Code Red?

die_hard

Some people have reported trying to book Allure for Feb 18th sailing, but reservations being closed. When they called RC, they a ‘code red’ was going. Not sure what is. Any ideas?

If you mean Feb 2019, then that could be a charter. If you mean 2018, then I'm stumped. Hope it does not get cancelled this close in.

Mine too, but I cannot imagine being notified of a charter less than a week before my cruise.

Makes me wonder too. I booked this past Saturday with no issues. I booked a guarantee but have not been assigned a room yet. Others tried to book later in the day Saturday and couldn’t, with an explanation of this ‘code red’. Curious what’s going on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Makes me wonder too. I booked this past Saturday with no issues. I booked a guarantee but have not been assigned a room yet. Others tried to book later in the day Saturday and couldn’t, with an explanation of this ‘code red’. Curious what’s going on.

Code Red. Charter of Full, don't sell anymore. Booking a Guarantee you can get room assignment right away, later, or even at port when boarding...

• 11 months later...

Code Red means that the sailing is closed to any new bookings. It can be closed for a variety of reasons, such as a major itinerary change, the cruise is being cancelled or the cruise is being chartered. It can also be code red if they are doing a major pricing review.  Simply it just stops new people booking. 

Edited by little britain

On 2/12/2018 at 8:30 PM, die_hard said:

Some people have reported trying to book Allure for Feb 18th sailing, but reservations being closed. When they called RC, they a ‘code red’ was going. Not sure what is. Any ideas?

2/18 or 2/17/19? We sail on 2/17/19 on Allure. Have not received any notice of anything going on.