Understanding Non Refundable Deposit

slyster

ah ok great, but if we had someone to take the place of the 4th then no charge to change names? sorry for all of my questions! I appreciate your help.

Correct, no charge to change the name of the 4th person.

I am in a situation for the first time, our two cruises on the Allure booked for April 2020 now appear to be cancelled due to Dry Dock & rescheduling. My TA has said we wait to see what Royal offers me. The deposits on the B2B's, were Non refundable. We can move to March 2020 but not until we see what Royal offers us.

I am in a situation for the first time, our two cruises on the Allure booked for April 2020 now appear to be cancelled due to Dry Dock & rescheduling. My TA has said we wait to see what Royal offers me. The deposits on the B2B's, were Non refundable. We can move to March 2020 but not until we see what Royal offers us.

If they cancel, one of the options would be a full refund, including the non-refundable part.

Bob, I haven't put anything more toward the cruises except the Deposits, the balance is low enough I can wait until final to pay off. We are still quite a ways out so TA said just hang in there.:) She called her Rep but said due to this being a Holiday week it might be a few days before she hears back from her. If I get the deposits back they will be applied to the new cruises.

Gay

Bob, I haven't put anything more toward the cruises except the Deposits, the balance is low enough I can wait until final to pay off. We are still quite a ways out so TA said just hang in there.:) She called her Rep but said due to this being a Holiday week it might be a few days before she hears back from her. If I get the deposits back they will be applied to the new cruises.

Gay

Gay, you will get the deposits back one way or another that won’t be an issue.

Chances are that they will offer a couple of price protected sailings, quite possibly on Oasis for those same weeks. There could also be another couple sailings that they offer on Allure close to your original sail dates.

What I mean by price protected is that they will honour the price that you paid on the new sailing for a cabin in the exact same category.

If the 2 weeks in March that you are looking at are not part of the price protected sailings then you can move your deposit to those sailings but you would pay the current pricing for the new sailing.

In both the cases above your reservation number stays the same, you are just changing dates. In both those situations you would also receive some OBC for the inconvenience.

Don’t hold your breath on your TA’s Rep finding out anything. The group that handles these redeployments is very tight lipped and doesn’t release information until they are ready. You will just be told it’s “code red” which means closed for bookings or that it’s undergoing “inventory maintenance”. I had one rep tell me that they were just assigning the crew berths and then it would open back up for bookings....one week later I received the redeployment notification.

I would prefer to be on the Allure as I really would like to see Mama Mia. All I can do is wait & see. Since my husband & I did the Liberty last July, don't want to go there again, Ports better out of FL.. ( Freedom, Oasis, Adventure all April ) At least the daughter is flexible and she will leave it up to me.

Gay

TA called, she was informed by Royal, no changes to our April sailings so guess we will wait & see. She sent me two updated invoices. We are still booked on Royal & TA's Site. My TA does have information from me on alternate sailings.

Gay

Good luck hope it works out. I have been in your situation and have found that when you see the sailing closed online and RCL says there are no changes and the sailing is closed for inventory maintenance or some other reason it ends up being chartered or redeployed.

Molly if I had gone with a refundable deposit I would be moving our cruises back a month. $500 on one & $600 on the 2nd ( $100 Future Cruise Credit applied ). This Web Site maintenance I don't by it, probably what they told my TA because they don't have any definite answer. I could book another cruise so we at least have something but hate spending the extra deposits.

Gay

Molly if I had gone with a refundable deposit I would be moving our cruises back a month. $500 on one & $600 on the 2nd ( $100 Future Cruise Credit applied ). This Web Site maintenance I don't by it, probably what they told my TA because they don't have any definite answer. I could book another cruise so we at least have something but hate spending the extra deposits.

Gay

On one of the cruises that I was booked on that ended up being chartered I called 3 times to try to find out what was going on here’s the answers that I received;

1. The cruise is sold out.

2. Inventory maintenance

3. The crew was being assigned their cabins and it would open shortly.

I received notification 2 weeks later that the duties was chartered.

Ken I would say we are into our 2 weeks right now. I can keep bugging my TA whom I have never had a problem with our bookings since 2002, lose my deposits and contact RCCL direct and lock in another cruise or be patient another week and see what happens. Cruises are a ways out yet April 19 & 26 2020 and no 2020 Roll Calls except mine and Lou's on CC yet. Guess I will hold out til next week sometime and see if any changes occur. Ken the statement about crews being assigned their rooms and it would open up shortly is amusing as their cabins wouldn't have any affect on the passengers.

Gay

Ken I would say we are into our 2 weeks right now. I can keep bugging my TA whom I have never had a problem with our bookings since 2002, lose my deposits and contact RCCL direct and lock in another cruise or be patient another week and see what happens. Cruises are a ways out yet April 19 & 26 2020 and no 2020 Roll Calls except mine and Lou's on CC yet. Guess I will hold out til next week sometime and see if any changes occur. Ken the statement about crews being assigned their rooms and it would open up shortly is amusing as their cabins wouldn't have any affect on the passengers.

Gay

I was shocked when she told me that. I guess they really do believe that they can make things up and we will believe them. I never started calling until after about 2 weeks of seeing the cruise wasn’t available to book then it was 2 weeks after that that we were notified. I know it’s frustrating not knowing but I really wouldn’t worry about cabin availability on the other sailings. We are still a very very long ways away.

Ken, that is what my TA keeps telling me.:). I guess i am going by what the web site is showing me, yet do know they don't show all available cabins.

Gay

Look up the cruise on the UK site to will show all 50 available cabins per category. For example it lists 163 4D staterooms

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/

The booking engine that your TA uses also shows all available cabins so trust them when they tell you there are lots.

Thank you for the Link, it doesn't list the Allure or any of the oasis Class ships.

Gay

Under pick a ship you will see all the Oasis class ships then pick your dates try this link

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/search-results/?dest=any&from=any&to=any&ship=any&maxprice=any&country=any&port=any&len=any&offer=any&visitedport=any

You must cruise within a year.

Bob....

We just got off the Allure 2 weeks ago.

We had a B2B cruise booked for 2020 with the non refundable deposit (one of many). We found another B2B that we liked better so we canceled the one and booked the other B2B on a different ship with same dates.

I was told that the FCC (1000 dep - 400 non refund = 600 FCC) only has to be applied within the year. You can cruise when you like.

Where did you see that you have to actually cruise within the year.

Thanks as always.....

Bob....

We just got off the Allure 2 weeks ago.

We had a B2B cruise booked for 2020 with the non refundable deposit (one of many). We found another B2B that we liked better so we canceled the one and booked the other B2B on a different ship with same dates.

I was told that the FCC (1000 dep - 400 non refund = 600 FCC) only has to be applied within the year. You can cruise when you like.

Where did you see that you have to actually cruise within the year.

Thanks as always.....

I don't recall where I saw the restriction for FCCs issued as a result of cancelling cruises, but that was the case when we had an FCC several years ago.

Thank you Molly, the Allure is only showing up to March 2020, no April. Suss1234, since I am booked with my TA, I would have to go with her to change the dates. I was looking at the March 2020 to move back to. At the time I booked I also got 30 % off & CAS NO REf Dep ? off so would lose that if I switched would I not.

Cruise price $1470 PP $2840

CAS NO REF DEP -$113 PP = - $226

30 % NO REF DEP - $ 522 PP = - $ 1044

Cruise $ 1918.84 ( Balcony )

Gay

Thank you Molly, the Allure is only showing up to March 2020, no April. Suss1234, since I am booked with my TA, I would have to go with her to change the dates. I was looking at the March 2020 to move back to. At the time I booked I also got 30 % off & CAS NO REf Dep ? off so would lose that if I switched would I not.

Gay

You will be subject to whichever promo is going on at the time you switch. Right now it's BOGO 50%

Gay

that's weird. we had been booked for april 19th and april 26th.

oh well. we switched to the oasis april 19th and 26 while on allure. at this point i dont see oasis april 19th, 2020 online anymore. reason we changed to oasis is that it will be out of dry dock with all the new goodies.

on the phone now and it looks like you only have to apply FCC within a year but you can cruise anytime you like.

Suss, we presently are booked for the Allure, April 19 & 26. Reason I wanted to move back to March if in fact the Allure isn't doing April, the itinerary doesn't change for either cruise.I looked at the Oasis but didn't care for the ports. If we did March 15th vs March 1, 2020. they switch ST Kitts for ST Maarten.

Gay