Chic Night Dress Code

ldubs

Conventional wisdom Western lore says jeans should be laundered only after then can stand up by themselves. After wearing military uniforms for 30 years, including full-dress uniforms, I have no use for a tux or "designer" jeans. Neither, IMHO, meet the criteria for "chic" attire and both should be banned.

I’m just curious where it says “Elegant Chic” on the website. I see this referred to quite often but I’ve always seen it as “Evening Chic.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening chic. What I said earlier about it applying to the theater and other places was also apparently incorrect. Oops.

Conventional wisdom Western lore says jeans should be laundered only after then can stand up by themselves. After wearing military uniforms for 30 years, including full-dress uniforms, I have no use for a tux or "designer" jeans. Neither, IMHO, meet the criteria for "chic" attire and both should be banned.

Same here. 30 years in uniform. If the old man said jeans were OK, jeans were OK, even chic. The old man (Celebrity) has said jeans are chic. (And a heck of a lot better than the $15 generic Walmart special khakis you could wear anywhere at Carlisle when you couldn't wear jeans!)

Currently on Infinity in Antarctica and on evening chic can be everything from full formal to just nicely dressed like you go to a really nice restaurant with.

Unfortunately a lot of pax think a nice restaurant is something akin to Applebee's

Please tell me Celebrity attracts a more sophisticated clientele. It’s the main reason I chose to sail them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The great majority of passengers make an effort to dress nicely and don't automatically descend to the lowest possible level of "acceptability". Unfortunately there seems to be advice given here that may make some people feel very uncomfortable when they actually get on the ship.

A large number of people still dress formally (DJ/tux) for the Evening Chic nights. I for one think it was a mistake to relax the dress code and dispense with Formal Nights.

A cruise should be something special and not just another all inclusive budget holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ll be on the SilhouetteFeb 25th. For dining, I’m planning very nice dresses and my hubs is planning dress slacks and button down the front shirts, maybe a sport coat. We don’t plan to bring any jeans. Are we going to be too dressy.

We’ll be on the SilhouetteFeb 25th. For dining, I’m planning very nice dresses and my hubs is planning dress slacks and button down the front shirts, maybe a sport coat. We don’t plan to bring any jeans. Are we going to be too dressy.

No. You'll be fine.

There will still be many in formal dress so don’t worry. In my opinion those in jeans, designer or not, will be under dressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any suggestions for a 15 day Transatlantic and will be flying to MIA, final destination is Dublin. My husband usually wears a tux, even on Carnival sailings, but thinking a couple of pair of nice slacks and Dockers will work. For me I usually dress up on Elegant night, but thinking a couple of pair of darks slacks and or leggings with nice tops will works. We also try to look nice.

In my opinion those in jeans, designer or not, will be under dressed!

While I personally wouldn't wear jeans for dinner on any evening, Celebrity has deemed designer jeans to be acceptable, so no passenger should feel under dressed when complying with their host's expectation.

Any suggestions for a 15 day Transatlantic and will be flying to MIA, final destination is Dublin. My husband usually wears a tux, even on Carnival sailings, but thinking a couple of pair of nice slacks and Dockers will work. For me I usually dress up on Elegant night, but thinking a couple of pair of darks slacks and or leggings with nice tops will works. We also try to look nice.

No suggestions required as you have nailed it. What you are thinking of wearing fits right in with Celebrity suggested guidelines for the evening in the MDR.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

She said husband wore his black jeans every night. I am assuming he had them laundered.

I only wear my jeans from about 5pm to 9pm if that long. We go to dinner about 6:30pm. I just dont think I would need to wash them that often. I do use my napkin at dinner in Luminae. Also maybe he brought more than one pair of black jeans.

Just off the Summit and here is the description of Evening Chic from their daily. My husband has a pair of black jeans that look very much like black slacks. He wore them every night in Luminae.

I only wear my jeans from about 5pm to 9pm if that long. We go to dinner about 6:30pm. I just dont think I would need to wash them that often. I do use my napkin at dinner in Luminae. Also maybe he brought more than one pair of black jeans.

No, just one. :halo: