Cafe Al Bacio ?

monakayk

We often skip dessert in the dining room in favour of cake and coffee in Cafe!

Us too---the waiter at dinner is always disappointed that we don't order dessert!

Just got off the Regal Princess and their International Café is a big disappointment after going to

Café al Bacio.

Don't forget the delicious, big cookies in the glass jars on the top of the case! There are usually three different kinds, and they rotate - chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, and I don't remember what else because I am very happy with those two choices! We often grab a few to take with us when we leave the ship on port days.

But you do need to buy a tea or coffee to get the desserts cakes etc. and once you get the drink you can have as many cakes etc that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need to buy a drink to get a treat. As many as you want, but I don't think you can ask for a whole cake, pie or tray of muffins at one time!

But you do need to buy a tea or coffee to get the desserts cakes etc. and once you get the drink you can have as many cakes etc that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Solstice 12 times Silhouette 1 Century 1:cool:

You do not need to purchase a specialty tea or coffee in order to have any food offering in Cafe al Bacio. And we have done three trans-pacifics to Australia, a South Pacific cruise embarking and ending in Sydney, and a Great Barrier Reef cruise from Sydney -- all on Celebrity ships. There has not been any change when in Australian waters.

It is a great place to sit with a cake and beverage, they also do wine and beer etc. There is a good etiquette too, as it’s a place lots of people want to use, people aim to vacate their table when finished so others can use it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The dessert quality and selection is better than what you find most times in the dining room. For this reason, I often skip the dessert in the MDR in favor of having it at the Cafe later in the evening. It has a tendency to get rather crowded some evenings but you have the option of taking it to go.

The dessert quality and selection is better than what you find most times in the dining room. For this reason, I often skip the dessert in the MDR in favor of having it at the Cafe later in the evening. It has a tendency to get rather crowded some evenings but you have the option of taking it to go.

That's true in almost all cases, except we were on a cruise where a lot of the desserts were tasteless. It seemed that the pastry chef left out most of the sugar. :rolleyes:

Wow - I think I found my favorite place on our upcoming Refection sailing. I would like to know what specialty coffee's and hot toddy's are included in the classic drink package? Or ... maybe it would be better to ask what is not included?

Tx - BZ

Wow - I think I found my favorite place on our upcoming Refection sailing. I would like to know what specialty coffee's and hot toddy's are included in the classic drink package? Or ... maybe it would be better to ask what is not included?

Tx - BZ

I would like to know also .

What are some examples of the desserts they have? Thanks

OMG Just off the Equinox and we always go to Cafe al Bacio for the lemon tartlets, they are awesome. We were on a transatlantic last year and had them for the first time! Still dream about the silky lemony filling and crunchy crust. Going transatlantic again this year and will be queuing up for these little gems.

I am fairly positive that all drinks there would be covered by classic. We always have the premium but I think I would have noticed if drinks there were above the limit.

Another think I thought I would mention is many times it IS quicker to sit and have a server. We always just automatically get in line, even when planning on staying and on a couple of occasions a server would beckon us to a table so they could go ahead and take our order.

Since you are able to carry things all over the ship it is fine is you need to get up and leave with your non-paper cup drinks.

We loved it there and happened to love the taste of the black and white cookies! I miss them.

We also miss the little sandwiches they used to have there.

Tx - BZ

I love Cafe al Bacio and enjoy my Irish Coffee with Jameson's (Bailey's is on the premium package). I know Tia Maria, Kahula, and other specialty coffee offers are on the menu. I've found the seating area to always be busy and a few linger long after there special treat is finished. Can't wait to board.