Did the price of a coke go up?

asalligo

You mean "1 soda"... 12 packs regularly go on sale at Walmart/Target for about $2.50 each!

Where I live yes and you're absolutely right. I've said that several times in the past and people argued that a 12pk of soda cost 6-8$ (I've never seen them that high but meh..) I just tried to save the hassle this time. :halo:

Where I live yes and you're absolutely right. I've said that several times in the past and people argued that a 12pk of soda cost 6-8$ (I've never seen them that high but meh..) I just tried to save the hassle this time. :halo:

I fly to the port, so trying to get a 12 pk of soda with out having to get a taxi, I don't complain when I spend $6-8 at a convienence store close to our hotel the night before. Last time we had to pay $6.99 for a 2 pack. Still a better deal than 12 Cokes onboard.

I fly in to the port, so trying to get a 12 pk of soda with out having to get a taxi, I don't complain when I spend $6-8 at a convienence store close to our hotel the night before. Last time we had to pay $6.99 for a 2 pack. Still a better deal than 12 Cokes onboard.

Totally agree, their prices are ridiculous. We always fly into port also and have our Uber driver stop somewhere so we can get a few 12pks.

We have always purchased Bottomless Bubbles in the past and it is back to being cost effective with the price increase, but last cruise we took on two 12 packs, I think that is our plan from now on. I will still buy it for the under 18 set, they only have to drink two to break even.

Out here 12 packs are 4/$10 must buy four. Otherwise you have to pay $6-$8 each. Many times don’t want that much soda lying around.

Buy the bubbles package. Its about $8 a day for unlimited soda. A few times they gave me a can. I know its still a rip off but you can easily get enough soda to make it a buck a soda.

Is that the goal?

I don't think it has. I've been paying about $250 for a kilo for the last few years, and it hasn't changed.

First post of the day to get a giggle out of me!!! Thanks still at work on a Friday afternoon and needed that....:p

It was $2.50 + 15% (2.88) on Splendor, Miracle, and more.

This isn't too much of a difference from any restaurant you go in to. I believe at Outback last night a Coke was 2.89. Of course you get free refills but my wife has never finished a pop at a restaurant, I get 2-3.

I would say they are about average to what you would pay at a bar or a restaurant or slightly above average. But remember, this is just like a floating island where things are going to be a premium. Ever been to Hawaii? The fact that you can get unlimited for 7.00 a day is good deal.

Buy the bubbles package. Its about $8 a day for unlimited soda. A few times they gave me a can. I know its still a rip off but you can easily get enough soda to make it a buck a soda.

Hi

So the thought is to try and drink eight pop a day so you don't feel like you are being "ripped off"? I don't know...sounds like the people who try to drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day to get their "money's worth" out of the Cheers package. That all makes as much sense as sitting at the buffet and eating until you are sick.

I can't understand when people compare the prices on a ship with the prices at Walmart (I know the old story about Carnival being the Walmart of cruise lines) and say it is a rip off. If you want to compare prices of anything on a cruise line you should compare it to the price on another cruise line. You don't go to a restaurant and compare the price with what you pay at Walmart. If you don't want to pay the price to eat at a restaurant nobody is forcing you, you can eat at home. Complaining that prices are going up is pointless. There has been very low inflation for at least the last ten years, I would imagine that's going to be changing. Just save a little more before you go on vacation so you don't feel you need to drink 8 pop a day to feel you are getting your money's worth. It will be easier on your body.

Not sure where I got ripped off. I paid $2,600 for a 7 day grand suite, we didn't buy any excursions from Carnival, bought very little alcohol, less than $100. We received two bottles of wine from Carnival HQ. We attended one Chef's table @ $75 each, bought four steakhouse dinners and Carnival HQ comp'd two steakhouse dinners. Gave extra tips to Cabin stewards. Didn't pay for any other food or shopping. Where did I get ripped off? I got a cruise with a lot of cutbacks but can't see how I got ripped off.

Hi

I am not sure what you are saying. You are willing to pay $2600 for your cabin for a week, but you think paying $8 a day for the bubbles package is a rip off.