Pls help me understand GS non refundable deposit

mafig

If you book a GS the deposit is $250 per person and it is non refundable? The complete amount?:eek:

Even if you change to another cruise?

If you purchase insurance and pay for it at the time of booking, then if something would occur, would the insurance cover the $500? (two people):confused:

If you book a GS the deposit is $250 per person and it is non refundable? The complete amount?:eek:

Even if you change to another cruise?

If you purchase insurance and pay for it at the time of booking, then if something would occur, would the insurance cover the $500? (two people):confused:

If you change to another cruise, you lose $100 per person and the remainder is given as a future cruise credit you can apply to another cruise within one year.

If "something would occur" is one of the covered reasons listed in the insurance policy, then you would get all your money back.

If you change to another cruise, you lose $100 per person and the remainder is given as a future cruise credit you can apply to another cruise within one year.

Thank you. But just to clarify, this is for a GS, I knew the rules for the losing $100 per person etc., but I thought booking a GS you lose the entire deposit. NO?

Thank you. But just to clarify, this is for a GS, I knew the rules for the losing $100 per person etc., but I thought booking a GS you lose the entire deposit. NO?

I thought the rule was the same as for other non-refundable deposits, but if Ellen says otherwise, I'd go with her. She has a better memory than I do!

I thought the rule was the same as for other non-refundable deposits, but if Ellen says otherwise, I'd go with her. She has a better memory than I do!

Don't count on me, that's why I put the ? I might have to go book that GS I was thinking about. I thought if we did not go we would lose $500. I could live with $200 on that one

Don't count on me, that's why I put the ? I might have to go book that GS I was thinking about. I thought if we did not go we would lose $500. I could live with $200 on that one

Maybe Ken will see this and comment, he should be an expert now.:)

I found this on a non "official" site. Looks like $100 pp to change and loss of full deposit to cancel? It pertains to on board bookings but I imagine booked from home would be the same

WIth the change, suite guests who reserve their future cruise while onboard will now require a full, nonrefundable deposit. Assuming these guests commit to the original selection and do not adjust their ship or sail date in the future, there is no impact imposed by this new policy adjustment. Should guests opt to alter their cruise selection in the future, a change fee of $100 per guest will be incurred. All Suite cancellations are now subject to a nonrefundable fee in the amount of the deposit.

I found this on a non "official" site. Looks like $100 pp to change and loss of full deposit to cancel? It pertains to on board bookings but I imagine booked from home would be the same

WIth the change, suite guests who reserve their future cruise while onboard will now require a full, nonrefundable deposit. Assuming these guests commit to the original selection and do not adjust their ship or sail date in the future, there is no impact imposed by this new policy adjustment. Should guests opt to alter their cruise selection in the future, a change fee of $100 per guest will be incurred. All Suite cancellations are now subject to a nonrefundable fee in the amount of the deposit.

I take the above to mean$100 p/p to change, but the full amount to cancel.:(

What about the insurance question I asked?

I booked 2 days ago in an OS on the Allure for September..

$250. each deposit

was told that if I should cancel before final payment date...I would lose $100. each and the rest refunded to the credit card we used

we do not get insurance.

Hi, Shippy,

I knew your name was familiar.

You were just on the MSC board, having recently sailed on Seaside. We're booked on her for July. I don't know if I should be :D or :loudcry: based on some of the reviews....lol.

Thanks for the feedback on Allure.

I understood the only difference was that any suite is automatically sold as non refundable...

You are not able to purchase at a refundable rate. The same penalties apply for cancelling....

When I do a mock booking for a GS on the Harmony this is what shows up as the Cancellation policy

OP Did you call RCL and ask?

Cancellation Policy

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges.

Cancel AfterPenaltyTodayMinimum Deposit

September 21, 2019 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

October 19, 2019 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

November 2, 2019No refund except for taxes & fees

When I do a mock booking for a GS on the Harmony this is what shows up as the Cancellation policy

OP Did you call RCL and ask?

Cancellation Policy

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges.

Cancel AfterPenaltyTodayMinimum Deposit

September 21, 2019 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

October 19, 2019 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

November 2, 2019No refund except for taxes & fees

No. I spent 20 minutes on hold this morning getting Diamond from Celebrity's Elite, and so I thought I'd save time by asking you guys.;)

Suite and non-suite NRD is the same.

It is just that all suite reservations are NRD.

You lose $100 per person if you change ship or sailing date. The remainder is given as a future cruise credit.

As posted above. Rules for NRD deposits are the same for suites and non suites.

Full Terms and Conditions

A booking made under the non-refundable deposit cruise fare rate (an “NRD Booking”) requires the payment of a non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. The deposit is not refundable at any time after it has been paid. Payment of full deposit and full name are required for each guest at the time of booking. Deposit made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and subject to NRD Booking terms.

If the guest cancels an NRD Booking prior to the final payment due date, the cancellation terms of the cruise ticket contract apply, and Royal Caribbean will issue a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit paid minus a $100USD per person service fee to the guest named on the cancelled NRD Booking (the “FCC”). The FCC is applicable only towards the purchase of a Royal Caribbean cruise and expires 12-months after the issue date (the “Expiration Date”). Any amount remaining after the Expiration Date will be void and forfeited. The FCC is non-transferable, non-refundable, and not redeemable for any other form of compensation, credit, or cash. For NRD Bookings that require a deposit of $100USD or less, no FCC or any other compensation or credit of any kind will be issued.

Each time the guest changes the ship or sail date of an NRD Booking prior to the final payment due date, payments made towards the NRD Booking will be applied to the balance of the modified booking and a $100USD per person service fee will be charged to the modified booking.

Offer available to residents of United States and Canada. Prices are subject to availability, subject to change without notice; capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time.

Just an FYI of my experience recently......

A few weeks back I booked an OS and paid deposit of $500. Then 4 days later due to a work conflict, I found out I had to change the sailing week from 4/15 to 4/29. Also upgraded to the 2BR ATS.

I was just charged the $100 change fee and the deposit was transferred over to the new sail date. Does this help?

Hi, Shippy,

I knew your name was familiar.

You were just on the MSC board, having recently sailed on Seaside. We're booked on her for July. I don't know if I should be :D or :loudcry: based on some of the reviews....lol.

Thanks for the feedback on Allure.

I absolutely LOVED the Seaside although we were in the Yacht Club so I know that makes a difference. We actually had another YC room held for September but I started checking around on the internet as I always do..

I found UNBELIEVEABLE prices for the suites o Allure for September so booked that.

Seems the glut of new mega ships is forcing prices down on these so called 'older' ships. We have done Allure before & really liked it.

It is a tough choice. Both lines have alot of exceptional features but the fact we are able to get a category cabin I never thought we would be able to get was the tipping point.

Check Sept.pricing for suites on Allure on the internet....