Free Wow band for JS?

888sydney

Has there been a policy change regarding free Wow bands for JS?

2 years ago, was provided free on Ovation in JS.

On recent cruise, still in JS. DId not get them in the room. Called and officer said yes we should get them.

Was passing by Loyalty desk and figured that I ask the ambassador and she said No!!!

Told her that we were given. She reluctantly gave them to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Policy now (and has been for some time) is only free for GS and above.

Personally I don't care for them and wouldn't wear one even if given to me free.

The LA gave them to you since you asked and it was obviously at their discretion.

Policy now (and has been for some time) is only free for GS and above.

Personally I don't care for them and wouldn't wear one even if given to me free.

The LA gave them to you since you asked and it was obviously at their discretion.

No. The OP is correct. They have always been given to JS and up.

Ok. Let me amend my statement.

On Quantum and Anthem, JS have always been given complimentary WOW bands.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And the Ovation from Singapore last April. I had to go to the desk, but they gave it to me instantly.

JC

Unfortunately, even on Quantum JS also have not always been given complimentary WOW bands.

Could it be an Asian or Australian sailings thing? I know on the Ovation I had to ask they were not in my cabin.

As far as the whole white tan line thing. Since I wear long sleeve rashgaurds while flowriding, and the fact that I frequently get berated by my dermatologist. Not to mention I wear my Apple Watch constantly (except on the flowrider). My goal is always to get as little tan as possible. I never sit in the sun at the pool, and when I am in the flowrider line I am wearing a hat. So white striped wrists are not a problem. I did find it somewhat helpful after flowriding to open the door with it, and since on the Ovation we had a strange hump angle cabin with a solo traveler cabin wedged between our cabin and the hall way, I actually had to unlock two doors each time I returned to the cabin, that they were useful. Plus the whole, I might be in a suite thing and your not, might be a desireable option for some folks. :evilsmile: I can’t imagine at the premium we paid for our Sea Class Jr Suite that they are going to begrudge someone a cheap wrist band.:confused:

JMHOs and YMMV

JC

Could it be an Asian or Australian sailings thing? I know on the Ovation I had to ask they were not in my cabin.

Could certainly be - but as the OP was referring to Australian cruises thought it best to point out it's not always standard.

As far as the whole white tan line thing. Since I wear long sleeve rashgaurds while flowriding, and the fact that I frequently get berated by my dermatologist. Not to mention I wear my Apple Watch constantly (except on the flowrider). My goal is always to get as little tan as possible. I never sit in the sun at the pool, and when I am in the flowrider line I am wearing a hat. So white striped wrists are not a problem. I did find it somewhat helpful after flowriding to open the door with it, and since on the Ovation we had a strange hump angle cabin with a solo traveler cabin wedged between our cabin and the hall way, I actually had to unlock two doors each time I returned to the cabin, that they were useful. Plus the whole, I might be in a suite thing and your not, might be a desireable option for some folks. :evilsmile: I can’t imagine at the premium we paid for our Sea Class Jr Suite that they are going to begrudge someone a cheap wrist band

Wouldn't be the first time ;-)

But usually the outer door of the JS combos is open when it's separate bookings. Surprised they kept it locked as well.

• 4 months later...

Just on the Harmony in June in JS. Got free WOW bands. Took our previous WOW bands to Boleros and had them changed out for

our family on board with us free of charge. (Don't know if it makes a difference we are diamond plus ?)