2018 CD/ED list

teknoge3k

One of the reasons I love Dr.E as a cruise director is he gets involved with passengers anytime he is about, mingling with passengers. I just got off a B2B on the Dream, and never saw CD Brandon except when he had a scheduled event. Event over, he's gone. This has been a trend lately. I remember when you saw cruise directors about the ship all the time. I will miss him on the Magic, but Baltimore is not that far for me!

I'm wondering the same thing. He'll be on our cruise in May. I haven't heard of him, so I hope someone can share.

I was a little disappointed to see that Chris the flying Scotsman will be on his break during the time we sail. I was looking forward to having him as our CD.

I'm also interested in hearing what anyone knows about Lee Mason - oddly enough we're sailing on Breeze next month and Vista in November, and he'll be the CD on both ships, LOL. Not that I have ever been overly impacted by a CD - some are less irritating than others, but as I'm not typically getting involved in a lot of the shipboard activities the CD is not much of a concern to me.

Only Carnival cruise we've been on was Liberty in Dec 2017, and Donkey was the CD. He seemed fun, and we'll enjoy his "voice from above" again in just over four weeks for 4-day on Liberty.

The other two future cruises planned so far are too far out for CDs to have been assigned, it seems. Elation in May 2019 I understand but I was hoping to see who would be on Sunshine in Dec 2018. Guess I'll have to wait for the update in late-summer?

Anyway, not having experience with anyone else as CD other than Donkey, I really don't have a preference.

Sad Dr. E will be leaving the Magic for Pride during my November 2018 cruise. I have heard so many people on CC say he is hands down the best CD they ever had!

Dr.E is fun. I was on the November 11th sailing and then back on the Magic for the December 23rd Christmas sailing.......the only thing I would “suggest” is by day 5 is that maybe he doesn’t sing every time he makes an announcement. [emoji23]

But seriously love him and he makes the muster drill actually fun. Below is a picture of Dr. E and my youngest at the Christmas tree lighting.[emoji1303]

f37ff07abdeb9bca63a82ba3cf25fff5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm also interested in hearing what anyone knows about Lee Mason - oddly enough we're sailing on Breeze next month and Vista in November, and he'll be the CD on both ships, LOL. Not that I have ever been overly impacted by a CD - some are less irritating than others, but as I'm not typically getting involved in a lot of the shipboard activities the CD is not much of a concern to me.

We had Lee Mason on the Sunshine in Dec. He was great, very funny and seemed to be everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dr E going to Pride, and Malcolm "woohoo" Burns going to Magic. Oh well. My two favorite CDs. We love Malcolm so much we would do any cruise with him again.

So glad you posted this. Great to hear you liked Malcolm Burn. I have heard so much about Dr. E and how great he is so I was disappointed when I saw he would not be our CD in November on the Magic. Sounds like we wont be disappointed with Malcolm Burns! :D

If you liked Dr E... you will like Malcolm.

2017May_Freedom934-L.jpg

Thank you! Happy to see that Schwartz will still be with us on the Breeze in July. We loved him! (And, he "loved us more"!)

We also Loved Schwartz.

Sadly he's getting off the Breeze the week before we sail. :(

Ours is still TBD.

Love You More..

We had booked the Pride the day before the new schedule released and we ARE THRILLED we get another sailing with Dr. E!

I do think they are able to make some requests about their placements (not saying they are honored), but I can imagine that a smaller ship would be welcome after a long time on a bigger ship - and the CD cabins on the Spirit class have a balcony - just saying :p;).

Also, take in to consideration that the Pride has, on average, more time at sea. There are nearly 4 sea days, because the port stop at Freeport is so short. You need a CD who can manage sea days well, and in my experience, Dr. E is someone who fits that description!

I have never heard of Mike Pack. Anyone sail with him? I was hoping Matt Mitchum would have been the CD when we sail in September. Very disappointed [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He is really good. Him and Matt are my 2 favs. Make sure to do his "music trivias" in the atrium in the evening. Very entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Disagree! John Heals is, by far, the BEST cruise director that ever sailed to sea! We saw the bad side of "Big Sexy" on our cruise to Hawaii and didn't like what we saw.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

I'm curious what you mean by bad side of Big Sexy? Are you talking about Josh Waitzman as he never worked a West Coast Ship or has ever been to Hawaii?