Wrinkled Clothes? Any tips or tricks you use?

Heatherco

Over the years, we've acquired clothing that doesn't wrinkle that goes in our "cruise closet" for dinner. Dress shirts are sent to the dry cleaner and I leave them in the bag and it's folded and placed on top in the luggage. Shorts and t-shirts just don't have wrinkles that can't be smoothed out with Downy Wrinke Release. If there is a wrinkle, in spite of this, it's ok. I don't even think twice about it.

Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

Pack clothes in plastic (dry cleaner type) bags.

Agree Bob. But a tip I learned here on CC. Bring an empty spray bottle. Also bring a dryer sheet (fabric softener sheet). Once in your cabin put the dryer sheet in the spray bottle and fill with water. Instant wrinkle releaser. No need to carry or pack a full liquid bottle. Really works. Try at home if you are skeptical!

Agree Bob. But a tip I learned here on CC. Bring an empty spray bottle. Also bring a dryer sheet (fabric softener sheet). Once in your cabin put the dryer sheet in the spray bottle and fill with water. Instant wrinkle releaser. No need to carry or pack a full liquid bottle. Really works. Try at home if you are skeptical!

Great idea, thanks!

Great idea!! At home I put some liquid Downy in a spray bottle and add warm water. I have a small bottle of wrinkle free but will bring a sheet also!

Thank you!! Oh the things you learn by reading CC!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also swear by packing cubes, as they keep clothing from shifting in the suitcase, but try googling "military roll" on Youtube. It is very simple to do, and keeps all my tops wrinkle-free until I unpack them. You end up with a shirt shaped like a burrito, and nesting them in the cube really does save space. Note: I have never been able to master this with pants, although they say it can be done.

Do you still use this method when you are flying out to take a cruise? Have you ever had any problems with security screening?

We do this also (it works) and I'm not sure why you think there would be a problem?:)

This time around, I am bringing a white linen dress. Just got it back from the cleaners and it's already wrinkled :mad:, do you all think the downy wrinkle release will work on it?

Are you sure you want to bring the linen dress? It will probably be wrinkled by the time you reach the dining room. :(

For a very nominal fee, you can get your things pressed. We board, I take my wrinkled items, usually for formal night, and set them out to have them pressed. They are returned to you the next evening. Worth the money.

Do you still use this method when you are flying out to take a cruise? Have you ever had any problems with security screening?

I do use this method when flying and have not ever had any problems with security screening. My clothes are usually in the suitcase for a couple of days too as I fly to Florida a couple of days before the cruise. I have a tendency to take more clothes than I need, so it's easy to repack and the bags keep the dirty clothes away from the clean ones.

I too hate wrinkles and purchased Joy’s mini steamer from HSN. It’s small and super powerful. Someone always needs it on a formal night.

I thought these were to be confiscated at embarkment.

Sounds like a great idea and I am going to try it. I don't have a spray bottle but I'll get one and try your suggestion.

On some ships we have been on we call the front desk and they send an iron and ironing board to our cabin for an hour or two. I sure miss having a self-serve laundry room like we used to have on some ships. My husband liked to go there daily to iron something and all the women made a big fuss over him for doing his own ironing and occasionally something of mine as well.

Great idea!! At home I put some liquid Downy in a spray bottle and add warm water. I have a small bottle of wrinkle free but will bring a sheet also!

Sounds good. Do you spray the water/dryer sheet on dry clothes? How much do you spray on? Then hang in shower?

Not quite sure how this works? Would appreciate a bit more info.

NJ

I am don’t like wrinkles so I use my wife’s flat iron. It take a bit to get the hang, but it is an iron. Just make sure you wipe it off before hand as it had residue from hair products. Just be careful as it can mess up your stuff if you hold too long in one spot. What I do is grab a sleeve, press tongs and pull shirt arms. It takes 1 pass to get them out. DONT hold in one spot. ***The use of this method can result in non-wrinkled cloths, incorrect use can damage your items. We will not be held responsible for any damages incurred from improper use of this method.****

Sounds good. Do you spray the water/dryer sheet on dry clothes? How much do you spray on? Then hang in shower?

Not quite sure how this works? Would appreciate a bit more info.

NJ

The home-made wrinkle release I described works exactly like the store-bought stuff. Just spray a little to wet the wrinkles and pull on the material a bit. Let dry.

This time around, I am bringing a white linen dress. Just got it back from the cleaners and it's already wrinkled :mad:, do you all think the downy wrinkle release will work on it?

Think you could send it out for pressing. I have found dry cleaning cost on ship is less than at home.