RCI is doing Schoolies cruises in Australia's summer of 2018

rkmw

Just wondering if this is normal to be running 3 schoolies cruises from Australia in our summer of 2018

these 3 cruises are on the Ovation and EOS in november 2018

lot of talk on facebook that people dont like them and some are going to cancel out

p&o australia did do them before but they stopped them because the schoolies did too much damage to the ships

Just wondering if this is normal to be running 3 schoolies cruises from Australia in our summer of 2018

lot of talk on facebook that people dont like them and some are going to cancel out

p&o australia did do them before but they stopped them because the schoolies did too much damage to the ships

Please translate into English. :D

If I knew, I would not have asked.

in Australia once the school kids have done 12 years of schooling they have one long week of partying and they can do a lot of damage due to being full on booze and maybe drugs

if they have extra security onboard to keep an eye on things

no other aussie ships will have them because of those reasons but they can still cruise but they must have an adult in the cabin too

in Australia once the school kids have done 12 years of schooling they have one long week of partying and they can do a lot of damage due to being full on booze and maybe drugs

if they have extra security onboard to keep an eye on things

no other aussie ships will have them because of those reasons but they can still cruise but they must have an adult in the cabin too

Wow, I would definitely want to avoid that. Sounds like our Spring break cruises in the US.

It's just like Spring Break but these kids have just finished year 12, so it's a celebration of them finishing high school.

I have to say, they all seem to have a great time and there are some that ruin it for everyone. Not all the kids overdo on Alcohol or do drugs or damage accommodation but as is usual in situations like that, all you hear about is those that do.

Wow, I would definitely want to avoid that. Sounds like our Spring break cruises in the US.

It's a lot like college spring break blowout parties but on a ship or HS graduation parties onboard a ship here in the states. The big difference is that the legal drink age in Oz is 18.

Explain please.. I understand you said it's kids out of High school(12th grade). So is it a Charter? If not how could a cruise line stop paying passengers from organizing a group from taking a cruise? Just asking as your question is like Royal is organizing it, and stating another cruise line stopped them. Just curious. We are lucky here in USA, age restrictions & drinking is 21, so not likely we would have graduating High School kids taking over a ship, unless they have their parents with them... Now older college kids on shorter Caribbean cruise during Spring Break...I wouldn't cruise on that ship..

Explain please.. I understand you said it's kids out of High school(12th grade). So is it a Charter? If not how could a cruise line stop paying passengers from organizing a group from taking a cruise? Just asking as your question is like Royal is organizing it, and stating another cruise line stopped them. Just curious. We are lucky here in USA, age restrictions & drinking is 21, so not likely we would have graduating High School kids taking over a ship, unless they have their parents with them... Now older college kids on shorter Caribbean cruise during Spring Break...I wouldn't cruise on that ship..

i hope this explains it to you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schoolies_week

its not a charter so they can book who ever they like on the cruise but some schoolies get out of hand

I've heard about Schoolies from Australian friends of ours. I would definitely NOT want to be on one of those cruises. Just as I wouldn't want to visit any of the Greek resorts which UK kids congregate at after exams. Utter mayhem :eek::eek:

I just panicked as I'm sailing Explorer in November (Nov 7). HUGE sigh of relief finding out the Schoolies cruise is the one directly after mine (Nov 16). Honestly would have cancelled.

Actually we might change it to November 7 lol.

It’s only a informal one about 15 graduates and some of thier families you wouldn’t have to worry.