': Anita

Retreat Lounge Concierges: Joao and Denisa, as WM reported earlier

Anita was excellent in Luminae. She remembered names (176 suites!) and seating preferences. I didn't deal with Denisa at all since Joao became my go to person. He was wonderful - very personable, with a dry sense of humor. He actually read some of my comments on CC and was pretty funny in his reactions. He tried hard to make things happen. He should be there when we return in January.

Thanks for the info! Can you tell us the name of Luminae's Hostess?

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks for the info! Can you tell us the name of Luminae's Hostess?

I spaced out when it came to getting names there. Various people were performing the hostess role - sometimes Anita and there were 2 others, both excellent. We recognized a lot of waiters from other ships - superb service!! I'm sure others will chime in with names. 🙂

On 11/30/2018 at 4:31 AM, Esprit said:

Quick update. Lewis Power-Stannard is now on board and will be the Cruise Director until 8 December. He'll then return to the Edge as CD in early January.

Peter

Does anyone understand this? I would have expected Maarten to be CD for the entire first cycle.

BTW, Bethany, who is currently the Activity Manager on Infinity, posted on Instagram that she is going on vacation for the holidays and will be joining Edge in mid-late January. So perhaps the current Activity Manager will be leaving with Maarten?

21 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Does anyone understand this? I would have expected Maarten to be CD for the entire first cycle.

Sorry for the confusion. Lewis was on board to see for himself what he'd be facing in January.

Bethany will indeed be on board next month for the handover from Valentina. Lewis will replace Maarten before Valentina takes her leave.

Peter

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Sorry for the confusion. Lewis was on board to see for himself what he'd be facing in January.

Bethany will indeed be on board next month for the handover from Valentina. Lewis will replace Maarten before Valentina takes her leave.

Peter

So can you or someone else explain why Maarten and Valentina will be leaving Edge after what seems like a fairly short contract? I guess I can understand bringing in their (presumably) top people to launch a ship but it's not like they have another ship to roll out and will need them there. I doubt they were involved very long pre-launch, although I could be wrong about that.

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Peter

Thanks, Peter! Are you onboard for this cruise?

2 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Still onboard!  They did not provide the usual bio and picture page of the officers on board. It is the first day of the 7 day cruise. I’ll check at Guest Relations tomorrow. Not that there has been any visible changes of staff, but the bio page is always nice to see.  

Thanks for looking! Have a great cruise!  Any special Inaugural events or gifts?

10 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

So can you or someone else explain why Maarten and Valentina will be leaving Edge after what seems like a fairly short contract? I guess I can understand bringing in their (presumably) top people to launch a ship but it's not like they have another ship to roll out and will need them there. I doubt they were involved very long pre-launch, although I could be wrong about that.

Maarten and Valentina have been on board since October and prior to that they were in the Miami HQ for a few weeks planning the Edge activities together with the cast and band who were rehearsing. 

It's been an intense few months. I leave it at that!

Peter 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

Maarten and Valentina have been on board since October and prior to that they were in the Miami HQ for a few weeks planning the Edge activities together with the cast and band who were rehearsing. 

Peter 

Peter, I hope Valentina and Maarten get a well deserved break! I was looking forward to meeting Valentina in April (and meeting Maarten again). If she is not returning to Edge by then, would you please tell her I look forward to meeting her someday, and that I thank her for the photos she’s shared? I wish you a wonderful voyage on Edge!

Cheers, Michelle 

• Thanks 1

One interesting thing that we learned on the Inside Access Tour was that the Edge has several double rooms for committed couples, which is very important for the couples onboard. Normally, each department is issued certain cabins for their staff so when there is a couple from 2 different departments they have to hope that the departments will be able to shuffle people around to have them share a cabin. It makes for a nicer experience for Edge couples to be assigned a couple's cabin.

The tour guide said that there are single cabins and some that two share (not couples). She said that she would rather have the shared cabin because they get their own bathroom (the roommates). If you have a single, there is a bath in between that is so small (maybe because of the two doors) that the toilet is in the shower. 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

One interesting thing that we learned on the Inside Access Tour was that the Edge has several double rooms for committed couples, which is very important for the couples onboard. Normally, each department is issued certain cabins for their staff so when there is a couple from 2 different departments they have to hope that the departments will be able to shuffle people around to have them share a cabin. It makes for a nicer experience for Edge couples to be assigned a couple's cabin.

The tour guide said that there are single cabins and some that two share (not couples). She said that she would rather have the shared cabin because they get their own bathroom (the roommates). If you have a single, there is a bath in between that is so small (maybe because of the two doors) that the toilet is in the shower. 🙂

On the Edge in Feb and a W/B TA in Nov.  How did you sign up for the "inside access tour"?  Is it restricted?

George

1 hour ago, StanleyVA said:

Thanks.  It's on my list

George

Sadly the price has gone up tremendously. I booked it for $99 a few months ago since I had OBC to spend online. It's now $139 or $149, for my sailings, although some people see it for $119 on other cruises.e o

I've never done one of these before because of the cost, but I had a bunch of non-refundable OBC to use and decided this was the ship to do it on!

Edited by MisterBill99

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Sadly the price has gone up tremendously. I booked it for $99 a few months ago since I had OBC to spend online. It's now $139 or $149, for my sailings, although some people see it for $119 on other cruises.e o

I've never done one of these before because of the cost, but I had a bunch of non-refundable OBC to use and decided this was the ship to do it on!

Now, THAT is outrageous!

George

13 hours ago, Esprit said:

Peter 

Still seems shorter than a normal contract for them. And I still don't understand bringing on (presumably) your top talent and then having them leave after 2 months of cruises, even if they were involved in the planning pre-launch. The captain was involved prior to sailing and he's there until the end of January. Personally, I don't know either of them so I'm not going to be disappointed to not have them onboard (like I would with someone like Captain Kate). In fact, I'd be happy if the first captain left sooner so Captain Kafetzis could be the Master for my sailings.