updates on Child who died from fall?

torcruise

I havent seen any updates. I would guess that if the cruiseline was not at fault...[/url]

Remarkably sad for the family, and one bad decision by the child to climb up and stand on the back of a chair led to her fall. There was nothing that broke, no rail failed and no one pushed her.

Within hours witnesses came forward and made statements that were made public.

Bet that video exists, and Carnival has no obligation to release it to the public. They have cooperated with the police investigation.

I think that sharing video would be disrespectful to the family and in very poor taste. I don't believe that they ever would. I also doubt that Carnival would make any further comment about the accident, for the same reasons. I feel terribly for the family and all who have to live with witnessing this. People arent perfect , children are carefree and accidents sometimes happen =(

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

On the Paradise in December we actually saw a small child climbing on the rail of the atrium like 6 floors up with four adults ignoring her. They grabbed her and got her down when I started looking concerned, but I said to my wife, I bet that is exactly how that happened on the Glory. It only takes a second for a child with no fear. I expect us to have to look through netting one day on the atrium and feel that it is one reason the Vista does not have a tall atrium.

It is unlikely you will hear anything else about it. Once law enforcement determines it isn't a criminal matter they will close their investigation. Traditionally detailed information isn't released in accidental or suicidal events. The public's need to know is outweighed by privacy for the family.

On the Paradise in December we actually saw a small child climbing on the rail of the atrium like 6 floors up with four adults ignoring her. They grabbed her and got her down when I started looking concerned, but I said to my wife, I bet that is exactly how that happened on the Glory. It only takes a second for a child with no fear. I expect us to have to look through netting one day on the atrium and feel that it is one reason the Vista does not have a tall atrium.

Vista doesn't have a tall atrium because they put in an IMax theater.

Pat

Does anyone know where I can find some updates on the story about the child who fell 2 stories on the ship?

Are you related? What kind of update do you want? Parent did not pay attention, child climbed and an unfortunate incident happened that will haunt the parents forever. It's a sad case, and no need to discuss it on a message board. Just let it go.

Then people would start jumping for fun. That would never happen.

This happened in October, back then there was a lot of speculation of what happened. Just wanted to know if there was any updates as to what actually happened. I have a 7 year old daughter so I'm would like to know as much as possible. It was speculated that she was leaning over the rail, climbed up on a ledge, climbed up on a table, or someone pushed her off the elevator. Just like someone said here that the parents was not watching her, but do we know if that is true? But I guess we will never know what actually occurred unless there is a lawsuit.

This happened in October, back then there was a lot of speculation of what happened. Just wanted to know if there was any updates as to what actually happened. I have a 7 year old daughter so I'm would like to know as much as possible. It was speculated that she was leaning over the rail, climbed up on a ledge, climbed up on a table, or someone pushed her off the elevator. Just like someone said here that the parents was not watching her, but do we know if that is true? But I guess we will never know what actually occurred unless there is a lawsuit.

I think it's fairly obvious that no one was watching her, because every one of those potential scenarios you mentioned would/could have been avoided with proper supervision, don't you think? People don't just "fall" over rails. Especially short little six-year-olds.

I read somewhere on this board the little girl was observed trying to talk to family members who were on a deck below so she was leaning over the glass rail of the atrium trying to see the deck underneath her to get her families attention. She was observed with her belly on the ledge, head over the side and feet not touching the ground and flipped over it when she leaned too far. Very sad and unfortunate for the family. I cant imagine losing a child on what is supposed to be a happy family vacation.