Room service

:eek: OMG!!! I've been gone too long! I love my coffee and fruit/pastries in the morning while on the deck... for $7.95 plus 18% gratuity! I thought there was only a charge after midnight or something like that.

:eek: OMG!!! I've been gone too long! I love my coffee and fruit/pastries in the morning while on the deck... for $7.95 plus 18% gratuity! I thought there was only a charge after midnight or something like that.

Continental breakfast is still complimentary.

We were charged $8.59 for our breakfast room service on Freedom in June out of Barcelona which had Value Added Tax included.

I have previously posted a photo showing this on our seapass account.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Was the "value added tax" because you sailed out of Barcelona? My understanding was $7.95 plus 18% bringing the total charge to $9.26 (continental breakfast free but with additional charge if you order Mimosas and/or Bloody Marys.) (However, I assume these are also free if you purchased the deluxe beverage package).I believe you tip for delivery for the free continental breakfast and I believe that amount is at your discretion.

Was the "value added tax" because you sailed out of Barcelona? My understanding was $7.95 plus 18% bringing the total charge to $9.26 (continental breakfast free but with additional charge if you order Mimosas and/or Bloody Marys.) (However, I assume these are also free if you purchased the deluxe beverage package).I believe you tip for delivery for the free continental breakfast and I believe that amount is at your discretion.

It was vat added to the breakfast room service plus vat was added to every other type of purchase onboard.

We get the hot breakfast every morning and sit on our balcony.

I always give the server $3 tip.

I would be keen to hear from anyone who has breakfast room service if the 18% gratuity is now added onto the $7.95 charge.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Coffee and pastries are still free in the morning. Hot breakfast and other meals have a service charge.

The continental breakfast is still free. It’s the ONLY thing that’s free with their room service. But the $7.95 charge is a service fee. You can order as much food as you want, and it will still be only $7.95. Not a bad deal. But don’t be alarmed, your coffee and pastries in the morning are still free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

(continental breakfast free but with additional charge if you order Mimosas and/or Bloody Marys.) (However, I assume these are also free if you purchased the deluxe beverage package).

You cannot use the Beverage Package with Room Service. You will be charged the price of the drink.

You cannot use the Beverage Package with Room Service. You will be charged the price of the drink.

So since I am paying for the drink package but still want to sit in peace and quiet on my balcony with my croissants and beverages.... can I go somewhere on the ship to get the mimosas and or bloody marys and bring them back to my cabin? If so, what venues are open that early to get them from? I just do not want to pay for drinks twice.

So since I am paying for the drink package but still want to sit in peace and quiet on my balcony with my croissants and beverages.... can I go somewhere on the ship to get the mimosas and or bloody marys and bring them back to my cabin? If so, what venues are open that early to get them from? I just do not want to pay for drinks twice.

Usually there is a bar area in or near Windjammer open early.

Thanks for the info.

Just curious about the extra tipping when the gratuity for a drink is already added... Are you talking like a dollar a drink or more? I hate being cheap and like to tip well, but ya know hubby will think otherwise haha.

Thanks for the info.

Just curious about the extra tipping when the gratuity for a drink is already added... Are you talking like a dollar a drink or more? I hate being cheap and like to tip well, but ya know hubby will think otherwise haha.

We usually tip a dollar or two per drink.