Anthem thoughts.... just got off the ship

This was my first non-Disney cruise with my sons and parents. It was a great time. If you cannot have fun on this ship, check your pulse. As seadog mentioned, there were several small annoying issues, but just like life, nothing is perfect.

Seaplex: my kids could of lived here. Bumper cars (5 and up), roller skating and trapeze are at scheduled times. Rs and trapeze you need to sign up early for while you wait on line for bc. Go on the first day and towards the end of the time period to find shorter lines for bc. They also have xbox, ping pong and games (foosball, air hockey) that cost money. It was annoying that on the first day the paddles were already in rough shape (and just got worse) and several Xbox screens never worked. They also have adult and teenage only activities (dodgeball, vball, ping pong) at certain times.

Other Entertainment: Rockwall was a lot of fun. There are 3 ropes so the line can move quickly. When we got on the ship, one side was closed (it is only fixed in Florida so it is better to wait until all 3 sides are working). IFly was fun even though the workers seemed to be jerkish. Very strict and no joking around. My kids liked watching a movie and swimming at night (even though the movie selection is pretty horrible. I wonder if Flatliners Is on VHS ha). It was very foggy when we went up on the North Star so it is not fair to judge. Most people thought it was pretty lame. I think it would be better if you are near land.

Food: overall, food was very good.

My kids wanted to go to 270 most mornings which had premade sandwiches, pastries and bagels. Some of the workers really struggled if you tried to order anything than the set options. My kids are still laughing over a woman yelling that she just wanted an English muffin. Ha. 270 also has a great roast beef sandwich for lunch (one guy puts love into making it while the other guy would rather be anyplace else. You will notice).

We were suppose to eat at Icon every night, but they really seemed to be overwhelmed. We ended up eating at Chic most nights. Maybe it was our luck, but the difference in service, food preparation, atmosphere, time to get food, right order was so much better at Chic. We also ate at Jaimie’s, which was a good change of pace (the special was 30% off and kids ate free).

Will cont.

Thanks for posting! We're sailing on Anthem March 17; wondering about the MTD. I read they assign you to a room that goes with your reservation; you can go other rooms but your reservation isn't transferable, is that correct? I really want to dine in all 4. Was there a significant wait without reservation?

Thanks for posting! We're sailing on Anthem March 17; wondering about the MTD. I read they assign you to a room that goes with your reservation; you can go other rooms but your reservation isn't transferable, is that correct? I really want to dine in all 4. Was there a significant wait without reservation?

If you have My Time, you can only dine in two of the four dining rooms. There is no difference in food, each dining room has the same menu which changes nightly.

If you have My Time, you can only dine in two of the four dining rooms. There is no difference in food, each dining room has the same menu which changes nightly.
Thanks, so the other 2 are for traditional dining? Can they move around? We weren't offered choice, only MTD~ can we request traditional on board. Know food is same, just looking to experience all we can.

Thanks, so the other 2 are for traditional dining? Can they move around? We weren't offered choice, only MTD~ can we request traditional on board. Know food is same, just looking to experience all we can.

You can request tradtional now or onboard.

Not sure which we really want~ we like to dine same time, don't really need the flexibility of MTD. Just wanted to try all 4 dining rooms.

I'd just take a walk through all the dining rooms the afternoon that you board the ship if you want to see the decor.

Not sure which we really want~ we like to dine same time, don't really need the flexibility of MTD. Just wanted to try all 4 dining rooms.

The four dining rooms offer the same food, same menus, only decor is different.

PhillyGuy -- don't get too excited about the dining rooms. As Mema says, same menu, same food. And as for decor, for Silk (which began life as an Asian restaurant under the now defunct Dynamic Dining) -- think stereotypical American Chinese red velvet restaurant decor. Totally skip-able imho.

We are on the March 17th sailing also. First time on Anthem.

Love checking out different ships. Haven't done Quantum Class before. My personal favorite is Oasis Class. This cruise we used our FCC from our shortened Oasis Cruise in September due to Irma.

I wasn't told that as I just booked Nov 10 cruise on anthem. The agent said the ship was approx. 40% booked but the early dining time of 5:00pm was no longer available! We chose My Time but were not told about venue restrictions. Not happy about that and believe it or not, only the very LATE dining time was available......an absolute NO!

I wasn't told that as I just booked Nov 10 cruise on anthem. The agent said the ship was approx. 40% booked but the early dining time of 5:00pm was no longer available! We chose My Time but were not told about venue restrictions. Not happy about that and believe it or not, only the very LATE dining time was available......an absolute NO!

The only difference in the dining venues is the decor.

It's not a restriction.

Have you been on other cruises on other ships?

Of course you have.

Example: on voyager and freedom class ships, the dining room is on three separate decks.

On Liberty right now, Deck 3 is My Time Dining.

The other two decks, 3 & 4 are for traditional set dining

It doesn't matter where you are assigned - and you ARE assigned.

Dinner is the same food.

The room has NO bearing on the dining experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only difference in the dining venues is the decor.

For us, there was also a difference in service. It could of been just our luck, but Chic had much better service than Icon (and our orders were actually correct). It is a small sample size, but that was our experience.