Caviar still served on Celebrity?

BTwurddle

We are sailing on Summit out of San Juan on the Caribbean/Bermuda repositioning in April. Does anyone know if caviar is served or available on board? Just wondering if anyone happens to know. Thanks in advance for any replies and happy cruising everyone!

We are sailing on Summit out of San Juan on the Caribbean/Bermuda repositioning in April. Does anyone know if caviar is served or available on board? Just wondering if anyone happens to know. Thanks in advance for any replies and happy cruising everyone!

I think we saw it in Luminae but in the rest of the ship, I don't think so. Not sure about the specialty restaurants as this is not something I would look for.

I have not seen it offered anywhere on Summit in a long time. It used to be offered in the Martini Bar!! They had a whole menu printed up! But I don't even recall it being offered in Luminae.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jcpc

Sailed on Summit and Infinity fairly recently; on Summit room service had an upcharge item that they advertised as being an Osetra caviar topped smoked salmon omelette. What was served was masago. For people who don’t know the difference, Osetra is true caviar and is extremely expensive (as it is rare) and considered a luxury food item. Masago is a VERY common fish roe that is dirt cheap (as in less than 1% the cost of Osetra) and tastes nothing like Osetra.

Luminae called a couple items caviar, but were also just common roe such as salmon roe. This ismunfortunately a theme on Celebrity (calling ingredients rare luxury items, i.e. morel mushrooms, truffles, Kobe beef - and serving cheap substitutes).

If you do see “caviar” as an upcharge on Celebrity, make sure you know what the real deal is or else you may be paying $$$ for a dirt cheap substitute.

The vodka bar that is near the Martini bar ( Towards the bow close to the aisle) has a menu for caviar with the prices so I am sure that they sell it. Never seen anyone having. I think the bar is called Crush.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The vodka bar that is near the Martini bar ( Towards the bow close to the aisle) has a menu for caviar with the prices so I am sure that they sell it. Never seen anyone having. I think the bar is called Crush.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

I haven’t noticed the caviar menu at Crush on my past few cruises on Summit. Maybe it’s still there and I just didn’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven’t noticed the caviar menu at Crush on my past few cruises on Summit. Maybe it’s still there and I just didn’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn’t see it at Crush on Summit or Infinity - didn’t ask anybody, but there was not a menu or advertisement visible when I took a gander. Even sealed caviar had a relatively short shelf life (generally couple weeks to couple months depending on how it is sealed - and shorter if not properly stored), so if it exists, but is scarcely utilized, I’d be concerned about the status.