Wrinkled Clothes? Any tips or tricks you use?

Heatherco

We are leaving today for a cruise Saturday on Freedom. Since I am traveling with three teens who pack their own luggage, I know even some of the things I told them to iron will probably be wrinkled by the time we board.:')

Since we are not allowed to bring a travel iron, do you have any other tips other than hanging clothes in steamy bathroom or sending out to be ironed?

Curious if there is a magic trick I can use so my kids don't look like wrinkled messes.;p

I don't know if teens will pack this way, but for my DH and I cruising, we do bundle wrap packing(onebag.com for instructions.) I also use packing cubes for the non wrinkle clothes and roll those. My grandchildren pack their own luggage for mainly road trips, and have found packing each outfit in a gallon ziplock or some other plastic bag works for them. When they take off that days clothes, they put them back in a bag dirty. We have also packed formal wear in plastic dry clean bags to avoid wrinkles.

The teens will have fun even in wrinkled clothes!:D

My Grandson and a friend of his (both in early 20's) are cruising with us and while he's a seasoned cruiser, and knows all the tricks with the dry cleaning bags, steaming in the bathroom and Downy, I'm sure we will see both of them in wrinkled clothes at some point during the cruise. My Grandson can't seem to pack until the night before we leave and I honestly think he just tosses his clothes in the general direction of his suitcase.We now try to just look at his smiling face across from us at dinner instead of his clothes.

Mostly nobody will care but I am like you I don't like wrinkled clothes. We are in scrubs all week so we like to dress while cruising. All of the above ideas are all great but I carry a small travel steamer to finish of any stubborn creases. If you find yourself traveling a lot invest in some travel clothing. Things that can go days without smelling, wrinkling and can be washed in the shower and dry overnight. We were in Europe with just a carry on for 26 days. Looked sharp the whole time.

My wife lays everything neatly on top of one another; as for me I roll just about everything tightly and believe it or not no wrinkles for either one of us. As soon as luggage arrives hang up the pertinent items and place in drawers the other items, all has been fine. And I might add we are neat freaks and she irons almost every thing we ware to work, etc.

We don't take clothes that wrinkle easily. As for our evening clothes, we roll and use dry cleaning bags. Once hung up, esp if there's humidity, most wrinkles fall out. We unpack as soon as our luggage arrives. I'm always amazed by the bags still sitting outside cabins an hour or more after sailaway. I hate 100% cotton and linen which both wrinkle very easily so we don't take anything made of it.

I pretty much never iron at home unless we're going to a funeral or wedding and have something that really needs it. Our work clothes and dress clothes go to the dry cleaners and I let them iron them.

I pack my clothes on hangers and then cover them with dry cleaner bags. The bags keep my clothes from wrinkling. It also makes for easy unpacking.

Do you still use this method when you are flying out to take a cruise? Have you ever had any problems with security screening?