FLL taxi question.

Decpl

In the past we have always use Princess ground transportation to and from ship. From airport it always seemed we had a long wait to fill bus. I was thinking of using taxi this time. Is it quick and whats the coast for 2 people if any one knows.

Thanks

We’ve always used taxi at FLL (& do transfers elsewhere) because it’s so close and there are always tons of taxi’s waiting just outside. The fare for 2 people & bags should run no more than $14-15 (+ tip) If the charge is more, they’re trying to take you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know how much would cost be for a taxi or uber from FLl port to Miami? Family of 4. Thank you

From PE to Miami airport? From FLL airport to POM? From PE to POM? Your post is a little confusing to me. :confused:

For 4 plus normal bags you'll need either a Van/SUV taxi or an UberXL (which will likely also be either a mini-van or an SUV). Taxi fare will be close to $70 on the meter, plus tip and UberXL fare will be about the same.

You can save a few $ by using one of the shared shuttles from FLL to POM and downtown Miami hotels for about $15 per person - some give discounts for families/groups. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others.

Have a great cruise! :D

WA4 4NSF

From PE to Miami airport? From FLL airport to POM? From PE to POM? Your post is a little confusing to me. :confused:

For 4 plus normal bags you'll need either a Van/SUV taxi or an UberXL (which will likely also be either a mini-van or an SUV). Taxi fare will be close to $70 on the meter, plus tip and UberXL fare will be about the same.

You can save a few $ by using one of the shared shuttles from FLL to POM and downtown Miami hotels for about $15 per person - some give discounts for families/groups. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others.

Have a great cruise! :D

So sorry if it is confusing, I am from UK, we are cruising from Fort Lauder and back to same port, then we have a day/ night in a hotel in Miami before we pick up another cruise from Miami, there are actually seven of us, but I said family of four as I thought would give me an indication of price from that x 2. But you mentioned shuttle service, would that be something we could use?

Thanks for your input

WA4 4NSF

So sorry if it is confusing, I am from UK, we are cruising from Fort Lauder and back to same port, then we have a day/ night in a hotel in Miami before we pick up another cruise from Miami, there are actually seven of us, but I said family of four as I thought would give me an indication of price from that x 2. But you mentioned shuttle service, would that be something we could use?

Thanks for your input

Taxi from the FLL airport to Port Everglades will be about $15+tip -- same price for an SUV/mini-van taxi; for 7 plus bags you'll need to split into two taxis. There will be a line of taxis waiting at the airport.

From PE to your Miami hotel you'll again need two van/SUV type taxis or two UberXLs to handle all 7 plus bags - expect to pay about $70+tip per taxi/UberXL. You might be able to squeeze 7 plus bags into one UberXL and one standard UberX -- the UberX fare will be about 40-50% less or so than the UberXL fare.

From downtown Miami hotels to the Port of Miami you will again need two taxis or UberXLs; expect to pay about $12-14 per taxi/UberXL

After the second cruise - I envy you for having the time off to do two almost back to back cruises ;) - are you flying out from MIA or FLL? :confused: The taxi fare from POM to MIA airport is fixed at $27+tip (same price for the larger SUV/van cabs as for the standard cabs) -- you'll again need two taxis. If you need to get back to the FLL airport you will need two SUV/van taxis and the fare will again be about $70+tip per cab. The fare for using UberXL will be about the same as for the van/SUV taxis.

I prefer using Uber or Lyft over taxis most of the time -- in general I get better service, enjoy a cleaner ride, and never have an issue with the fare. The trade-off is that sometimes you might need to wait 5-10 minutes for a car to show up instead of taking the first taxi in the line. It's your call.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint! I prefer whatever bitter your local pours! :D

Taxi from the FLL airport to Port Everglades will be about $15+tip -- same price for an SUV/mini-van taxi; for 7 plus bags you'll need to split into two taxis. There will be a line of taxis waiting at the airport.

From PE to your Miami hotel you'll again need two van/SUV type taxis or two UberXLs to handle all 7 plus bags - expect to pay about $70+tip per taxi/UberXL. You might be able to squeeze 7 plus bags into one UberXL and one standard UberX -- the UberX fare will be about 40-50% less or so than the UberXL fare.

From downtown Miami hotels to the Port of Miami you will again need two taxis or UberXLs; expect to pay about $12-14 per taxi/UberXL

After the second cruise - I envy you for having the time off to do two almost back to back cruises ;) - are you flying out from MIA or FLL? :confused: The taxi fare from POM to MIA airport is fixed at $27+tip (same price for the larger SUV/van cabs as for the standard cabs) -- you'll again need two taxis. If you need to get back to the FLL airport you will need two SUV/van taxis and the fare will again be about $70+tip per cab. The fare for using UberXL will be about the same as for the van/SUV taxis.

I prefer using Uber or Lyft over taxis most of the time -- in general I get better service, enjoy a cleaner ride, and never have an issue with the fare. The trade-off is that sometimes you might need to wait 5-10 minutes for a car to show up instead of taking the first taxi in the line. It's your call.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint! I prefer whatever bitter your local pours! :D

t

Thank you for your detailed reply. After our second cruise, we have an overnight stay in Miami again, then a flight from Miami, have a pint waiting for you in my local, cheers