Questions about our Enchantment cruise in 4 days!!!

Hello CCers!

So just trying to get last minute info. We are staying in SoBe for two days before and just going to uber over to the port morning of. I usually get to the ship around 9:30 when I go. Is this good for Enchantment out of Miami? We have 12:30 lunch reservations so I'm assuming we will be on around 11ish?

Also do the balconies on Enchantment have glass? I was reading a review of a ships balcony and they said when you sat you didn't see any ocean, just a metal panel where the glass would be.

You would not board much before 11am, so I'd get to the terminal around 10:30am. I don't know how Miami works, but I know that for some terminals (I remember Terminal 10 in Port Canaveral), they won't let you in if you get there too early.

As in the pic, I believe the balconies are about 1/3 metal, 2/3 glass. Not a big deal. As for boarding, arriving at 9:30 will likely put you in the crowd still trying to depart from the previous cruise. We always get to the port around 11. I think 10:30 as Bob said, would be the earliest I would suggest arriving. Here's a link to a recent video of an Enchantment Balcony Cabin.

We did Enchantment last summer. We arrived by taxi from airport to port at 10:30. We stood in line for 15 minutes, then through security. It took about 10 more minutes to get sea passes, then about 5 minutes in a holding area then on board right at 11. Most of the bars were up and going and a band started around 12. Our room was ready about 1pm. It's a fun ship despite its age. I recommend Don Don in the main dining room if he's available.

We just left EOS this morning. We got an Uber and arrived at the port about 10:06 on Monday, according to my photos. We were on our way up the escalator to the ship at 11:02 pm.

We did Chops for lunch at 12:30 the and it was lovely, quiet. I would certainly do that again.

We had an interior stateroom so I can’t answer your balcony question.

Hi,

I'm sailing on the Enchantment on the 19th :D. Anyone know what parts of the ships have the best VOOM Surf + Stream connection? Reliable, strong, best for streaming? I'm on deck 3 forward in an oceanview stateroom and wondering if having a room on a low floor will affect the quality of the internet.

Would the Internet cafe ever let me use my own laptop and Ethernet cable? I need to be "live" using Adobe Connect for 1 hour while we're in Nassau so I'm trying to figure out if it's best to use the ship's internet or go off in port.

Thank you :)

We just left EOS this morning. We got an Uber and arrived at the port about 10:06 on Monday, according to my photos. We were on our way up the escalator to the ship at 11:02 pm.

We did Chops for lunch at 12:30 the and it was lovely, quiet. I would certainly do that again.

We had an interior stateroom so I can’t answer your balcony question.

"about 10:06" LOL ;p;p

You will not be able to connect your laptop to the ship's network via wired connection. I'd go off in port if you have the chance.

Thank your for the info! You are like the RC guru :)

Luckily we're docked in Nassau until 11:59 PM so I'll have plenty of time off to get off the ship. Do you think Wifi in Nassau will be better than Wifi on the ship while in port?

I was thinking about getting a day pass to one of the hotels on Cable Beach to use their amenities and internet. I'm looking into Melia, Sheraton, Breezes, Sandals, Hilton British Colonial.

Cell phone service should not be an issue since AT&T offers an international package of $10 a day or $60 a month.

We do! We opted for the trolley tour.

If you guys like good food I'd suggest looking up a shop called Glazed Donuts. Also a food stand, #1 rated food in all of KW, Garbos Grill. And don't miss getting chocolate covered keylime pie on a stick. KW is filled with gorgeous art galleries you can stroll in and out of on Duval St. Skip the slushy machine sugar margaritas and find a good mojito, you won't have to look too hard.

Luckily we're docked in Nassau until 11:59 PM so I'll have plenty of time off to get off the ship. Do you think Wifi in Nassau will be better than Wifi on the ship while in port?

I was thinking about getting a day pass to one of the hotels on Cable Beach to use their amenities and internet. I'm looking into Melia, Sheraton, Breezes, Sandals, Hilton British Colonial.

Cell phone service should not be an issue since AT&T offers an international package of $10 a day or $60 a month.

Thru ATT you can have a 24 hour access rate ($10 before your local taxes) of talk, text and data. You can sign up for it before you travel and it will only start when you take your phone off of airplane mode. You can then use your device on the ship (must be docked so you don't hook into the cellular at sea network) and off the ship. (The Hilton is an easy walk from the port, past the straw market.)

Luckily we're docked in Nassau until 11:59 PM so I'll have plenty of time off to get off the ship. Do you think Wifi in Nassau will be better than Wifi on the ship while in port? ... .

Yes, the latency will be much less with a land WiFi connection.

If you guys like good food I'd suggest looking up a shop called Glazed Donuts. Also a food stand, #1 rated food in all of KW, Garbos Grill. And don't miss getting chocolate covered keylime pie on a stick. KW is filled with gorgeous art galleries you can stroll in and out of on Duval St. Skip the slushy machine sugar margaritas and find a good mojito, you won't have to look too hard.

Awesome thank you!!!

Thru ATT you can have a 24 hour access rate ($10 before your local taxes) of talk, text and data. You can sign up for it before you travel and it will only start when you take your phone off of airplane mode. You can then use your device on the ship (must be docked so you don't hook into the cellular at sea network) and off the ship. (The Hilton is an easy walk from the port, past the straw market.)

I was thinking of purchasing a day pass to the Hilton to use their beach, Wifi and other amenities. I emailed them but haven't received a reply back. Have you been there? Do you recommend it over the other hotels with day passes?

Thank you for this information :). I've read Starbucks near the port has Wifi or I'll go to one of the hotels on Cable Beach.

Yes, we've used that Starbucks before, but they do want you to buy something. Also, ask if the internet is working before you buy anything because we've been burnt there before.

• 2 weeks later...