How as a result of the latest increase do you intend to tip on their next P&O Cruise?

kalos

As a result of the latest increase, How will you tip on your next P&O Cruise ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. As a result of the latest increase, How will you tip on your next P&O Cruise ?

• YES I will pay the new auto service charge
    • NO I will not pay the new service charge
    • Prefer to pay in person without the new service charge
    • Prefer to pay the staff in person as well as the new service charge
    • I may reduce the new auto service to what I deem to be fair

What people vote in a poll can be very different from what they actually do on the cruise so really a poll isnt very much help or an indication.

True but from the look of some of the posts it's keeping the natives amused ;)

I said earlier this cruise poll is just a blip when it comes to P&O income and make what you will of the poll.

58.17% are not

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the figure of 58.17% needs adjusting down as if you look at option 5 ..

..I may reduce the new auto service to what I deem to be fair .

Which took 18.30% of the poll. They were still paying the Auto Charge but at some unknown to us, reduced rate.

41.83%. (options 1 & 4) plus ?? % of option 5 is anyone's guess.

I shall do what I always do... Not tip and do you know what? I couldn`t care less what anybody else does.

My sentiments exactly .

Only I will pay my Auto charges as we use freedom dining and as I put in a post the other week "What others do will be of no concern to me as I will be too busy enjoying my cruise."

Edited by kalos

He can with all the tip money he doesn't give to the crew lol

Now that is typical of the egotistical, self-importance of the so-called ‘royalty’ on this board. Perhaps you could prove your statement. I said I would tip what I want, not that I wouldn’t.[emoji14]

As others have said, just let me know the cost of my holiday up front. I'll then decide whether to book it or not.

This is the 21st century, why should cruising be any different to a holiday we book in the south of France. Many other cruise lines seem to be going down the 'gratuities included' route. A 40% increase in suggested gratuities in little over a year really is getting excessive.

We have two cruises booked later this year (A824/N833), haven't been advised yet about any changes to the on-board service charge. It was £5.50 pppn on our last (and first) cruise. I suspect I may alter the amount down based on our experience of service on our last cruise. We left an additional envelope for our cabin steward, as she was wonderful, and I suspect we will do the same again on our next two cruises.

I think its probably time for P&O to include the charge in the cost of the cruise, rather than as an extra.

Probably be £8 or £9 by this time next year.

I think you are probably right. We have a cruise booked for April 2019 for 19 nights and at present £7pppn is coming in at £266. If that rises to £9 that will be over £350 just for tips. Seems to be getting out of control.

I think you are probably right. We have a cruise booked for April 2019 for 19 nights and at present £7pppn is coming in at £266. If that rises to £9 that will be over £350 just for tips. Seems to be getting out of control.

350 quid is a lot of G&T's. !!!:o We are on Princess ships for 33 nights in May/June. Princess want just on US$1000 for auto tips.' As to whether they get $1000 or not is another thing.

Like others on here, I don't like the cruise lines telling me how much I should contribute to the Automatic Wage Subsidy - (which is what I call this auto tipping/gratuity/service charge system.) My decision, not theirs.

On another note, some people - single, couples and families, whoever would be really struggling to save the pounds or dollars to do a cruise, so the expected 'service charge' is another impost on their cruise budget.

Just amalgamate the service charges into the overall cost of the cruse and be done with it. As has been said Tipping threads could be buried.

Edited by NSWP