Code Bravo

steelernation1

So instead of yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE - the crew applauds the smoke fire and mirrors with BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO.

Odd but no panic !

I have heard PA calls for something like (Bright) ANGEL and a number - presume that that is a medical call

and the number is the cabin number to go to for the assistance.

Would suppose that there are quite a number of coded announcements none of which is to disturb the

passengers but to get personnel to attend to a problem.

On the NCL Getaway last week and heard two announcements for a Code Bravo. Anyone know what the meaning is?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Alpha is medical emergency

Brovo, something (hopefully small) is burning. Or some idiot smoking/vaping in their room tripping a smoke detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alpha is medical emergency

We had an in incredibly public Alpha on Dawn last summer, a rope snapped during the aerialist show and the performer dropped 10-15 feet onto the stage on her back. Crew reassured anyone who asked throughout the week that she was bumped and bruised but OK.

Biological hazard......maybe someone threw up on the pool deck?

Hmmm! Not sure if it was related, but soon after they also called for a stretcher. It was our day in Milford Sound. The ship also stopped and we then saw a tender going ashore at the end of Milford Sound. We assumed they were evacuating someone. I knew Code Alpha was a medical emergency, but it was definitely Code Delta that was called prior to the evacuation by tender.

Zulu Zulu Zulu means a fight or altercation has broken out, which would explain the police presence at the dock.

Zulu call + Alpha call + ambulance + police = not just a little drunken scuffle, somebody got hurt. Apparently serious enough for someone to be taken into custody.

I heard Zulu Zulu Zulu and Alpha Alpha Alpha on the Escape in October. Then the ship arrived way early on the last day.

Ambulance and police were at the dock.

Using the highly reliable Wikipedia, Zulu appears to be a code for a fight in progress. If they were used together I suspect whoever was on the losing end was in bad shape.

What is Code Delta? - that was called on the Jewel last cruise.
Breach of the hull. Was it a drill?

Dexddd, I believe, got this one ... hopefully, it was a crew only drill on the Jewel sailing.

Was the Jewel anchored or berthed, or more likely sailing thru shallow water near the shorelines ?? or possibly at a tender port ??

Code Delta for NCL, is supposed to indicate inspect/brace for possible / damages to the ship's superstructure, i.e. when the Dawn ran up onto the coral reef in Bermuda 2 years ago - coded call over PA immediately and overheard by pax onboard, subsequently reported out.

For those doing a BTS tour soon, as you walk down I-95 and past the ship's detailed deck plans & diagrams, one of the many safety placard nearby has the "codes" for reference.

We had an in incredibly public Alpha on Dawn last summer, a rope snapped during the aerialist show and the performer dropped 10-15 feet onto the stage on her back. Crew reassured anyone who asked throughout the week that she was bumped and bruised but OK.

How absolutely horrible. Glad she was O.K.

Dexddd, I believe, got this one ... hopefully, it was a crew only drill on the Jewel sailing.

Was the Jewel anchored or berthed, or more likely sailing thru shallow water near the shorelines ?? or possibly at a tender port ??

Code Delta for NCL, is supposed to indicate inspect/brace for possible / damages to the ship's superstructure, i.e. when the Dawn ran up onto the coral reef in Bermuda 2 years ago - coded call over PA immediately and overheard by pax onboard, subsequently reported out.

For those doing a BTS tour soon, as you walk down I-95 and past the ship's detailed deck plans & diagrams, one of the many safety placard nearby has the "codes" for reference.

No it wasn’t a drill. It was called as we sailed mid afternoon in Milford Sound. Soon after they called for a stretcher near the Medical Centre. We also saw someone transported off and sent ashore using a ship tender and loaded onto a small plane. Assuming both incidents were related. The Captain was asked at the Q&A the next day about the passenger (assuming it was a passenger). He said he had heard from the person involved, he was in hospital and was going to be operated on later that day.

No it wasn’t a drill. It was called as we sailed mid afternoon in Milford Sound. Soon after they called for a stretcher near the Medical Centre. We also saw someone transported off and sent ashore using a ship tender and loaded onto a small plane. Assuming both incidents were related. The Captain was asked at the Q&A the next day about the passenger (assuming it was a passenger). He said he had heard from the person involved, he was in hospital and was going to be operated on later that day.

I wonder if it was some sort of intestinal issue (appendix, gall bladder) that caused them to vomit on their way to the medical center, prompting the Delta, but were attended to without the need for an Alpha to alert the ship’s medical staff