Seen several refrences to people with Tatoos that sail Princess

flasaltwater63

This is our first Princess cruise and very much looking forward to it. We've cruised on Carnival a number of times but find it too rambunctious for us we simply are not partiers, but my husband is tatted all over on his arms, legs and back. I say this because I have found several post where people with tattoos are referenced in a negative way. Should he keep his arms covered as to not draw attention to himself? We just want to have a nice relaxing vacation.

Thanks in advance.

I go swimming in our local pool twice a day and am one of the very few "clean skins" there. Tatts are so common on both males and females these days that anyone who makes comments about them must live a very sheltered life!!
I wouldn't worry about it. I work with student veterans at the local community college. Most seem to have tattoos. You couldn't meet a nicer bunch of both male and female students. If anyone doesn't like it, that is their problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

What a great conversation starter and in a good way. If your husband doesn't mind talking about them then there is nothing to worry about. Princess Cruises is made up of all kinds of people. That's why its a great cruise line to travel on.

Enjoy your cruise.

If I happen to see your husband on a Princess ship, I'm more likely than not to stop him and say, "great ink, where did you get it'. This usually morphs into the history of each tat and then I do my history of mine. If your hubby is happy, don't worry about it. If he's self-conscious he can always throw on a shirt, but I wouldn't worry. Only thing he can't do is wear a tank or muscle shirt in the dining room. Not sure what negative posts you saw, but I'd guess it might have referenced men or women in the dining room or Horizon Court?

Enjoy, be who you are, and I sure hope I run into on a Princess ship some day.

Maureen

What I or anyone else thinks of your husband's tats is not anyone's business. You paid for your cruise passage and are entitled to the same respect as any other cruiser. If I find them inappropriate, it is my responsibility to keep my mouth shut. If I like them or find them intriguing, I might choose to say something.

I don't see this as any different than some of the attire I've seen on formal nights...the ones that my child commented on when we were back in our room (did you see that lady? You could see her XYZ). It isn't my concern in a public setting nor is it my place to be rude to another guest, no matter what I think for whatever reason.

Thanks to everyone for your responses it was basically a couple of conversations in regards to comparing Princess to other ships like Carnival.They were saying how you will not see people with tattoos, puking, fighting etc on Princess like you do on Carnival. When I read that it made me think WTH he's covered in ink. I never gave it a second thought about what someone would think, we just didn't know if it would cause problems since it seemed this is not the norm for this particular line. Most are Disney tattoos which are very nicely done. They are definatly conversation starters.

Thanks so much.

Most cruise lines require that their crew and officers cover up any tattoos, but there is no rule for the passengers.

Generally, when it comes to discussing Carnival passengers, people tend to stereotype. I think they were trying to point out the "spring-break-college-crowd-doesn't-know-how-to-behave-in-public" type.

As long as your husband acts civil, there won't be a problem.

id never let what other think dictate where i cruise. if you are well behaved and obey all laws then you can do whatever the heck you want or look how you want.

now if he brings the gang patches and hells angels vest and is constantly drunk and starting fights then all bets are off :)

ive never seen a bad tat post on this or any other forum. i'd be interested in seeing why people are afraid of them.

Thanks to everyone for your responses it was basically a couple of conversations in regards to comparing Princess to other ships like Carnival.They were saying how you will not see people with tattoos, puking, fighting etc on Princess like you do on Carnival. When I read that it made me think WTH he's covered in ink. I never gave it a second thought about what someone would think, we just didn't know if it would cause problems since it seemed this is not the norm for this particular line. Most are Disney tattoos which are very nicely done. They are definatly conversation starters.

Thanks so much.

I would be one who would compliment his tats and ask about them. I don't have any, it's more about never having found a design I thought I wanted my whole life though. It's way more about how people act then how they look.

Have a great cruise.

This is our first Princess cruise and very much looking forward to it. We've cruised on Carnival a number of times but find it too rambunctious for us we simply are not partiers, but my husband is tatted all over on his arms, legs and back. I say this because I have found several post where people with tattoos are referenced in a negative way. Should he keep his arms covered as to not draw attention to himself? We just want to have a nice relaxing vacation.

Thanks in advance.

There is too much judgement in this world. Don't let other's ruin your vacation. He shouldn't cover his arms. If someone is that small minded to judge someone for what they look like, body art or anything else, they are the ones with the issue, not you.

I'm 70 years old. People our age aren't quite as used to seeing all-over tattoos so we tend to notice them.. OK ... we sometimes stare at them.

But I would NEVER make an unflattering comment about them. It is none of my business.

I'm not crazy about then and can't quite figure out why people get them. But that's my opinion.

However, I can assure you that I'm not the type to go around confronting people telling them to get rid of them.

I am a great believer of vivre et laisser vivre.

We went on a Princess cruise last year and there were quite a few folks with ink! My cousin has numerous tats and I’m 60 with two tats...never felt out of place or conspicuous! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am fully sleeved, it has never been a problem with those that have spoken to me. Most people are more interested in what they mean or how much it hurt more than anything else.

That being said, yes, I have had some sideways glances from a few people that appeared to be disapproving, but you know, I can't say I care all that much.

If you are on vacation, and watching me lay by the pool because you don't like my tattoos, well, it is your time if you wish to waste it. I assure anyone, the scenery is far more interesting than I will ever be.

In all honesty, I get more low level social negativity from fellow CPA's than I do cruise ship passengers over my ink. I think heavily tattooed accountants are even more rare than heavily tattooed cruise ship passengers.

Your husband should go and enjoy the cruise who cares what people with small minds think.

Just got a great idea don't tell my wife ,thinking about getting Princess logo tattoo with ELITE undeneath it. Look for me on your next Princess cruise

Thanks so much.

They are now very common on Princess ships even in the over 60 group . Last cruise on the Island even saw them on the over 70 group along with bright pink hair.

For those who said it is not the norm for Princess have not been on a Princess cruise lately.

Cruising now is for everyone!

Please go and enjoy your cruise and think no more about it. If they are nicely done as you say then any stares will be admiring.

Thanks in advance.

I think it's interesting that you asked about tatoos, and received a bunch of replies that

it is nobody's business but yours.

Now, if you had asked about wearing shorts to the dining room at dinner time, it would

have suddenly been everyone's business.

Odd.