No more 24hr free room service ?!?

rpyne

Throughout the rest of their site, the term INCLUDED means that it is included (free) in the cost of the cruise.

Hmmmm! You are showing a picture from the Ships part of the site that appear to have not been changes. But if you go to FAQs and open the 24 Hour Room Service explanation, it does say that there is a charge for items ordered between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am. Maybe they have not gotten to changing all of the individual ship coverage. After all, there are 20 of them.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

I'm actually a fan of the late night fee for room service. Our food was delivered incredibly fast whenever we ordered and the hallways weren't littered with wasted food on trays...

I wonder how many drunk people come back to the cabin at 2 AM and think... "I'm hungry, let's call Room Service... it's free!" ... and then by the time the food arrives they are passed out, and the food goes to waste?

I wonder how many drunk people come back to the cabin at 2 AM and think... "I'm hungry, let's call Room Service... it's free!" ... and then by the time the food arrives they are passed out, and the food goes to waste?

Yep, done it.

Slightly off topic, but what do others feel about leaving trays in the walkways? Seems they could be a hazard. I've heard it is best to leave the tray in the room and it will be bussed for me.

They want you to leave them in the hall. Someone comes around with carts and collects them. Leaving it in your room creates more work for your steward.

The part about discontinuing room service on disembarkation morning is a real bummer.

Am I the only one who hates the Lido buffet crowds at 6:30 am? You’re tired. Stressed about vacation being over and going back to work. You’re lugging around all your bags. Carrying around a tray of food and walking in circles looking for a table. Thinking about where you have to go after you eat. Collecting luggage. Getting to the airport. Anticipation of security lines at the airport... Everyone around you is cranky....

We found it much more relaxing to order room service on that last morning. Hang out in the room until time to disembark. Then go straight off the ship. I’m going to miss that.

Still have to deal with the whole luggage and airport thing. But at least we started out on the right foot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The latest in a non ending series of cutbacks

If that were the case, pretty soon you would be paying to just look at a picture of a ship. And then after that maybe paying to look at a picture of someone else looking at a picture of a ship.

You are being overly dramatic.

Oh really, the announcement was just over a month ago, so for those who don't scour the news daily it isn't new. Before posting, I searched these forums and couldn't find any mention of it.

Also, they are still advertising it

image.png

Just to riff on this a bit:

If you look at the Carnival website description for Redfrog Rum Bar, you can see the same "Included" marking:

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/redfrog-rum-bar

Yet they also note that regular drink prices apply, not that you get to drink free endlessly at Redfrog.

Bizarrely, the Alchemy Bar page says that the Costs are additional:

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/alchemy-bar

Yet I pay for my drinks (or Cheers! covers them) in both places the same way.

:shrug:

So maybe Carnival is playing a bit fast and loose with "Included", or maybe it is being mis-interpreted.

Throughout the rest of their site, the term INCLUDED means that it is included (free) in the cost of the cruise.

I agree. I was just talking to my wife about that. Clearly on the Carnival website, included is synonymous with free and they have neglected to update room service with the little asterisk and explanation that should accompany it.

Have to admit, I've never used room service, just too many timely alternatives to have done so. But always nice to know it is there, small fee or not, if I wake up hungry in the middle of the night and don't want to get dressed for pizza. I'm traveling solo, so plan on spending meal times among fellow cruisers, not in my room.

Slightly off topic, but what do others feel about leaving trays in the walkways? Seems they could be a hazard. I've heard it is best to leave the tray in the room and it will be bussed for me.

John says to put trays in hall. You can call room service and have them pick it up. Wheelchairs would seem to have difficulty with trays all over.

• 3 weeks later...
It's beginning to worry me that some may starve without the free service.

Please stowaway a sandwich in your room, just in case!

HaHaHaHaHa..... How true. You would think the world is coming to an end!!!! Lately I'm seeing alot more questions on "what is free"....I mean come on just deal with it on the cruise....Geez

- SOMETHING LIGHT -

GARDEN SALAD

Choice of Ranch, 1,000 Island, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese or Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing

CAESAR SALAD

House Made Dressing and Shaved Parmesan Cheese

- JUST WHAT YOU ORDERED -

TUNA SALAD

ROAST TURKEY

HAM AND CHEESE

PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY

BACON, LETTUCE & TOMATO

GRILLED AMERICAN CHEESE

GRILLED REUBEN

with Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese

All served with Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Potato Chips or Pretzels. Your choice of White, Whole Wheat, Rye or gluten free Bread

- SWEET TOOTH -

NEW YORK CHEESECAKEASSORTED COOKIESCHOCOLATE CAKE

A LITTLE $ A LOT OF YUMMY

TOTALLY AWESOME WINGS

Tossed in Your Choice of: Honey BBQ, Buffalo Sauce, Garlic Parmesan, Teriyaki, or Caribbean Jerk

CHICKEN TENDERS

Crispy Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders with BBQ or Honey Mustard sauce

SPICY FRIED FIRECRACKER SHRIMP

Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried withChili Ginger Dip, Served with French Fries

KILLER CHICKEN QUESADILLA

Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken, Onions, Peppers, Grated Monterey Jack Cheese, Fresh Pico de Gallo, and Guacamole

AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK

Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and Grilled Onions on a Hoagie Roll, Served with French Fries

PAN PIZZA

Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with Fresh Ingredients and Baked to Order. Cheese, Pepperoni, or Ham and Pineapple

SIDE OF FRIES

Just Right for You… Tell the Others to Order Their Own

SWEET POTATO FRIES

OLD FASHIONED BANANA SPLIT

- DRINKS -

No charge

Juices: Orange, Tomato, Apple, or GrapefruitRegular or Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Milk, Milk or Skim Milk

- BUBBLES -

at Regular Bar Prices

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Club Soda, Ginger Ale, Root Beer, Tonic Water

- BEERS -

at Regular Bar Prices

DOMESTIC BEER

Budweiser, Bud Light,Miller Lite, Coors Light,Samuel Adams

IMPORTED BEER

Heineken, Corona,

Pilsner Urquell

Must be 21 or older to order alcoholic beverages

LATE NIGHT DINING10:00 PM - 6:00 AM

A LITTLE $ A LOT OF YUMMY

- GREENS -

GREEK SALAD

Olives, tomatoes , feta & peppers, garlic bread crispAdd lemon grilled chickenCHICKEN CAESAR SALADHouse Made Dressing, Shaved Parmesan Cheese

- SATISFY YOUR CRAVING -

TOTALLY AWESOME WINGS

Tossed in Your Choice of: Honey BBQ, Buffalo Sauce, Garlic Parmesan, Teriyaki, or Caribbean Jerk

CHICKEN TENDERS

Crispy Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders with BBQ or Honey Mustard sauce

SPICY FRIED FIRECRACKER SHRIMP

Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried with Chili Ginger Dip, Served with French Fries

PORTABELLA & VEGGIE BUN

Panko crusted portabella & sweet pepper, roma tomato, avocado, arugula, & provolone cheese on a multigrain bun

KILLER CHICKEN QUESADILLAGrilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken, Onions, Peppers, Grated Monterey Jack Cheese, Fresh Pico de Gallo, and Guacamole

GRILLED CHEESE, BACON & TOMATO SANDWICH

Cheddar Cheese, Crumbled Bacon, and Diced Tomato Grilled between two slices of Brioche Bread

AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK

Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and Grilled Onionson a Hoagie Roll, Served with French Fries

ROAST TURKEY WRAP

Shaved turkey, tomato, iceberg lettuce, avocado mayo, cheddar in Jalapeno wrap

PAN PIZZA

Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with Fresh Ingredients and Baked to Order. Cheese, Pepperoni, or Ham and Pineapple

OMELETTE AND FRENCH FRIES Choice of: cheese, peppers onions and mushrooms or ham and cheese

SIDE OF FRIES

Just Right for You… Tell the Others to Order Their Own

SWEET POTATO FRIES

- SWEET TOOTH -

DARK CHOCOLATE WALNUT BROWNIES DOUGHNUT SANDWICH OLD FASHIONED BANANA SPLIT

- DRINKS -

Juices: Orange, Tomato, Apple, or GrapefruitRegular or Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Milk, Milk or Skim Milk

- BUBBLES -

at Regular Bar Prices

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Club Soda, Ginger Ale, Root Beer, Tonic Water

- BEERS

Carnival could disclose in bold, flashing, neon lights, and some people still wouldn't read.
And some people can't help but make rude, smart a** comments on cruise message boards just because someone else didn't handle something in the same way they do.

So you can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and you have a problem with paying for a room service charge for a late nite delivery which you probably don't need at all, and you have a problem?

Pay the money and enjoy your food or just go to bed

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

I like the part where you told someone else what they don't need on their cruise.

And some people can't help but make rude, smart a** comments on cruise message boards just because someone else didn't handle something in the same way they do.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

I like the part where you told someone else what they don't need on their cruise.

Great post Organized Chaos and very well said.

When will people responding to this post realize all this complaining doesn't make a difference??? Carnival made a choice/decision. Just like you can make a choice/decision not to pay for Room Service by not ordering it ....or better yet, choose another cruiseline if it bothers you so much. Oh yeah...I forgot... other cruiselines charge too!!

When will people responding to this post realize all this complaining doesn't make a difference??? Carnival made a choice/decision. Just like you can make a choice/decision not to pay for Room Service by not ordering it ....or better yet, choose another cruiseline if it bothers you so much. Oh yeah...I forgot... other cruiselines charge too!!

HAL doesn't charge and has a much better RS free menu, including you can order any item from the current meal MDR menu and have it brought to your room at no charge. Different cruise experience but same company.

Oh really, the announcement was just over a month ago, so for those who don't scour the news daily it isn't new. Before posting, I searched these forums and couldn't find any mention of it.

Also, they are still advertising it

image.png

If you click on it, it says that room service is included from 6a-10p with a small fee after 10p. We never really ordered room service after 10, but I was sad to see it go.